[Investigating] War and Peace in Soulforge

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting War and Peace to not show up yet again in the Soulforge. It’s a progress reward everybody receives for free, nobody marginally familiar with the game would ever consider crafting it (or not feel royally ripped off after falling into this trap). Note that the last time this mistake happened it was deemed an “exception” for “this week” that would not happen again.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Ever since the first Khaziel week after event weapons were introduced in the Soulforge.

Steps to make it happen again
Configure game files incorrectly, promise to fix them, never bother to follow up on your promise.

Thankfully, by the time you get the forge unlocked would be a high enough level to have already earned it as it shows up much earlier in the questline and nobody will be wasting resources on it. But it does go against that quote you threw up and seems like an error in the forge. I think it wasn’t that long ago we had the epic cat b-hole error in the forge as well.

2 Likes

As much as I remember the error originally got introduced because the weapon is flagged as “event weapon” and there wasn’t anybody left of the original dev crew familiar with quest lines and their rewards. It even took ages to convince them that, yes, War and Peace is really a progress reward, they kept insisting it’s from an old event like all the others.

Mm, I realised this after making my comment in the weekly event thread. That being said,

1. It means there’s no point for it being in there for any new player, as to unlock the Soulforge they would have first had to finish the quests to receive War and Peace.

2. There’s a minute probability that a returning player who, having unlocked the Soulforge but perhaps never finishes the Khaziel quest block, might craft it to complete their collection perhaps. It would be nice if it was a watertight system.

3. Inconsistency/Accountability. It was said it would be in the Soulforge because it was being removed as a quest reward – otherwise it wouldn’t be in there. It wasn’t removed as a quest reward (unless you take a very liberal interpretation of the phrase).

4 Likes