What are your thoughts on queen beetrix?

Playing pvp for just a moment right now I noticed I totally forgot about another counter - submerge.

Firstly, about Skeleton key. I had stopped using it long before the nerf because its power wasn’t holding up at the level I was at, but I have low level players in the guild who still use it bevause it’s still super powerful for low level players. The nerf just dropped its usage by a hundred levels or so. I also see it occasionally on pvp defence.

Secondly, you’re complaining about not having the best team anymore and it’s tedious building more teams but in the Elementalist thread you said about how only having one team is boring, want to make up your mind on that one?

Thirdly, yes submerge stops her from damaging you but also means you can’t attack or you’ll lose that submerge. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying she’s unbeatable - just that she’s arguably the strongest troop in the game and it wouldn’t exactly be hard to nerf her but keep her really good. They did it to gobtruffle, again with good success.

Fourthly, we’re going around in circles - having a few counters isn’t going to change the fact that I, and many others, have a team built specifically to deal with one troop. Your mind is never going to be changed because somehow you’ve apparently gotten away with never having bee be a problem.

1 Like

Good for you. :clap:t2::wink:

So I was just at that point, then. Does that make it any less valid? I wasn’t the only one hating the nerf, and I’m not the only one still hating it.

I have made up my mind, you just didn’t understand me completely so I’ll try to explain.

So, we have a task that is boring - farming for gold. There’s one really effective team. They take that away (or rather make it less effective for explore 12). Having to make another team that is less effective - annoying.

Now we have, say, pvp (or gw). There are different teams we can go up against. There is not one single team beating everything. We must come up with different strategies. Interesting.

Hope that cleared up the confusion.

The success of him being used less frequently. That may be what you consider success so I can hardly argue with that. I just don’t think it’s necessary for beetrix but we already established that we don’t agree here.

I had a team that was specifically anti goblins and one that was anti traits. I don’t use them much anymore because Elementalist helps me against the teams I needed these for.

Maybe you need to make up your mind. :wink:

Also, well, git gud? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just kidding, of course.

I’m not sure why you seem to encounter beetrix every second fight or something because why else would you be so annoyed? I actually just don’t encounter her that much.

The game is build on the need for strategies to beat certain modes or counter certain things. Can’t have it all, cool teams that are tough to beat and all troops, weapons, and classes being equally strong.

I’d pick other troops to be the most useful and strongest though beetrix is good.

But we already established that we both have different styles of play so we will likely never agree.

I just mentioned the counter for anyone else maybe having problems going against her, not to start another round of reiterating the same points. But I thought I’d clear up what I meant with the teams thing and why it’s different.

The gold point makes sense, it certainly was the fastest gold generator - although you didn’t make that point previously at all so being all “oh you just didn’t understand me” is a bit… Anyway…

As for your point about gobtruffle - I have seen him a lot in pvp post nerf, just because he isn’t one of the strongest troops in the game hasn’t made it so no one uses him anymore - what a shock! It’s almost like balancing troops doesn’t break them as long as you actually balance them.

Bee doesn’t really bother me much, I’m just helping the people who it does bother but stop arguing their side because it’s so hard to argue against “just get good, it isn’t that bad, stop trying to nerf anything that isn’t shit”

My overall view is that she’s annoying to face and is objectively too strong. It would be so easy to make her less strong while maintaining her at a high level of strength, but power gamers will always rage against the idea of balancing the strongest troops. I completely and utterly agree with everyone that says that the weakest troops should be buffed, I’d love to have more decent troops but I’d also love for the few ridiculous troops to be reigned in a little.

Having said that, we’ve said we’ll agree to disagree a few times and we’re circling a lot so I’ll be the first to bow out of this thread and unfollow the conversation. It’s been a fun debate and I hope you continue to rally for the weakest troops to be buffed - May the RNG be ever in your favour good person.

2 Likes

I thought it was clear what people used the skeleton key team for so I didn’t mention what the tedious situation was specifically because, you know, I thought that was obvious.

Sorry if it wasn’t. My bad.

I didn’t mean to insinuate that you were too dense to understand what I wrote.

Please keep in mind that English is my 2nd language, plus I sometimes use many words and still forget some details - that’s when my mind is already in the next part of the topic.

Just because people still use him doesn’t mean he doesn’t get used less often. That doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s a bad thing. But people moved over to something else for thr most part which is what will happen with most nerfs.

Snarky, snarky. :joy:

I didn’t say he was broken. But his nerf was also fairly mild.

I might be cynical but I don’t trust the devs to actually balance things properly. But if beetrix’ mana cost would be slightly increased, that wouldn’t be so terrible. :man_shrugging:

Funny that we’re both arguing about a troop that neither really bothers us nor that is our favorite troop. :joy:

I’m arguing for the people who a nerf would hurt because they don’t have that many troops yet, and beetrix is a really good overall option.

Git gud was a joke like I said. I won’t say that for real to anyone. I prefer giving ideas on how to counter stuff (if I can).

I look at it from the complete opposite side, not from going against her but from using her. And if course having stuff nerfed that’s good when you’re using it will suck, and of course people will usually argue against that unless it’s completely broken (which I just don’t think beetrix is, obviously).

There will always be people arguing either position, and that’s fine.

I have no idea what a power gamer is in your eyes - I don’t think I’m one. I’m not even arguing for myself here.

Well, I should have read it all before replying but I didn’t.

I would hope for weak troops to be buffed, and if I ever have an idea about what would make a troop better that doest wholly change it I’ll definitely post about it.

All the same to you, and see you in another thread (if you do still read that regardless).

1 Like

Hi @Asmodous and @sylverscale,

I have delete my post way to long and if it was going over Q Bee has it been correct, but that wasn’t so to make my point.
I really enjoy reading the posts of you both and from other people in this community, it really helps me to learn more over the game and think from different way over everything what is in game.
So I really hope to read more opinions, thread or topic of you both and everyone who want to share their opinion, game experience in this community :star_struck:

2 Likes

If she is on my team and I’m looping the enemy with her: I call her Queen Beetrix.

If she is on the other team and looping the hell out of me: I call her Queen Biatchtrix.

Just sayin’

1 Like

Love it. Always a Queen no matter what :grin:

The problem is, as soon as you nerf the strongest troops in the game, other troops become the strongest, so you will have to nerf them. That doesn’t end until every troop is equally bad.

I face QB all of the time, especially in pvp. I rarely lose to her teams, so either she is fine or I am Spartacus. heh

My go to pvp attack teams do not use her. (I do use her in some guild wars teams, when it fits.) My go to explore 12 team does not use her. My speed teams for mowing through the tedious stuff do not use her. Where I mainly use her are world events where she fits.

1 Like

Stupidly OP. Nuff said.