What Legendarys are worth crafting for a Noob?

Think of Gorgotha as a mana-battery who also happens to function as a stupendous tank. He is not a damage dealer. My Gorgotha pretty much wipes the screen when he casts his spell, which usually fills him right back up and the rest of my team pretty close to full if not already. Gorgotha is one of my favorite troops in the game, but NO troop is good without the proper back up.

Like @Rickygervais said, you will want multiple teams. It’s good to have a main team that you are fluent with and comfortable playing with, because that’s the team you’re going to end up using to have the most fun with in PVP, but eventually, you’ll want to/need to start branching out to different team set-ups.

For example: A killer team fairly easily obtained during lower levels (even higher levels) is Nobend Brothers, Princess Fizzband, Goblin Rocket, and Queen Grapplepot; BUT, when I want to make a PVP defense team, I sub out Nobend Brothers for Gorgotha.

1 Like

If you are somewhat new, there is currently 2 « easy teams » you may want to look at.
When I say easy, I mean strong enough to have a very high win %, and be relatively easy to built.

1- Dragons
Use Dragon Guard Hero, Dragon Soul, Krystenax, and « another dragon of your choice » . Quick, powerful, and grants souls.

2- Dwarf
Use Runepriest Hero, the 2 Kings and another of your choice.

Both need 2 Legendary but no Mythic to work great. So I think they make solid « first teams »

This weak Borealis is avaible and I have about 800 diamonds. Is he worth crafting? I am missing all legendary dragons yet, but Borealis seems to have a solid utility outside dragon teams too and in dragon teams I see him a lot.
So: Craft Borealis or save the diamonds for hopefully a stronger legendary next week?

Save the Diamonds.

2 Likes

Borealis one of the weekest legendary, better save diamonds.

1 Like

For an early game player, Dragon Soul and Krystenax are the only ones I’d recommend crafting if you’re set on not saving up for a mythic. Both are incredibly strong, don’t really need any of their traits to be useful, and dragons are incredibly strong no matter what stage of the game you’re in (I use a 4x dragon team on GW defend and it has a 40-50% win rate in brackets 10 and 11).

Other people are saying Gorgotha. Gorgotha is another great troop, but only worth crafting if you have the 16 Arcane Mountain stones to fully trait him. Otherwise, just wait.

1 Like

Thank you for your great post!

I’m pretty sure if I’ve ever used Borealis, it was once just to see how it did. If you had 2 other legendary dragons, I’d say go for it because 3-4 dragons are always powerful. But I think it’s worth spending diamonds on a better dragon.

I am a fellow new, low-level player and remembered reading this thread in the last couple weeks. I happened to pull a Great Maw and Tacet recommended a good low level team in his stream today. It was Great Maw - Cockatrice - Apothecary - Dragonian Monk. He recommended it as a good, low-level, dungeon team that would also work on Rescue Events and some pesky Goblin teams. I happened to have all of the cards, so I leveled them up to the max I could reasonably afford to try (Lvl 12), traited some of them with what I could, and gave it a shot. I happened to complete all stages of a rescue event for the first time with this team and am thrilled with it.

It isn’t a solid team that will earn you win after guaranteed win against top-level teams, but in these game modes where you aren’t penalized with unlimited tries, you always have at least some chance of winning. From my application, the goal is to try to get off Great Maw as quick as possible and devour the strongest enemy. That puts his skull attack and life/armor high enough to try and sustain through a match. Cockatrice is then good for depleting enemy mana and entagling enemies, Apothecary is good for helping to build up the brown mana for the initial cast of Great Maw and filling remaining troops afterward, and Dragonian Monk can help put Barrier on your troops to try and keep them alive through the battle. Getting the mechanics to work right was a little new, but once I got the hang of it, I really enjoyed playing it.

Main thing to remember is that it won’t always work. If you don’t get a good board and can’t get off Great Maw quick enough where he ends up dead, you pretty much have no chance of winning. I just retreated and gave it another go. If I can get Great Maw off and am able to keep the rest of the troops alive, I was able to eat away at opponents and win matches I might never have won otherwise. It’s a new saved team in my low-level arsenal.

I previously gave up around stage 5 or 6 of pet rescue events. Just didn’t have anything that could compete at that level. This has given me enough of a chance that within 3-5 tries I’ll probably win and be able to advance. It has made me more excited for Rescue Events and given me confidence I’ll be able to complete the three dungeon matches every day as well. Ever since I completed that Rescue, I’m now going through explore with Senita building my gold through this weeks event and farming traitstones so I can fully trait out that new team. I agreed with the facts put out by others in this thread that Great Maw may not be the best target for a first craft, but he has certainly given me some new opportunities for building my roster that I didn’t have before.

I have to confess, I didn’t listen to the comunity about the Great Maw and crafted it as my first legendary with diamonds and I have to say :confused: … I don’t regret it one second yet! :smiley:
I love the Maw! hugging the giant worm
I see why he will not be top tier for high level PvP teams - but holy moly did he win so many PvE matches for me “on his own”, which I wouldn’t have a chance yet with my other troops. For a low level account like mine the Maw is a gift from heaven. ^^

So I have over 900 diamonds again and there are two Legys I consider for my collection:
Sheggra nearly always felt like a dangerous enemy when I faced him. He could maybe fit in a dragon or a skull spam team, right? His third trait looks pretty strong for me.
But I am even more interested in Queen Ysabelle, because I use the The Great Maw a lot (!) with good success and I just love the giant worm, which is winning me so many matches I wouldn’t have a chance without him so far (especially in PvE) and Ysabelle ability seems to work very well with the fed Maw.

Queen ysabelle without hesitation
But if you are missing some mythic i would keep my diamonds

1 Like

No Sheggra or Queen Y for me last week. New week, new question: Should I craft Psion? ^^

Short answer - no.

Also, Darkstone event should happen in next ~40 days, so if you’re not in a rush, you can wait for that and use Event keys instead.