What should I do when I have evidence of Cheating in Guild Wars?

I thought it was prohibited? If cheating is allowed, why should any of us spend money on this game?

NowayJoe2Go

2 Likes

Cheating is fine. Talking about those who cheat however, now that’s a huge no no.

8 Likes

Without calling a guild out what is happening that makes you think they are cheating?

1 Like

@ghaleon I have evidence of them cheating for 3+ weeks. In addition, my Guild DruidsGlade lost 100 gems due to said cheating. IE, our Guild would have ranked much higher in Bracket 1.

I would post the evidence here for all to see and draw their own conclusions, but Devs would simply ban me and leave the cheaters in place as they have always done. :frowning:

NowayJoe2Go

1 Like

Can you message me the details in a pm?

1 Like

Then how come you don’t do anything about it? Are you sure you really take it seriously and you really care?

NowayJoe2Go

They say this but yet still allowing collusion to happen?

3 Likes

Yes, they do allow it to happen @solar. Problem is, I have proof from multiple weeks. And if I can see it @solar then our fearless Devs MUST be able to see it. It’s not a matter of accuracy or being definitive, it’s that they don’t want to fix it as it’s not a money maker for them. It’s a lack of will on the part of Devs.

So, what do you do when you have proof of cheating in GWs?

I would love to refute the Developers Idiotic post above, but they will not allow me to post evidence to refute them :stuck_out_tongue:

NowayJoe2Go

2 Likes

You PM the devs, as they’ve requested. If nothing comes of it, you’ve done what you can. Just don’t use these forums as a means of public shaming, as that’s not their intended purpose.

2 Likes

Does not help. Multiple Guilds in my Bracket have already done this. Devs take no action. It’s just not a priority to them. They cannot see it even tho it is very clear to almost all of the guilds in my GW Bracket. Evidence is not allowed to be shared. Protect the Guilty.

Customer is Always Right! We pay your Bills! Yet you take no Action???

NowayJoe2Go

Sorry @Lyya as I agree with your statement. But this has been ongoing now for over a year, and I believe there has been sent 100s of evidence to the Dev team. When so much time has passed, so many evidences have been sent in and nothing much is done I can totally understand the reaction to some players on this. This has been totally nerve wrecking and is destroying the very fun of the game for many many players that have supported this game for a very long time. We are talking as much as 2-4 years. Because what do you do in the end, when you get enough? Sending in evidence wont do much, sending PMs wont do much. Come to these boards won’t do much. One just become totally helpless…

2 Likes

You win despite the cheating and you learn to be happy with 5th place. But #1 in Integrity and ethics. :wink:

4 Likes

yeah. i’m also interested to know what kind of hard evidence that you have that convince you they were for sure cheating. without the specific callout of course. like do you have all their defense line up or chat evidence that support the planning and actual execution of said cheat. how to gather it too. it would be good to spread the knowledge around to better help others to be aware and detect this actions too.

3 Likes

Now I am no coder. And only claim to be after I stay at a Holiday Inn Express. But seriously… What’s so difficult about doing something like this? Until the days match up and the defense is locked in?

You’d also have to make the match up of guilds random in the bracket. But that would be just RNG… something the devs should know a little about.

#methree (I’m starting a public awareness hashtag for all those that have been victims of a match 3 game collusion.)

1 Like

I saw the evidence.
It’s when you suck against all other Guilds. But don’t suck against the guild you should definitely suck the most against.

1 Like

When collusion was pitchforked on this forum, devs decide to consider it as cheating. It’s their choice.

But then, they gave us the new GW defense system which is the best excuse to allow collusion: put difficult defenses versus the guilds which could be closed to your rank in the GW leaderboard (i.e. competitive guilds). That allows to put somewhat easy teams versus other guilds. And it’s easy to understand that generally sister guilds are not competitive guilds.

Devs are the only ones responsible. If they want to not allow collusion they have to work on it and add features, and not just a simple notification on the forum/social media.
To make an analogy (and I hate that), devs put a forbidden sign on a door, open it and then say “you cannot go through the door”.

3 Likes

Again, the BS in that statement is atrocious.

2 Likes

More like, they can’t shut the door, so they ask people not to walk through, on the honor system.

And you’ve decided to continue doing something the devs expressly asked all of us not to do, which speaks volumes about your honor (or in this case, lack thereof).

1 Like

@turintuor I asked you point-blank in the previous thread if you intended to stop colluding as the devs had ruled it to be cheating. You said yes, you would. I didn’t believe you at the time.

Question to everyone

Addressed directly to you

Your reply

1 Like
  • I don’t feel concerned by collusion anymore,
  • guilds involved by the OP is not mine so please pitchfork someone else than me,
  • my post was more about what was for me the real issue (attack the cause and not the consequence), so we can avoid any witch hunts on this forum as soon as two sister guilds have strange results

Maybe. Some players proposed already a ton of easy solutions to implement, so I’m not sure how difficult it is to “close the door”…

1 Like