"We understand that Delves are too difficult" so 90% of what we do is to make them more difficult instead of making them easier

is it also #exploitedbyplayers and #notplayedasintended ??

Wonā€™t let me quote, so I will just go straight to it.

That statement regarding that you think it was really easy and now we have a lot of help is well, Iā€™m not sure - odd?

The purpose of the changes to delves (kingdom bonus/hoard bonus) was to give ā€˜assistanceā€™ to the players to complete them. Remember they came at costs, the introduction of new currency (ies) deeds, gating by deeds and imperial deeds and increased gold costs. et al.

To change how a delve works to compensate for a change given to help is completely ridiculous.
Itā€™s like, well how can I put itā€¦ ā€˜Weā€™ve given you a bullet proof car windscreen, to help you, but now have made armour piercing bullets as a resultā€™.

There is no reason other than they have made it harder for those that have not completed it and that is not good form. It was not communicated.

You see, the game generates income by more people (using gems or cash) by buying potions to complete factions. If it didnā€™t this could be easily passed over as /shrug ok, PR is more difficult, but because of that and no explanation - you canā€™t form any other conclusion than people have in this thread and around guild chatter.

Furthermore it flies in the face of prior information from Devs about providing assistance for delves - like the analogy above ^^.

Iā€™m not going into whys and how easy or hard xxx delve is/are, thatā€™s irrelevant and Iā€™ve completed several faction 500 delves with not 1 potion. I can say they are not simple, it relies on luck more than skill, but thatā€™s a completely irrelevant argument to this.

6 Likes

I donā€™t get itā€¦ this is my first attempt at the new level 5 room. I finished this delve in 2-4 days of trying a while back with a non-potion fraction team. My hoard is 107 and kingdom that is only level 10 and no medals. I start with Dark Dryad/Alderfather/Dark Dryad/Alderfather. The key would be to have 3X medal of Cedric (IMHO) since this will be an entangled fight. I did upgrade my Trent for this run which was done standing on a train while commuting, thus I was not the most attentive.

The average tribute is actually about 13 so only 12 gems per tribute on average. And thatā€™s with maximum possible kingdom stars for every kingdom. Certainly not a ā€œconservative assumptionā€.

6 Likes

Then why did you call that out that publicly for the devs to see? :thinking:

Seriously though, they know exactly how much gem income everyone is producing. Gem income rates are a backbone currency of the original game that canā€™t easily be changed at this point without nuking the gameā€™s economy from outer space.

What the devs can do, is simply change the premium currency for major content going forward (such as third map content/modes in 5.0, leaving gems as a legacy premium currency for pre-5.0 content) or simply shifting to direct money transactions (similar to flash offers now).

This direction was alluded to on last nightā€™s PQ stream as being under consideration.

This is not a problem of delve getting more difficult.
this is a communication problem. Period.
As @Shimrra and @Mithran pointed out already, this has all the appearance of a (considered) small bug fix from a wrong map layout.
BUT this kind of bug should be noted in the known issue list and marked as addressed to let gamers know exactly OR stated explicitly in patch notes.
Another example of how the whole process desperately needs to be polished.

Other than this, thinking that the increase in difficult is voluntary to me looks hilarious.
Further thinking of that said increase is a compensation for the ā€œeasierā€ (lol) after patch delves is conspiracy theory.
Thenā€¦ why only Primal Rift? Crypt Keepers and Amanytrax have the same difficult level if not lowerā€¦

1 Like

I would be VERY surprised if Schu is not high VIP. I would be equally surprised if he/she doesnā€™t spend significant time playing. No issue with either but suggesting that delves are easy is nonsense. The negative nerfs intensify that. I would like to see you do eg warrens or stonesong eyrie with level 100 horde and any medal and Kingdom boost you want. Too many people promote vacuous self bravado whilst neglecting to mention the gold theyā€™ve sunk into the horde to triumph. Thatā€™s a major factor.

@Thevc im VIP, right, if the people dont put money in free to play game, probably you cant play. Do you work only for the glory or for the money too? You can look on youtube too, so many people did stonesong eyrie with level 100 horde. I can post you videos about this. And yes i play in average 2-3 hours for day (i have a good job). You want what i have, but you dont want spend time, this is really funny. It is like ā€œi want money but i dont want workā€ for the stonesong look this video Stonesong Eyrie Pure faction team @level 500 - YouTube

Delves are stupid and I hate them.

It takes too much fiddling with the UI to go through one, I wish they worked more like Quests. I especially hate that itā€™s completely in the open that to do maximum-difficulty Delves you are expected to buy potions for weekend events and spend way more hours on the game than I consider ethical to ask.

They stink. Iā€™d be happier if I could just pay $15 for half the renown.

