What type of Ladder do we want

This has been fixed as far as I’m aware. You do lose PVP points if you quit. The thing that DOESN’T happen at the moment is that it doesn’t break you win streak on your profile. Which is essentially purely cosmetic as far as I’m aware.

Also one of the issues that’s arisen in some discussions about the ladder is what role should level play in it? Eg should a level 200 player be able to manage to make it into the top 100 if they put in the time? Should it only be level 1000s in the top? Or should everyone have an equal number of PVP points for a win and there for have an equal chance?
None of these questions have a clear answer, but are worth considering when deciding what kind of ladder we want.

Also as an aside I wrote in another post about why ELO itself would be a bad idea. While I understand that in this thread people have been talking more about an “ELO-like” system, which if we WERE to use ELO, is what we’d need. I do want to remind people of the main issues of using an ELO system. Not that these can’t be overcome, but the weaknesses of the system do need to be taken into consideration.

1 Like