What do you think are the most valuable weapons?

The barrier and bless do help greatly, yes. Also using deeds to lvl 15 on Merlantis also really helped squishiness, even with my pet at only lvl 10 I now get a net +30 life and armor. Hero can fill in one red match (with a surge), azura casting on a blue flooded board doesn’t necessarily need a storm, especially when +3 to blue with the banner and talent. It’s rapid-fire deep king casts that win the match, not the hero. Running 2 Nysha medals + 1 Anu medal, help make the kings more lethal and fill slightly faster

[1293,6405,6627,6627,3069,1,2,3,3,1,1,0,14025]

1 Like

Dancing Daggers, if you don’t do the last affix is great with Bard class if you don’t have Doomed Axe. I used it take Bard to 100

Now that I have Doomed Axe and rarely use Bard, I went ahead and put on the last upgrade because it bothered me to see it listed as upgradeable

1 Like

I just don’t understand the logic going on…

Why should Plunder and Peril gets left off the list because of Skeleton Key, when its still way better than many of the other weapons listed?

Why is Summer Wonder left on, but Fire Ruby Staff left off, when both are underpowered like crazy. Only thing that makes them half decent is self-enchant. Fire Ruby Staff even has an easier boost ratio to work with than Summer Wonder.

Orc King’s Club? Three Sisters? Are those supposed to be considered good because of Heavy Splash Damage? Well, I’d much rather run the Doomed Gavel series, since +10 temper gives +40 damage before magic is involved.

I’d much rather have Dancing Daggers over Orc King’s Club and Three Sisters, since I can always build around the Dust Storm. I don’t always want a storm matching the color of the weapon and this is one of the few miss matching ones. What does OKC and TS do that make want to use them?

Speaking of Doomed Gavel, that thing is amazing. If my hero had 30 magic, it would hit 75 (35 + 40 from temper) heavy splash damage, stun all yellow enemy, cleanse all allies, create a light storm, silence the first enemy, drain 2 mana from yellow enemies, deal 3 more splash damage, and explode 4 gems. Its a full toolbox of stupid tricks that does really high damage. I like it for having a storm option though, so if the other ones in the series don’t have a storm, then I don’t see myself caring.

Also, lol Runeforger. mediocre damage, mediocre exploding option, mediocre affixes. Don’t see the point in it.

2 Likes

No one:

Here’s my favorite 10 weapons.

Mountain Crusher
Rope Dart
Mang
Dawnbringer
Essence of Evil
Black Manacles
Doomed Axe
Doomed Glaive
Doomed Scythe
Skeleton Key

1 Like

I really don’t think DB is the nuts that the grind deserved. IMO it’s out of date.

1 Like

There are only a handful of weapons in the game that are worth using and they’re all worth using in specific circumstances. The majority of weapons aren’t even worth using in their own specific circumstances. Here are the best weapons, hands down, in no order at all. If you’re using a weapon that’s not on this list, you should just reconsider, or keep playing however you want, I’m not your mom. Also, some of these weapons are better than others on this list, but they are all better than the weapons not on this list (which is most weapons).

• Doomed Crossbow, Glaive, Scythe, Helm, Statue
  • Dawnbringer
  • Essence of Evil
  • Fiend Fire
  • Orb of Winter
  • Plunder and Peril
  • Reflection of Good
  • Skeleton Key
  • Staff of St. Astra
  • Black Manacles
  • Earth’s Fury
  • Flammifer
  • Guardian Crown
  • Hope’s Crescent
  • Jar of Eyes
  • Life and Death
  • Mang
  • Mountain Crusher
  • Norbert’s Turnip
  • Ragereaver
  • Rope Dart
  • Secrets of the Crypt
  • Trickster’s Shot
  • Writhing Staff
  • Yasmine’s Pride

There you go. There are some other fun weapons to occasionally use, especially in events, like weapons that create gems based on troop types or kingdom. And there are some others that are fun but ultimately weak in the vast majority of situations, like Stoneflight, Night Dagger, and Garland Staff, and even Runic Blade in Arena, although there are much better weapons now than that, but it used to be one of the best.