When I played Magic: the Gathering I probably spent $1k/year on it. Itā€™s OK for a hobby to cost money. The difference between MtG and GoW is MtG has a very clear price tag, and GoW is still trying to suggest itā€™s a free game.

Atticus didnā€™t like liars, and I agree with Atticus.

2 Likes

I assure you I donā€™t ā€œwant what youā€™ve gotā€ as you put it. I expect value for money and quality in the things I spend my wages on and I donā€™t consider gems to qualify in either respect. My guess would be that the lvl 100 eyrie victory did so prior to the harpy clone bug (which appeared about the same time as infernal king went haywire) although itā€™s still a fine effort. If I buy something in a shop I can get a refund or swap it if itā€™s substandard or faulty. Or I just donā€™t buy if I feel I am being conned. Ninja nerfs rip us off constantly and thatā€™s why I will remain VIP 1 until things improve significantly.

Edit
I watched that video and I could not believe the lack of AI summoning or how lucky the player was with his own summons. It is never like that on xbox 1 I assure you. Iā€™ve had the final troop summon 2 harpies at once many times and one turn later they are back to full strength. Harpies are broken.

3 Likes

You are beginning to sound like me. Stop it. :frowning:

1 Like

Did anyone notice lower treasure rewards lately in delves? It feels like the chances to upgrade to the next treasure level are lower. I have every delve finished, but still do the weekly event.

The final chest levels feel lower than before and other guild members have noticed it too.

1 Like

Yes
BUT are you doing the Level 50 delve runs (which start at 0.5) rather than L500 (which start at 1)
(compared with the 2 that uncompleted delve levels getā€¦_)

I love the L50 option but the tradeoff for a more reasonable experience is a reduction in treasure

I would never do that because of the lower rewards. I was talking about lower level chests doing the weekly delve event completing all rooms. Not sure if there was some personal bias going on, or if others have felt the delve chest levels were lower, like a slight lower chance on the upgrades on room completion.

The last few days Iā€™ve had the opposite luck (including the faction event today): several nines, a few tens, and one that would have been an eleven if not for the ceiling on reward chests. I donā€™t think anything has changed, but your anecdote plus mine are far from conclusive.

2 Likes

The new delve will give a larger dataset to determine if there is something or just an RNG fluctuation. Their RNG is streaky after all.

Iā€™m leveling up Primal Rift right now. I like the choice of paths in this new layout, but sometimes the Legendary room backfires and causes you to lose a troop. So itā€™s nice to be able to avoid, for instance, a room that will shuffle your team, but it sucks that you have to go through a legendary room.

Right now Iā€™m at 2170 total: 420 completed (with no casulaties), and 410 with pure-faction, with a treasure hoard level of 119 (and Forest of Thorns is level 15).

For my normal team I use Obsidius, Infernus, Dawnbringer+Sunspear, King Bloodwood. I can lock everyone down with Stun+Entangle and bombard everyone with damage. Works great.

For the pure faction I use Green Golem, Alderfather, Redthorn, Dark Dryad ā€“ in that order. Didnā€™t lose a troop at 410. In the Boss room, I targeted the enemyā€™s Aldefather with my Dark Dryad to strip his armor, then target him with Redthorn. I keep Alderfather in second place because otherwise he gets color blocked (whereas Redthorn gets Blue and Dark Dryad gets Brown). Itā€™s important to keep the enemy Entangled and use Alderfatherā€™s ability whenever you can.

Gold rewards in the final chest are practically non existent now and if you do get one then itā€™s very likely to be a 20k. What makes this worse is the post 4.7 widespread gold nerf (eg pvp) and the fact that the chest rewards are replaced by eg chaos shards which we now get more of by sinking our dwindled gold stash into epic tasks. Subsequently ETS become increasingly unpalatable because they have little or nothing that anyone who can afford them actually benefits from. What logic promoted this strategy and then endeavoured to convince us that we were somehow better off? Itā€™s an insult to our intelligence.

1 Like

I trust youā€™re aware that you only need to beat it once at level 500 with the pure faction team to get all 500 renown points, right? Thereā€™s no real benefit of beating it before, besides getting slightly better bonuses from the pet

I am indeed aware of that Avathar, but I have learned my lesson before that some factions can be quite easy at lower levels and much more difficult at later levels. I did Mirrored Halls with potions at 310 pure faction but was unable to complete it at 500, so Iā€™m sitting at 2310 now. Conversely with City of Thieves, I did non-faction all the way to 500 with potions, then wasnā€™t able to complete it with pure faction (City of Thieves is the one where you almost need to get Cedric room to win).

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m just inching my way up through Primal Rift doing mostly non-faction runs and occasional Faction runs when it will get me pet increase, just in the event Iā€™m unable to finish it easily at the highest level.

2 Likes