Voice of lower strata

Thank you @Lyya and my question about dawnbringer was a legitimate question that i would still like the answer to

1 Like

Yea, it does require it along with some other resources as well.

Oh wait, are you asking if the weapon needs “extra” souls for leveling like a troop?

2 Likes

So you level dawnbringer like you would troops?

Precisely :sunglasses:

Ahh ok… I misunderstood your question. The answer is no then.

You just need 1.3 million souls plus other resources to unlock it.

2 Likes

Thank you @Ashasekayi!

Edit: it would be kinda cool tho to level up your weapons with souls!

2 Likes

Lastgrim, very well written post, couldn’t agree more.

This mirrors exactly the concerns of our casual guild. Nerfing the task rewards significantly for lower end players, reducing the pace of the game by looping teams mopping the floor with us, we feel significant setbacks in this game.

I hope more casual players will speak up as well so we can return to a stage where the game is more enjoyable and rewarding for starting players. Which will keep them in game long enough to become veteran ones :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am a casual player as well and i agree about taking gems away from tasks was a bad thing but i cant agree about this part of your post

I havent been looped to death yet… I see a lot of people complaining about this tho so it makes me think there is something there but i just havent seen it. I dont knoq if i am just that lucky(doubtful) or what but i still win 97-98% of my fights. In fact the only battle i have lost all week was the last GW today and it was due to game crash lol

This has been mentioned before, unfortunately, including by endgame players. While the rewards nerf has irritated/annoyed/angered a segment of high end players, it’s blatantly obvious to me that the newer players are going to suffer more. Less Gems and less Event Keys from standard guild tasks (the two biggest nerfs) means extending the amount of time it takes to fill out your troop collection, which encourages players toward the crafting system and its slow trickle of Diamonds (which I believe is by design).

I had more written here but decided to just summarize with the following statement: GoW now heavily pushes players, especially newer players, toward the cash shop and I am no longer financially supporting the game because of this.

6 Likes

The situation is even crazier for a specific Mythic in a Gem Chest. I believe it’s a .01% drop rate and there are 18 of them right now, so that’s roughly .0008% chance to get the mythic you want.

Crafting real nice.

1 Like

Very nicely put sir! +100 for crafting!

It was night in my country. And I just now could read the correspondence caused by my message. I
admit that I’m a little sorry that the Forge of Souls attracted more
interest (and I deliberately paid less attention to it) than the
unreasonable and not fair distribution of awards for players who are not
in the top ranks.
But these players are not worse. Their only problem is time. They came into play later and are now subjected to infringements.

2 Likes

Good post. And I add about the spirit of competition. on the arena I have 35534 rang and I understand that I can not be number 1. Whether it is worth trying if the target is not achievable with so many competitors. it may be worthwhile to divide all into smaller groups. and raise the best in the group on the basis of the results of the week giving a small one-time reward for the transfer. this will be an reason to move forward.

1 Like

I totally agreed with you. The rewards are horrible to beginners and there is nearly no competition between top to lower guilds. The game pretty much dominated by the top guilds. It is sad and I had complained many times. You are not alone because we are ALL ONE. Thank you for posting and I think 505 games should hear the PEOPLE out and make proper changes. Like the recent Soul Forge, there is no way to make 4000 diamonds in a week and the Mythic keep on changing, so it is more like a tease to players instead of getting them in hands for another example. Just my two cents.
Thank you so much for reading and please have a wonderful day! =)

I know my opinion on this will be unpopular, but I think players should be able to earn enough Diamonds in one month to be able to craft a Mythic without paying real money.

Here’s my reasoning. Please note that this really only applies to people who set a goal for themselves to collect all available troops.

There is a new Mythic released every month, and unless you have been with the game since forever, you are still going to be missing current Mythics to complete your collection. With the nerfs to Gems, it is considerably more likely that you may not obtain a new Mythic during its release week, and with the nerf to Event keys, it will be significantly harder to get a Mythic during an event week featuring its kingdom.

This leaves crafting as the major supplier of Mythic troops, and the fastest you can currently craft a Mythic without paying real money is 8 weeks. This means if you want a complete set of Mythics, you can’t miss a single new release because each missed new release adds another 8 weeks to your completion time.

Further, being able to craft every 8 weeks requires you to spend 350 Gems per week on “Gem Bounty” packs, which has its own impact. For VIPs, that’s 1400 Gems per month less that you’re able to spend on VIP chests. For all players, it severely cuts into the amount of Gem or Event chests you can buy, should you choose to buy them.

Again, the above only really applies if one of your game goals is to obtain all of the base Mythic troops, but I still think it’s worth mentioning.

That said, the crafting system has its definite upsides.

If you need just one more Arcane traitstone in a pinch to trait a troop you really want to use, and you have some Celestials, you can craft it.

In addition, even with how long it takes, it is nice to have a guaranteed way to secure a Mythic troop of your choice. Even if you are never able to fill out your collection unless something changes, at least you can take RNG out of the equation and prioritize a troop of your choice every two months.

Likewise, if you are missing a key Legendary troop for a PVP team, you can craft it (though I strongly urge folks to save their Diamonds for Mythics due to how slowly we are allowed to earn them).