What is your favourite movie(s)?

UHF is great! I love Weird Al.

I specifically left off a comedy category because there are WAAAAY too many comedies that I love.

Two of my favs are Christmas-centric:

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (arguably the best of the original lampoon films)
and
Jingle All the Way (Sinbad, Phil Hartman, Schwarzeneggar, AND Physical Comedy)

1 Like

Shawshank Redemption finally got my #1 spot. I’m huge movie freak though.

1 Like

Three great french movies I really enjoyed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dude, Raging Bull, watch it. They simply do not make them like that any more. Scorcese, DeNiro, Pesci :+1::+1::+1:

Can still hear the theme tune and DeNiro dancing around the ring.

@Ashasekayi Primal Fear? Arse biscuits! Cape Fear is where it is going on

2 Likes

My game night group quotes UHF all the time, especially when appropriate in the campaign: “Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Stupid! You so stupid!” is a favorite :joy:

@Robert : Pfbbt… Primal Fear was much better than Cape Fear. (Although, I did like both versions, especially the one with DeNiro)

1 Like

Thought you were smarter!! Im going to pretend I didnt read that

1 Like

I don’t really watch movies… But I love all movies that are based around books or games I’ve played, since reading and gaming are my main hobbies I am more likely to have seen it if it’s related. I normally watch series instead.

I love:
The Lord of the Rings series + Hobbits

Harry Potter (my ultimate fave)

Star Wars (I actually like 4,5,6 more because I have always disliked Luke and bad quality Yoda scares the daylights out of me because he looks so creepy. I prefer the plot and the characters, although Anakin does grate my nerves a smidge in the second one and jar jar binks drives me crazy for the first movie… I still like them more. It also goes along well with the clone wars series that’s based on those characters and feels so much more developed when you watch all of them together. There are a lot more reasons than that, but I don’t care to get into them)

Warcraft movie (love the beginning of the Warcraft lore and it was excellently moved from print/video game to big screen in my opinion)

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

One of the greater comedies that I’ve seen. Glad to see it getting the recognition it deserves; admittedly, though, it isn’t for everyone. Some people I’ve recommended it to loved it to pieces and others found it to be vehemently unfunny. I’m not sure there’s a common ground for this one.

1 Like

There’s a few more modern one’s that make my list. Again, in no particular order:

Her (Futuristic Drama/Romance)
Boyhood (Slice of Life/Drama) (It also had an interesting concept, using the same actors over a 10+ year period)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Sci-fi/Dramedy/Guilty Pleasure)
Moonrise Kingdom (Indie Comedy/Drama)
Live. Die. Repeat.: Edge of Tomorrow (Sci-fi/Thriller)
Bridesmaids (Comedy)
Enter the Void (Psychedelic Drama) (NOT for everyone, especially those with epilepsy)
Moneyball (Historical Drama)
Insidious (Thriller/Horror)
The Adjustment Bureau (Sci-fi/Thriller)
Drive (Crime/Drama)
Nightcrawler (Triller)
Ex Machina (Science Fiction)
Shutter Island (Thriller)
Zombieland (Sci-fi/Dramedy)

These two aren’t recent, but I rewatched them a couple of days ago, so I figured they are worth mentioning:

Secret Window (Psychological Thriller)
187 (Urban Drama/Samuel L. Jackson!)

Oh! One more. Not really old or new:

Paprika (Fantasy/Anime)

2 Likes

@Robert @therealwetwilly I finally watched “The Prestige” tonight. It had some amazing twists and turns. It’s extremely rare for a movie plot to surprise me. But, this one did a good job of keeping me on my toes. I’ll surely have to rewatch it. :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Plus - David Bowie!

1 Like

That was a nice surprise. I think the last movie I saw him in was “Labyrinth”. I still miss Bowie.

Great, glad you enjoyed. Based on this thread I want to rewatch Prestige, Gangs of New York, Memento, , Pulp Fiction and American Psycho,.

1 Like

…Army
…Of
…Darkness

'nuff said

"Shop smart, Shop “S-Mart”.
#“YOU GOT THAT!?!”

-the guy with the gun

Someone mentioned Robert De Niro and I remembered about Hide and Seek movie. Watched it couple of times. Really enjoyed it.
Liked also Shutter Island and Sixth Sense.
Just this year I watched for the first time all the Star Wars. I can say Im not really a fan of it :smiley:. Still gotta watch the Lord of the ring ( no spoilers please :sweat_smile: )

WHAT. REALLY. HOW. You have to watch the LOTR trilogy asap.

1 Like

Will do! This year maybe even :laughing:

1 Like