What would be a solid Blade Dancer team?

Is this team still good in 1.09?

Blade Dancer isn’t that viable anymore. Golem first slot or the new hero weapon for Drifting Sands is much more effective.

at Warlord when enemies have more armor is he still not viable?

He would be proportionally better at higher difficulties, but PvP currently gives no bonus for difficulty and areas that do give a bonus can just be wiped with 4x Dust Devils.

does difficulty gives zero bonus to PVP? It says it does in the difficulty menu?

Difficulty gives no bonus for PvP matches, arena, maps, etc. They were supposed to make all difficulties have no effect on raising stats in these areas too, but they forgot to do it or implemented it wrong.

Why is it written if it doesnt give bonus? I thought it applied to warlord too, thank god I doesnt play on warlord a lot.

In 1.0.9, difficulty no longer gives bonus to PvP nor Arena. It still effects everything else that it did previously, which is why the menu still exists and displays values for each.

Thanks for the info. But Ive tested soul cap on normal and warlord1, I get more souls on warlord1 tho. And this is on PVP.

1 Like

Yeah well tell that to the game :

He also gave me the expected gold / soul bonus for that difficulty (didn’t take the screenshot since it wouldn’t show much as the guy didn’t give much gold to begin with… And overall, I forgot. But he did give me 1700 gold while he was worth between 300 and 400 (no VIP bonus)

There was a post where they re-enable the difficulty system and bonuses, because the automatically turning them off for PvP (?) wasn’t working correctly. So they rolled back to let you get the bonuses. I think it’s in the 1.0.9 thread.

3 Likes

Hi, newbie here who spent the past two days playing Gems of War to death with my wife. We’re currently still experimenting with building a team. We use the team as follow:

• Level 31 Hero (using a red weapon with +7 attack on first enemy, and act as first tank to absorb hits)
  • Level 11 Revenant (my second tank, so to speak, due to high attack, and takes off large amount of HP off last enemy)
  • Level 11 Blade Dancer (splits damages across all enemies, based on amount of armor they have - very useful for an initial boost to reduce enemies’ HP as much as possible, but practically useless towards the end of a fight)
  • Level 6 Dwarf Lord (another tank, but killing an enemy gives +8 armor, and this has helped me towards tough fights when his additional armor became the different between life and death).

I find that it’s very tough to proceed with the above setup now. After reading up on the above, I’m thinking of leveling up a Goblin Shaman to replace the Dwarf Lord, primarily to make gems for the Blade Dancer. Would this be a good idea?

Heya @neeker, if you’re able to obtain one (Forest of Thorns kingdom event chests), a Green Seer might be more useful. However, as the Blade Dancer’s spell is better used early with a diminishing return on further casts, you may not need to have to feed him any more than a couple of casts per battle at your hero’s level.