[Weekly Event] Let's help each other out

Of course you do. But what players want isn’t always what’s good for the game, or even good for the player, in the long run. If there’s one clear option that’s better than all the others, then they’ll complain that the other options aren’t worth it. But apparently they’ll complain if they have real choices to make too, with one option being good for one thing, and another option being better for something else.

2 Likes

Well…a couple of thoughts here.

They don’t “win” any extra stats by making the existing players play more explore mode.

I assume it helps with 2 things. It gives more rewards to those that enjoy explore. Just a way to give them some piece of the pie.

Also it helps cut down the rewards pvp players get. Because let’s be honest, pvp used to have it all. We’re rich!

1 Like

I’m so glad I have you here to look after me…

Trying to think how to participate in @Sidousai’s suggestion (which I applaud, and agree with btw) without jeopardising my PvP variety…

Perhaps just one or two undeads… let’s see what that does to my variety… if it means I just roll meta EK/Valk or BD teams constantly I may have to decline… or maybe one Remnant will do it…

thank you for this, ill set an undead def when i get home :slight_smile:

Just curious, is the Necromancer set as Undead provide an Event Gem? I’ll have it set in my D team, someone please let me know.

1 Like

Not currently according to early reports.

Well I’ll have it set for the remainder of the event so we can collect more data. And yes I’m positive I have the Undead perk chosen :wink:

2 Likes

Im curious too. I’ve also set my Hero as Undead Necromancer

@Sidousai and @Emos

If you click on the image Ogunther has in that post, you’ll see he only got 3 tokens, and in the other image it doesn’t have the hag token under my hero.

It does count for winning invades with an undead team for the 20 soul bonus. So its still that in battle bug with the Hero not counting as the race.

Well that’s a bit of a bummer! I have Undead Necromancer with :sunny: & :crescent_moon: in my team. May switch to Astral Spirit then…

yes but wasn’t there a time when they complained about red minor trait stones? Also my defence team is ghoulx2, sun weaver, summoner.

This is their official name now, in my book.

1 Like

An idea (or two) strikes me…

Issue: this week’s event incentivises people to stick Humans and Darkstone teams on defence - yes I am seeing more of them, or at least much more than the zero I would normally - however this works against PvP players who need to be out killing Undead troops this week.

(separate question of whether this an issue or not, or whether we are driving people to choose PvP or other modes - just bear with me for now)

Solutions:

1: simply make the Progress (killing stuff for Snotstones) event tie to the weekly theme events

and / or:

2: incentivise players to put out a matching PvP defence by allowing them to accrue Snotstones if their themed defence is invaded. e.g. gain 1 Snotstone for each defence loss with a matching team and 2 for each defence win… Or encourage them to have matching themed troops on defence by allowing: for each 4 Snotstones earned by players invading you, you earn 1 free Snotstone…

6 Likes

ive got another idea

Already done! Hopefully, the rest of my guild will do the same. :slight_smile:

The thing is that there’s a disconnect between the event troop being hunted and the chief troop types of the kingdom. If we got Forest of Thorns its a near guarantee we’d be hunting Fey, for instance.

longer shot i find the disconnect rather favortable, otherwise we would pay for the extra event points gain with extra time spent to beat those buffed troops as they would show up everywhere in pvp more commonly

3 Likes

You’re not supposed to be able to do it all at once. Think of events like quests in most rpgs. PvP is more like raiding. Events will make things useless vs the metagame less useless (human slayer?), and will encourage use of troops no one uses. Which is great, but it will probably suck when they have a week for certain types that already get overused.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of the community “working together” for the event. Grave Knight, Skeleton, Zombie, and Wraith are ready to fight!

1 Like

Perhaps… but I was rather hoping events would (primarily) create far greater variety in PvP, which (to me and many end-game players) is (1) where we spend our time (we need the gold for guild commitments) and (2) where the lack of variety is staggering sometimes (explore doesn’t need more variety, it’s very varied by its very nature!)

2 Likes