What. Just...what. (Calendar reward: x100 War Corgi)

I appreciate you taking the time to learn everything I just assume to be true. :wink:
You bring a lot of credibility to my made up thoughts. Lol

3 Likes

ff0c47a3042d3e35d147c7287a08be04

3 Likes

Wow, this thread exploded!

To answer the question why I spent money on a cosmetic pet… well, think about it like that: Why are people even playing this game (and spending money on it)? Or really, games in general. Or buy DVDs, Netflix, trading cards, other stuff that costs you something but doesn’t get you fed, a roof over your head or other, essential things? The answer is simply ‘Because thing X makes me happy and is fun’. I happen to really, really like Corgis. I happened to have gems to spare. The thought of getting pets I don’t care about to mythic while the Corgi won’t likely ever be made me sad because I care about Corgis in general. So I bought the copies. As simple as that.
Some people here on the forum like cats. In fact, there’s been a thread just recently about Lucky being repeated as Wednesday-pet and some people replied “Well, can’t have enough cats” simply because for them, cats are awesome. For me, Corgis are awesome (though not as awesome as bunnies) and since the pet event for Corgi only comes by once a year, I spent gems.

Is that really weird? Have none of you guys ever spent anything on something that doesn’t do anything but just looks nice? Some useless stuff you bought on vacation as a tangible memory and which now just sits on your desk? That one thing that looked so fancy even though you already have 50 of it (be it shoes, pencils, posters, whatever)? Come on… this is really not different from normal life in general - except that I even only spent a virtual currency I happen to have not bought with real money. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I tell you hwhat, that corgi ain’t right !!

Now this is a beauty! ↓↓↓
u36VfWi

1 Like

Screw you guys. I appreciate people that spend on this game. Keeps it free for me!

Welcome to the Gems of War @AlphaNate. Are you the one that I have seen from the Bodybuilding.com boards? I swear I saw your name there a few years ago when I was looking for advice on how many reps I needed on my pushups. I still regret that I went there asking for advice. It must be absolute the worst place on the whole internet to hang out at. LOL

2 Likes

Nope, not familiar with that site.

Strange, it must have been some other then…

1 Like

@Sheba doesn’t have anything against 100 pets, it’s that Sheba isn’t getting 100 Snow Bunnies

1 Like

I also wouldn’t have had anything against 100 War Corgis if I would have been told I would get them before spending 3k gems to get mine to mythic. :stuck_out_tongue: It was nothing against getting 100 pets, just about getting them after people were forced by the one-chance-in-a-year event to upgrade the pet by spending gems.
Of course, a compensation of 100(00000) Snow Bunnies for all the heartache I had over the wrong number displayed for a hour would be totally appreciated and justified. :wink: :rabbit: Actually, giving people bunnies is always justified. Because bunny.

1 Like

if it had still happened as it appeared, you could have turned those extra War Corgis into Brown Pet food. 100 Brown Pet Food wouldn’t have been terrible.

1 Like

While that is true, I wouldn’t have spent any gems on food, ever, so it would have still felt horrible. I dunno, while I do have some food shortages ever so often depending on the rescue events my guild gets (suddenly being able to upgrade four yellow pets tends to be bad for food stock) I’m normally having more food than I need for most colors without having ever made any in the soulforge.

Ahem. There is in fact a purpose to upgrading a cosmetic pet.

It will increase your pet mastery and get you a miniature amount of gems / orbs.

… yeah don’t do it guys.

1 Like

Why can’t these cosmetic pets at least give us +5 to a gem color mastery like the snow bunny? It won’t break the game and at least they will do SOMETHING for us.

4 Likes

I agree that them having a fixed stat (that won’t be upgraded with levels, given how they are once-a-year pets) would be a really nice thing, yeah.

Hey everyone, unfortunately, there was an issue with the files in the game for the War Corgi rewards. They were only intended to give 1, so the team made some changes on the weekend to return this to x1 Corgi rather than x100.

Thankfully, no Corgis were harmed in the process of making this game.

4 Likes

In fact, less corgis were harmed.

2 Likes

Excuse me, are you claiming that I don’t know how to take care of my Corgi(s)?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
images

1 Like

That corgi is so thinking “somebody save me!”

2 Likes

I know, right? I have zero ideas of how to care for a dog, seeing as I don’t have one and never did, but I’m pretty sure this is not how to hold a Corgi.:sweat_smile: