What is going on with these"Justice League" teams?

I would hope not. Since it’s the same game all around, I have been not using it myself As much as well since the update is coming and I will be ready.

1 Like

Not me… I am milking it for every ounce of use i can get out of it lol

2 Likes

As much doesn’t mean I quit either, I pick a new top troop per match now. But I do have a few new nice teams that are working well.

1 Like

I have a slight variation of my fav team on mobile ready to go… I only have one shiny but i have 3 tds so i just gotta farm a few more arcane swamps for shiny and my post update team will be ready! Now if only i can get a second shiny!

2 Likes

I have 8 of them.

1 Like

Well good for you bragger McBraggiepants… Lol

2 Likes

Community seems to believe otherwise.

I hope it’s not too late for me to chip in here with what I think on this!

Gem creation is STRONG, but I don’t think it’s busted. I think that once small facet of the problem is that blue gem creation specifically is really strong, because (at least last I played) most of the strong/top tier troops used blue mana.

That… might be an issue, another small facet of what I personally think is the problem

I 100% do not think so

This is where about 50% of the problem lies. Justice has insane synergy with Mab’s third trait, which can be OP as hell. It makes spamming gems less punishing by making it so that the opponent can’t keep the turn or chain off of a miss. Spamming Justice with just itself is high risk, high reward, as is with all other guardians. However, Mab brings this risk down to almost nothing. To counter it, one would have to only run one troop that uses blue and that troop would have to be either Impervious or immune to freezing. Mab makes the combo far too safe and far too reliable. Tuning this down will greatly reduce the effect people feel from Justice’s scaling.

You need blue Impervious troops, and I haven’t looked at the full troop roster in months. The only one I remember is War Sphinx. Other than that, a legendary trait that reduces stat gain on enemy troops might be interesting to see.

I’m going to go out of left field here and recommend that you make it so that guardians can only target mana gems. Part of why Justice is so strong is that repeatable attack buff with the ability to make use of it on spamming skulls. Your opponent can’t get extra turns, and you can fill the board with blues to refill Justice and skulls to make use of your juicy attack. Nerfing Mab’s third trait is one option, but the easier and more effective way might just be to remove the ability to target skulls on guild guardians.

If I were to break down the Justice problem, it would be about 50% safety because Mab, 30% skull spam (made worse by the safety of Mab), 10% bonus scaling while safe because Justice scales off of freezing, and 10% other things like gem creation being a strong (not OP, just strong) concept, and the powerful troop selection in Blue.

Seriously. Remove the ability to target skulls, and you remove almost all of Justice’s teeth while still keeping it relatively strong. The scaling might also need to go down a touch too, but one step at a time, eh?

1 Like

I agree, currently we have 3 impervious troops that use blue mana:

• War Sphinx
  • Behemoth
  • Plague

However we also need to be careful putting out too many troops with impervious.

1 Like

Yup, all pretty poor blue impervious. I suggested numerous times that guardians shouldn’t be able to cast on skulls and no one bothered replying. Finally someone singing from the same song sheet. Mab needs no nerf, justice last trait is irrelevant anyway. Occasionally I’ll get unlucky against vjm but they’re not a massive problem for me for the most part but that insane looping from start to finish is certainly very demoralising and frustrating.

Hmmm impervious? Sorry but what it gonna change when justice keep looping and everyone hit over 100 attack and got over 100 health? It won’t be freeze of course but kraken will still drop you -3 on every 4x gems and a lucky skull cascade will finish you

Justice on her own isn’t a problem, Mab on her own isn’t a problem. It’s when these two combine that they are seriously OP. They have more synergy between them than any other 2 troops in the game. They just simply work far too well as a duo. Justice create gems (foursomes) each of which freezes an enemy which then buffs Justice’s next cast etc. etc. then Mab gets extra turn with all the blues on the board etc. etc. Even if the loop is broken after 3 or 4 casts, you now have 0% chance of winning because all your remaining troops are frozen and the enemy is buffed up the wazoo with health and even a 3-skull match now is an instakill.

If you compared say Courage + Infernus (which is the red equivalent of Justice/Mab) they are nowhere near as deadly. Why? Several reasons.

• Infernus has no extra turn
  • Courage only buffs attack
  • If the loop breaks you aren’t frozen

If the problem still persists after the patch I would suggest a change to either Justice or Mab or both.

