Welcome to Nimhain's Lair: May 21st

Yeah, that’s great, Eika. Don’t quit your day job to go into customer service.

By the way, I am gone. This week was finally it. The addition of Guild Wars is for players who are allowed to get more than three wins in a row before the AI decides to cheat a win, and I’m not one of those. The fact that the game keeps reporting losses in the middle of the match - a nice little surprise when you win the fight that the AI decided it already won - was the straw breaking the camel’s back.

Take your frog and shove it, Eika.

2 Likes

Yes, really, I can tell that when you say “no offense,” and then go out of your way to offend, that you intended to offend. “And yes, in this case offense was definitately intended.” [sic] So I was right. Go figure.

Man, I love how the devs have a forum full of sycophants willing to believe anything they say. No wonder this game keeps going around in circles… there’s nobody here willing to tell the truth.

1 Like

good! i can live with that!

1 Like

:laughing:
You’ve obviously not looked very hard then. There are about a thousand (give or take a few) topics here asking for troop nerfs or completely bashing GW. And I actually agree with a fair number of the points made in those topics…

1 Like

Let’s get this back on track. I’m personally quite glad to hear announcements in this style going forward, Nim – thanks for setting up dev notes that promise to have a regular cadence. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Agreed. I just hope that Famine is not nerfed into oblivion. It’s still a base mythic, so it should still be a good (or even dominant) troop after tomorrow…

1 Like

@Darque That is recall bias bro, rng does that but your brain cannot comprehend it.

Just kidding, the AI on console is off, absolutely, but have you noticed the AI acting differently over the last few days?

I have, its behaviour has changed.

It’s probably not, but one can dream…

My win rate is 95%, though plenty of loses are due to testing teams out. Not sure how someone could lose 33% of the time.

I like the look of the changes.

1 Like

@Nimhain I generally don’t like pinging people unless I think my post is going to get lost. And based on the activity above, I do.

Could you please look into releasing the ‘Merchants Blade’ on console.

Thanks

1 Like

Too late, Eika already convinced me to take my consumer dollar elsewhere, perhaps to one of the Bejeweled clones that isn’t an exercise in frustration. Thanks, Eika - more players ought to do the same.

@OriginalDW how many accounts do you have? 14? DW is everywhere…

Yes I agree that all manadrain troops will be caught in the crossfire. Making them obsolete too on defense. That’s why I hope they find another solution. Famine will share the same fate though imho. Useless.

Are you telling me no one is going to consider for example a dragon soul and a valk for starters in red when facing a double famine powered defense? And throw in a powerful red/blue to quickly clear the opponents board in a few turns? It will make Famine useless in defense.

Also, I’m not sure if that’s a bad thing. About every guild wars match revolves around mana/stats deprivation, death mark or devour. It’s getting old. If changes have to be made this harsh to shake things up, now that could be an interesting time. Untill the next meta has settled of course. Then everyone will play barriers. And troops that easily break barriers.

No that is not what i am saying at all. I am telling you that even this will not make Famine useless. In this red day scenario Famine will still fully drain 2 troops while dishing out anything between 50 and 100 damage, while its third trait keeps crippling the enemy top troop.
That is far from useless, i’d argue that is still among the most useful things any troop without some form of insta-kill does on defense.
And that is on red day and focusing on the two most potent troops with the mana shield trait. On the 5 other colour days you will struggle to field a team with more than one mana shield troop, that isn’t severly hindered or slowed down by it.

1 Like

Well famine mana gonna cost 22 no drama here

Im not sure about mana shield tought, that mean we can’t drain dragon soul with famine then he will keep doing his magic and refill famine quicker then before. It will be worst then it is already,

I think dragon soul is already strong enough with his 5x revive please don’t give him more power

1 Like

Impervious already does the same to many other tactics. I’d go as far as to say Impervious is why Famine defence is so prominent at all. Mana Drain and skill reduction are perhaps the only remaining effects that don’t get hard countered with no effort.

Passive immunity is a lazy solution.

Sudden death effects like Devour and Death Mark need to be conditional and not random. Immunity effects need to be conditional and not absolute. They’re two sides of the same coin in ignoring player skills and simply just work. Those are the things that need revision so other tactics can flourish.

Barrier is an example of a good immunity effect. Passive traits, especially a catch-all like Impervious, not so much.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Was thinking about the same things, but couldn’t put it into words so eloquently as you did.
This was all I got: Famine becomes Rock. Need paper, fast

1 Like

Like with any trait or status effect changes, we’re going to be reviewing all the troops that have them and make changes if necessary. This happened when we change Impervious, several troops lost it (like Dryad) to another trait.

5 Likes

Famine’s ‘nerf’ will not have any effect whatsoever @Nimhain
The reason is many people use exploding troops like gorgotha or ds with the bastard, so they often refill and cast again either next turn or usually straight away filling famine in two blasts and that ridiculously small increase will make no difference to an extremely powerful /over powered troop.
I expected the most powerful mythic to require the most mana. Bad move imo.

5 Likes