What is your favourite movie(s)?

and your friend?

1 Like

there are a lot of different movies that i would put up there for a lot of different reasons. if i had to choose at gunpoint it would probably be The Big Lebowski.

I don’t necessarily think it is the best movie (not even of the ‘Coen brothers’), but it is the one were I doubt I could be friends with someone who doesn’t like it. :wink:

5 Likes

I really liked the movie ‘Leon’. :smiley:

2 Likes

Anyone seen A Serbian Film? If not, dont.

2 Likes

Mine: Shawshank Redemption

3 Likes

The Philadelphia Story. Kathryn Hepburn, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, all at the top of their game.

2 Likes

This is my fathers all time favourite as well. :slight_smile: + Casablanca

Info:

1 Like

2 Likes

My favourite crime movie:

Say no more. :wink:

5 Likes

I like any tarentino movie

2 Likes

From dusk till dawn
Very close runner up- gladiator

@therealwetwilly if you like old boy you should check out I saw the devil, probably my favorite Korean film I’ve seen.

@Boats hush :heart: was a great watch. And quite an amazing movie especially considering the lack of dialogue. And you’re next was definitely not what it looked like in the trailer, which was a very pleasant surprise.

2 Likes

I saw the devil is awesome.

I don’t really pick a favorite for anything, to be honest, but here’s a few good ones:

In Bruges (Dark comedy)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (Sci-fi)
The Matrix, first one (Sci-fi)
Inception (Sci-fi)
A Scanner Darkly (Mystery/Sci-fi)
The 25th Hour (Drama/Crime)
Waking Life (Sci-fi/amazing)
World’s Greatest Dad (Dark Dramedy)
American Beauty (Dark Comedy)
The King’s Speech (Historical Drama)
Das Experiment (German Historical Thriller)
Saw 1 (Thriller/Horror)
Gattaca (Thriller/Drama)
Fight Club (Suspense/Drama)
Total Recall (remake and original) (Sci-fi thriller)
Robocop (remake) (Sci-fi/Crime)
The Raid: Redemption (Indonesian Martial Arts/Crime/Action/Triller/sick!)

Anyway, there’s a few. It should be noted that “Waking Life” and “A Scanner Darkly” use an animation technique called rotoscoping, which can be a bit much on the eyes and difficult to watch. Hopefully, you can get past that, though, as they are of the better two on the list.

1 Like

@Phaethon

You’ve got a good list, seen all of them but one multiple times. I’m surprised based in your small sample you did not include “Blade Runner” (as it is also a Phillip K. Dick adaptation like some of the others you picked).

2 Likes

I assume you mean John Carpenter’s 1982 “The Thing” - and not the 1951 film it was based on.

I also find the term “both first alien movies” - rather complex? But presumably you mean Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986)

@Strat

I’ve never seen it before, if I’m honest. I think I may have read the book when I was younger (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?). I’ll have to give it a look when I get a chance. Thanks for the suggestion.

Enter the Pedant :grin:

yes and yes. I didnt know there was an older version of the thing than the 1982. :-o

V for Vendetta. ← Every 5th of November i re-watch it.
Cloud Atlas.
Chappie.
Pulp Fiction.
Vanilla Sky.
Whiplash.
Le Fabuleux destin d_Amelie Poulain.
Cloverfield.
Chronicle.
Branded.
Anonymous.
Lucky Number Slevin.

There are others i don’t recall, but these are among the old/new ones that i re-watch from time to time on my notebook when visiting my relatives.

2 Likes

Nice list. I wasn’t a fan of Chappie at all, but Whiplash was surprisingly good.

1 Like