Wand of stars, other 3 troops dead got 15 extra turns in PvP

FIX YOUR GAME.
Is it that hard to not ruin your own game?

In 350 fight on PvP in 6 days

Iv had 2 occurrences. Were IV all my troops
And the opposition with only wand has won.

It does happen, but it’s rare.

Even the fan gets the basket from across the court in a half time, million pound one throw challenge every now and then.

Just move on, not worth worrying about, till it happens constantly.

Unlucky RNG isn’t a bug.

I’ve sat there with my entire team intact, killed all but hero on the other team. And the WoS just keeps going and going…

Legitimately waited about 5 minutes for it to stop looping/not get a 4+ match and then finally killed the hero.

Annoying? Yes.

A bug? No.

6 Likes

Just to add, it’s worked in my favour to.

Iv had wand, against 3 Takshakas about 100 life each left.

And iv looped and looped, took skull matches and won.

So it actually works both ways, defo no bug.

1 Like

PvP: I used Leprechaun. Didn’t fill WoS in 1st. Filled it manually. Used it. Didn’t refill. Filled it manually again. Used it. Didn’t refill. Filled it manually once again. Used it. Didn’t refill. All the while using other troops in between and so did my opponent. Won the match.

Question: Why should WoS be nerfed?

Answer: It shouldn’t!

Everyone has other experiences, but that shouldn’t mean, many should get punished because a few say so. Simple. Case closed …

4 Likes

Necrocorn.
Copycat.
Detect-o-bot.

Annoying? Yes.
A bug? No – and at least those troops are easier to shut down.

1 Like

Im more annoyed that their wand gets better rng than mine. They rarely miss a 4 matcg

3 Likes

Has anybody been able to figure out just what the odds of a 4+ match from casting the Wand of Stars is? I know what a lot of us believe that number to be, but I was wondering if anybody has crunched the numbers and figured out the actual chance of an extra turn happening.

2 Likes

Trying to do a comprehensive mathematical calculation of that would be … extremely complicated, given how it depends specifically on board layout. A statistical aggregate (say, across 1,000 casts) would arguably be the more reliable measure, not to mention WAY easier to track.

I remember back with (pre nerf) Chalcedony I tried to start collecting my own data about how often (and how long) she looped, but I didn’t get near far enough to produce meaningful results.

1 Like

Not empirical mind you, but here’s my take on your chances.

There are 6 colors possible. We will pretend there are no storms active or anything else that prevents all colors from having the same drop rate.

Each Elemental Star is two colors. That’s 1 in 3 of it matching any one color on a side.
With four sides, that’s 4 chances to get at least one side matching.

All it takes is one match to explode a row and column. This explosion can trigger other tokens, such as other Elemental stars.