Overall, a lot of weapons just do things better than others, simple as that. Any time you need to pick a weapon, ask yourself “Is there a weapon that could do what I want, but better?” If the answer is yes, you should be using that other weapon! If the answer is no, next ask yourself, “Could I accomplish the same thing this weapon does, but with a troop, in order for me to use a better weapon?” If the answer is yes, get a different troop, and get a better weapon! Third, you need to understand the weaknesses of some weapons and why it makes them suck. Let’s look at Spiked Manriki. While Monk is a godly class, the weapon is not. It LOOKS good, but it’s not.

First thing you see when you look at Spiked Manriki is that it does splash damage to TWO enemies! Woah! Amazing! Okay, so that means it deals full damage to two enemies, and half damage to four enemies, which means it deals full damage to four enemies, right? Well, sometimes. That only happens if you target the middle troop. If you target the first troop, you deal full damage to two targets (1st and 2nd) and half damage to three targets (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). There’s no troop above the 1st to take half damage.

Second, you can’t stun the first troop unless you target them, because the stun and bleed only go on the troops that get targeted. If you target the second troop, only the second and third troops get stunned. This only means you absolutely never want to target the last troop, because then you are literally only doing full damage to 1 target (instead of 2) and half damage to only 1 target (instead of 4). It does have some fun upgrades though: Entangling first enemy and creating a Lightstorm, and it is immune to Submerge. But that doesn’t make it a weapon you should use in, well, nearly any situation. It is a super fun weapon though, it just… aggravates me more than being useful.

2 Likes

Doomed Gavel.

Brilliant weapon, stun yellow, cleanse yellow, great base damage, Silence, yellow storm, drain, explode 4 gems with storm - good chance of going again. Awesome with Stormcaller splash/shock, every bit adds up.

I’ve cast it many times and it’s gone again full from explosions. It’s a targetable Infernus beater.

Stupendous with Shahbanu. The only thing that is irritating is the silence lands on the new first enemy, so a summoned troop picks it up.

Dancing Daggers, use it a bit, don’t overlook its knock back, it can be quite useful too. Can be situationally better than doomed weapons when waiting for alignment, stall effect.

Great vs Webspinner and stuff like that. That’s better than a lot of weapons can do.

1 Like

The logic going on here is that there are hella weapons lol. I’ll confess I didn’t vet some of the weapon categories as closely as others; it’s clear a few got through the cracks that shouldn’t have.

Let’s see here:

Doomed Gavel: Added (wasn’t released)

Plunder and Peril: Regardless of how good it is in a vacuum, if it’s totally obsolete in view of another class weapon, it can’t be recommended. I’m not hearing that there’s any reason to use it over the Skeleton Key. Are there alternative gold teams people are using with P&P? Being mana-blocked by Cedric is not a good thing.

Summer’s Wonder vs Fire Ruby Staff: You’re right, both should probably be left off. Summer’s Wonder’s statuses+doing true damage I thought might be a bit more compelling than Fire Ruby Staff on my first pass, but it is pretty underpowered, as you noted.

Runeforger: Damage stinks, but the explosions can range between 4-8 if properly supported. That’s above average for a weapon that also does damage. But it’s still probably too much work for too little payoff, not a terribly difficult cut.

Three Sisters and Orc King’s Club: There’s something to be said for being able to do targeted damage that you can cast without setup costs or board effects, like these two. Three Sisters in particular I’ve found useful, as a lot of teams can benefit from it’s ability to take blue without blocking other colors. It also boosts the team’s magic on kills, and self-cleanse on cast is always handy.

The same idea, having a decent-damage weapon that you can cast freely, applies to Orc King’s Club and Dancing Daggers, I guess. I could argue there are more teams that would benefit from covering blue mana than yellow or red, but that’s iffy. I’ll put Dancing Daggers back on that basis.

Also, I don’t get the praise for the dust storm on Dancing Daggers. I don’t think creating an off-color storm (or any storm, really) using a weapon where you’re guaranteed to lose the turn is particularly useful. It may be usable on, say, a TPK team, but not particularly reliable and something the opponent can definitely take advantage of before you can.

While everything Dawnbringer needs to craft is obtainable without too much trouble, and it’s still pretty good, I think this sentiment is important to keep in mind. It’s why I tried to be careful recommending event weapons, because anything costing diamonds had better be really good to justify spending that resource.

Lastly, I’m seeing a few people plug Black Manacles. What’s the niche for that weapon? It is kinda fast all-enemy damage, but that devour chance is exceptionally unreliable (it’s pretty good at hitting devour-immune troops), and the affixes are terrible.