• Justice change: What if you simply changed Justice’s color with another Guardian? Like Honor for example. This would mean less of Mab getting full mana and also less of Mab getting extra turns.
  • Mab change: Take away her extra turn and/or she can only freeze 1 troop (the top one perhaps?).

This whole discussion is now hopefully moot anyway with the incoming patch. I am curious though why the renewed interest from Nimhain about what the problem is after all this time? Why not 6 months ago?

3 Likes

I wonder how many people have quit game over justice BS! You almost won then you get looped for a 5 second loss!

I came up against a vjm team in gw yesterday.
I was using my anti vjm which works very well on blue and brown day.
I was going to cast and remove justice but there was no danger on the board at all and she had no mana. So I went to get a match three that would fill my second troop, my generator. So I could then fill the last two drainers. Oh no, what a silly thing I did.
The ai took a turn which multi cascaded into blues and extra turns which then ended up in 4 justice loops and a mab cast. When I got my turn I took him out. From seemingly nowhere I almost lost. This happens almost all the time.
My team?
Maw
Apothecary
Emporer Khorvash
Emporer Khorvash
Kraken banner.
Enjoy.

I think the real problem here was already stated. The fact that these 3 cards feed off each other. Most of the time when I watch the AI run off on it’s very first try is when Valk fires off and you watch a couple of 4 matches happen and then it’s Justice who takes over feeding Mab.

I can’t prove it but it there are matches I would swear up and down that when the AI takes off on it’s first turn it is like all the odds just turned over in the favor of the AI. If you have a looping team your defending with the chances of making a successful loop go down to almost zero. I’ve watched countless battles where I couldn’t make a single loop yet every time the AI fired off Justice it would loop multiple times. Again this only seems to happen if the AI’s first turn goes off the track and loops 5 to 10 times before handing you your second turn.

That is what RNG and recall bias do to you.

However the RNG is the problem and what makes people quit because of BS that is outside of their control.
I just finished my GW and first battle two casts and the opponent was down. The second battle I had no chance as Mab team went berzerk and I was out. When the game makes me rage so hard I want to throw a joypad there is an issue.

We will see, it should be made better with 3.1 tho after experiencing 3.1 in game and reading the patch notes it makes me want to play GoW even less.

1 Like

thanks god, i’m not alone with my rage. sometimes i cry out my frustration so that the neighbours must think i went crazy. It’s really frustrating to make just 1 turn and then you can only watch rthe ai destroying your team in no time. everytime i face mab, kraken etc i have a bad feeling from start.

Lets hope the new build we are going to get is not as broken as the PC and ios version.

Impervious no longer works, so all your troops can be munched !!!

Crossposting from the other thread:

One fix I would suggest for all of the 4-5 match traits is that it be “limit one per turn” as in Mab’s freeze trait can only trigger once per turn regardless of the number of 4 or 5 matches you get. Ditto stun, Elemaugrim’s crazy third trait, etc. It would still be very powerful but not better than some troops actual magic skills.

Queen Mab should not have a trait that rivals Borealis’ (another Legendary troop) magic ability. I’m neglecting to mention the damage that Borealis’ magic attack does, but even then it totally pales in comparison to Mab’s attacks and situational free turn!

1 Like
  • War Sphinx has no teeth. Period. It jumbles the board if you get something unfavorable which is okay at best
  • Behemoth is probably a player’s best bet. Its spell is kind of offensively lacking, but still a lot better than War Sphinx.
  • Plague is a mythic, and unless drop rate for those has gone up significantly, a majority of players won’t have it, let alone have enough stones to trait it.

Add this to the fact that it is a three color troop, and in order for it to be used as a counter to Mab in the way that we would need, it would need to be in the first slot and ALSO the only blue troop on your team.

And this whole thing is just to negate the safety of the Mab combo, allowing you to clean the board a bit after Justice fills it with blues. It does not effectively disable Mab OR Justice, it just gives it slightly less safety.

If we wanted a troop to counter Mab, I’d suggest a high Attack unit with Armored and either Impervious or immunity to freezing that uses Blue, and to be safe, either Red or Yellow mana, with a spell that strips blue gems off of the board.

Blue Gems → Skulls, Red Gems → Yellow might be a decent spell for that. Or if it’s Blue/Red, have it do Yellow gems to Red.

Another idea is to create a troop that cleanses a random ally at the start of every turn, or make something that deals a damage or two to all enemies when they take an extra turn by any means. The latter might have to be on a Mythic though.

Easier than all this is to just make it so that Guardians can’t target Skulls, though. But if you want to be thorough, there are a few ideas