What do you put on your hotdog?

I’m surprised there aren’t a bunch of Texans chiming in with Pico de Gallo! It’s delicious on hot dogs.

Crawfish etouffee from dat dog on Frenchman in new orleans. :drool:

3 Likes

Would you like a hot dog with those toppings? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Saw this and knew it would convert some of your anti-ketchup folks.

4 Likes

Lol im not an anti-ketchup guy but i would never condone putting it on waffles!

3 Likes

I enjoy getting “etiquette” about how to eat bleached pureéd discard animal parts on a bleached-flour “bun” covered in sugary pickles and what is known around the world as “fake mustard”. I mean if you’re going to dictate to the world what is and isn’t acceptable in food consumption, don’t do it with something in your hand that most food experts wouldn’t even consider food. Sweet lord…

1 Like

Food experts can pound sand… Hot dogs (when done right) are devine and essential to humanity.

Bleach and all

The crux of my comment spoke to this person dictating food etiquette to the world. While eating a hot dog. The irony of this is profound and worthy of mockery.

I generally have no sense of elitism for food, personally. My attitude is that people should eat and drink what they think tastes good. Everybody is different and entitled to their preferences.

I draw the line when somebody tells the world how to eat a hotdog or when to dip or not dip sushi. or anything else that is a matter of preference. So that was my mockery. No insult to people who like hot dogs, though I should not have said it that way.

I just ate a greasy slab of $1 pizza on the way home today. I’m not going to make a YT video telling people that they can’t eat it this way or that, or that this topping or that is not allowed per random “etiquette” I decide to dictate.

1 Like

I would never recommend dipping sushi in ketchup…

If you look again at my OP this threaf wasnt about “dictating etiquette” it was about finding out peoples preference

I know that. Everything I’ve said here is in relation to the etiquette link Delinquent posted. That’s all. I was only talking on how silly it looks to give comical hotdog etiquette. I think everybody should enjoy their preferences without shame. I also generally don’t think people should dictate how to eat any kind of food, as was done in the video. How insulting to say “if this is the food you are going to eat, here is how you must eat it” … the very opposite of the freedom to have and express personal food preference.

Hurk. Can you imagine how that would taste? I feel the need to rinse my mouth out just thinking about it lol :laughing:

1 Like

Virtually all foods are considered to have an optimal way of being served. Hot dogs are no exception. You can eat a burger with no bun or extras, and claim that’s great, but that doesn’t mean it’s the optimal approach.

2 Likes

It’s food. While there are technical and scientific aspects to preparing and presenting it well, the most enjoyable consumption thereof is entirely a matter of personal opinion :slight_smile:

If, for random example, I personally thought banana peels on pizza is the best, then they are (to me).

I’m not sure if we are agreeing with each other or not. That might be a cue it is bed time for this horse.

No one gets to decide for me (or anyone else for that matter) what is the “optimal” flavor combination of any food. Food is an art in many ways. And like art, there can be rules, and those rules can be broken. At the end of the day, all art is subjective.

5 Likes

It’s not though. There’s clearly good art and bad art.

1 Like

Nope. There is nothing clear about that. What is bad art to one person can be a masterpiece to another. When it comes to “fine art”, we can debate line, form, technique and composition. But, the value of art as a general category is completely subjective.

3 Likes

There is also clearly Good Ash and Bad Ash.

4 Likes

Not sure i see the connection…

1 Like

In the end there will always be someone that likes all types of smells include Puffy Pops and decade old cheeses.

I keep scrolling past this thread and reading it as “What do you put on your trashbag?”

2 Likes

Used up eggs and empty mayonaise bags. How about you?

1 Like