Week long raid boss?

There seems to be a week long raid boss coming on 13 of December. Is this normal when a new kingdom is introduced or what is this about? Does it differ somehow from the weekend one?

“Do what I do - become a dragon!”

1 Like

In the past the boss event always took a week, with higher requirements.
maybe they make the same boring recycling they have done with the weekend hero event.

2 Likes

Considering how long it has been since we had a new kingdom prior to Nexus? I don’t think we can make any statements about “normal” because there isn’t anything to compare it to in the modern paradigm. The game has simply evolved in too many ways since we last had week-long Boss events.

Based on my reading of the Upcoming Events page over at Taransworld, I think we’re getting a week-long Raidboss event. Which may not be such a wonderful thing considering the troops we’ll be restricted to. (Although, thank goodness, we probably won’t have a Hero Weapon restriction that sucks.)

But there are other Boss troops beyond Zuul’goth. If the developers wanted to get “creative”, we could have had a week where the battles to choose from included Zuul’goth, Skroll Reborn, Hatir Ascendent, et cetera. Or maybe variants of the troops from the daily Dungeon. Just for the sake of variety.

2 Likes

The good thing about Invasions instead of a World Event during a GW week is that we don’t have to mess around with medals. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It’s likely not a real Raid Boss, just like last week wasn’t a real Invasion. Think World Event that has a Godslayer in shop tiers and Zuul showing up on some fights.

2 Likes

Difference between nexus invasion (troop) week and boss week is, the invasion week had (in the spoiler) the label “world event” (and worked that way) but next is labeled as “boss raid”. May change of course…

1 Like

Now it shows in the guild menu as “portals opening in 3 days” and I see no world event starting, so it’s like you said or the WE is taking a break…

1 Like