Wand of stars - cleanse and dispel work only sporadically

Android mobile, team members confirm problem, so not a platform or device issue

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The Wand Of Stars spell clearly states that the whole team will be cleansed (1st option) or the opposing team will be dispelled (2nd option).
This does sometimes not happen.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Difficult to say. What I can say is that it DOES happen. Today I put my team in situations where I could try out and observe closely. For example one of my troops was hit with Essence Of Evil. I use the Wand (elemental stars) and there is no cleanse. Next turn there is.

Steps to make it happen again
Took me just 5 games to observe the glitch. Feels like cleanse fails sometimes, dispel fails a lot. Submerged opponents will stay down though they have no protection from dispel.

First off, you got the terms wrong. Wand only blesses allies and curses enemies. Not cleanse and dispel.

You don’t understand how bless works. It first takes off the curse (in you eoe example) in one turn then it removes other negative effects in a second turn.

4 Likes

Curse will remove submerge for sure if they are not blessed. So you will need to observe more carefully in that scenario.

2 Likes

So to be clear. Cleanse and Bless Cancel each other out. If an ally is Blessed and they are hit with Curse, Bless goes away, nothing else happens. If an ally is Cursed and they are hit with Bless the Curse goes away and nothing else happens.

3 Likes

Sorry - are you saying the order of how using Bless happens in a single turn, or that using Bless takes two turns to clear all negative status effects if a curse is active?

1 Like

Takes two blesses to remove status effects while cursed.
First cast only removes curse.
Second cast blesses the target (by extension cleansing the troop)

3 Likes

What cairnso said and you are right. If you are cursed then one cast of bless will only remove curse.

2 Likes

The wand doesn’t cleanse. It blesses or curses. So you need to cast it twice on Elemental stars (The wand 1 effect) when you are cursed with another status effect.

1 Like

Thanks to all who replied! I’ll watch that wand carefully but probably it really was me not reading the manual … Ah well

1 Like

As far as the submerge goes, there’s a few troops that submerge when they take damage. If you cast wand to curse and it also blows up a skull, they will dispel the submerge from the curse effect from the wand and then submerge again straight away from the skull damage.

1 Like