Was this week's event supposed to be THIS hard?

That car is closing in it seems :open_mouth:

1 Like

8 Likes

Youā€™ve mistaken a side mirror for a rear view mirror. :wink:

2 Likes

12 Likes

Every time they limit it to one type it really is a failure - remember Nagas

1 Like

I believe you could use challenges for Nagas though.

1 Like

The Nagas were explore or PvP, and a bunch of players put up Naga defenses making farming easier. I donā€™t remember that event being too tough, although this one is painful since itā€™s so randomā€¦

3 Likes

Kinda agree hereā€¦ Why not make it explore a certain kingdom instead? or just explore in general.

Combined with the 20 bonus souls, itā€™s not a good week for doing events.
20 bonus souls? commonā€¦ If I do a challenge on Warlord 4 with souls armor on and some necroā€™s, I can make over 300 souls easy in one fight, and thatā€™s not even the best souls farming team out there.
I would have to do 15 PVP battles with a weaker team to get the same reward as 1 quick fight.

Double the souls in PVP would have had a much more fun impact, everyone would dive in with their soul farming teamsā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad I broke myself of the mental ā€œNEEDā€ to do these events.

Sure, I miss out on some nice gems and keys, but it feels so much better to just not care. The added events really added to the feeling of a forced grind for me.

12 Likes

This kind of apathy is exactly what Iā€™m talking about. Since the day Events were released people have been vacillating back and forth between ā€œIā€™m only going to do halfā€ and ā€œIā€™m not going to do them at allā€. Why spend the time and resources on Events if nobody is going to use them?

1 Like

This is the first ā€œchallengingā€ event as there is no way for the community to directly help or indirectly give aid. I think this comes down to the explore having too many troops to pull from with what seems like a sense of balancing to ensure you even fight enemies from that kingdom.

1 Like

Actually there have been plenty of such ā€˜explore onlyā€™ events. All of them just as irritating. Although there seem to be less of this troop type around, so ā€¦

i am exploring in zhulā€™kari which has reasonable amounts of elves for explore.

First one I went to was Silvergladeā€¦ it gave me Blade Dancer++ (i.e. 50% bigger -_-) and three Dragons from Dragonā€™s Claw.

Sort of not what I was expecting, didnā€™t bother.

Iā€™ve seen satyrs there too. Have also encountered all-raksha, all-mech, all-dragon teams. I donā€™t understand why that happens. At one point I checked all three kingdoms with elves and there was only one elf available between the three of them.

Seriously may be the first event I donā€™t finish (though I will certainly try). Btw this, guild wars delayed again, and the need to hoard keys for weeks for anything new/useful in endgame, the burnout is real

2 Likes

If they would only make it so you could do Pvp as well as explore, I would be happy.

I never do more than half because I donā€™t play THAT much And I donā€™t do annoying things like treasure hunt or explore specific kingdoms when I only heavily need blades (and I donā€™t explore unless I absolutely need to). I usually just pvp to max seals and if I have any time left, explore.

2 Likes

I posted above, but the way the explore battles are created is from the challenge and quest teams, with one random troop (from any kingdom) subbed in. I donā€™t want to give too much of a spoiler for the Silverglade quest line, but if youā€™ve done it, think about how many elves you fought against. Not defending the choice(s), just answering the ā€œI donā€™t understand whyā€ part of your comment.

5 Likes

Iā€™m reasonably certain that normal quest teams as a base wont make their way in the explore rotation. Very early on into explore, I do remember at least a few times where I got a team that I got some fairly anomalous teams that did not fit this profile, but these were very few and far between. I chalked this up to more troops randomly being swapped out, but it could have also been that explores were pulling from the ā€œoldā€ challenge table to get their initial team. Again, these were the exception and not the rule, as a great majority of the time Iā€™ve been able to correlate an explore team to ā€œchallenge team with one troop swappedā€. If they pulled from quests as well as challenges at an equal rate, there would be a huge amount more of base teams that could not be correlated with challenges.

Just did 15 explores in a row where the explore could be correlated to a specific challenge with one troop swapped. Two silverglade challenges are in fact nothing but dragons and a third also has zero elves. Looking at the challenges, Silverglade has 0/4/2/3/0/4/0 elves on their challenges. Zhulā€™Kari, in contrast, has 2/2/0/3/1/3/1 elves on their challenges. So Zhulā€™Kari has a higher chance of there being an elf somewhere in a given battle, while Silverglade will generally have 2 or 3 if it has any. If you are changing the difficulty to force an explore swap, Iā€™d recommend Silverglade. If you just want to grind it out, probably Zhulā€™Kari. Or whatever you need more stones in.

2 Likes

Elves are not dropping consistently for me at all. Restricting to Explore only is downright punitive. Around 30 explores, 33 snotgems. Iā€™ll probably stop at the third reward level.

I agree. The current implementation basically removes fun from the game for me. If I do them it is by accident only.

Iā€™m glad for botches like this weekā€™s as they can bring into focus underlying problems.

1 Like