Welcome to Nimhain's Lair: May 21st

Bumping up the mana cost on Famine is only a penalty for those who use it for attack. It will not slow down the AI, because the AI just makes up whatever drops it needs.

And don’t bother telling me the computer doesn’t cheat. I’ll call you a liar right to your face.

1 Like

The computer does not cheat.

15 Likes

“The computer does not cheat.”

Liar.

As promised.

1 Like

haha, at least you did not kill me. :joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If mana shielded troops become immune to manadrain, Famine will become obsolete on most days of guild wars. At least in defense. The casting cost nerf will be irrelevant then. I sure hope they come up with a better solution.

Barriers change I like. And would really like to hear a statement about barrier and Deathmark. I used forest guardian today a lot in attack. And if you tell me it triggers only 10% on barriered troops I must have had a whole lot of bad RNG. One match I lost 2 troops after death match triggered on the first turn after being applied. Taking the barrier and armor along. Then it triggered again killing the same two troops the turn after. The match after, it took down barriers on 3 troops the first turn after appliance. Luckily one more turn was all I needed.

4 Likes

Just to clear things out: is your win ratio on Invade 0%? It’s pretty obvious from the above statement that the answer is “yes”, but still… it’s somehow difficult to believe :wink:

2 Likes

THIS! :relaxed:

The Dragon Cruncher, Chupacabra, Elf-Eater, Gob-Chomper and Sand Shark also damage and Devour. Do they Devour first like Kerberos?

No, my win ratio is stuck at about 66%, the same from level 1-1100, because the computer cheats to win every third game, like clockwork.

Yeah, I get that people are sensitive about the whole cheating thing. I just don’t care. I’m about to leave this game for good because of it, and I’m doubly offended by the response of “Dunning-Kreuger syndrome” as a defense for people who dare to state the plainly obvious: the AI cheats like mad.

You can nerf all the troops in the world. It will only ever penalize the attack player, never the AI.

1 Like

And Black Manacles (hero weapon) too. I’m pretty sure Manacles Devours first (like Kerb.), never played enough using/against those troops to have any idea, but from the wording of their spells my guess is they work the same way.

(citation needed)

3 Likes

Never played Gems of War?

@Darque But somehow this game STILL have you like a frog in a pocket. You forget to tell us how much you love this game since you are still around. :wink: If I one day figured out that the Al was cheating I do surely be gone. So you that believe in that stuff, why are you here??? (I will be surprised if you figure out a reply)

1 Like

That’s not evidence, that’s an anecdote – and a poor one at that. I can counter your anecdote with another. “The AI never cheats.” There, they’ve canceled each other out.

7 Likes

No offense intended, but if your winrate is consistently at 66% then you’re probably not using very good teams. There are several teams that easily get an over 90% winrate…
Maw-Mercy-Sheggra-Infernal King with double yellow banner for example is probably closer to 95%…

1 Like

I love how you guys just assume I must be a noob. I’m level 1100+. I’m in the Thieves’ Guild on XBox. I’m VIP 8.

But you guys have a thing going, obviously. I hope you guys get lots of in-game advantages for taking up the dev’s lame excuses.

Yes, Darkness, offense very clearly intended. And taken.

I love how you struggle to answer us. :joy::sweat_smile::laughing::smile:

Lets try again for a 2nd time:

@Darque But somehow this game STILL have you like a frog in a pocket. You forget to tell us how much you love this game since you are still around. :wink: If I one day figured out that the Al was cheating I do surely be gone. So you that believe in that stuff, why are you here??? (I will be surprised if you figure out a reply)

There are currently 9 mana shield troops in the game, and i dare say that almost half of them are not part of many peoples’ Guild War plans.
So i very much disagree with your assumption, and add to it that not only will Famine not be obsolete, it will deal better with such a possible change than other manadrain troops.

However i am opposed to this change for other reasons, as it eliminates manadrain as an option to deal with any of those 9 mana shield troops already in the game which is especially important for people having to rely on the 3rd world manadrainers and not Famine(who still could just oneshoot the manashielded troop with the mana he drains from the other troops).
Furthermore there might be a mana shielded troop introduced in the future that turns out to absolutely having to be countered with manadrain, in general this creates a lot of this trait can never be mixed with that kind of spell scenarios.

1 Like

Really? You can tell how I intend things on the internet? Wow, your observation skills on human interaction are on par with your great analysis of AI behavior…
And yes, in this case offense was definately intended.

The fact that you can’t differentiate between recall bias and real statistics after 1100+ levels of play is astounding… And yes, offense was again intended here…

1 Like