VIP Rewards 3.1 edition

Won’t happen, IMO.

The very likely intention of the change was to restore VIP keys to their originally intended status, which was to reward players who invested real-life money into the game with better-than-average pulls (considering Gem keys as the average baseline here). So many free VIP pulls were happening pre-change, that players were simply expecting to get everything that was being released for free. Frankly, I’m surprised that the ability to purchase VIP keys with gems is still even being allowed.

VIP 5 grants players a huge boon in that it allows players to purchase VIP keys for gems. ← This right here is the entitlement for being VIP 5. VIP 5 does NOT grant any sort of expectation of being handed VIP keys for free.

It is a shame that the devs have taken far too long to address this issue that many posting here feel entitled to everything in the game for free because they are used to that. People need to get out of the mindset that they are going to be able to stockpile warehouses of resources freely to win every new unit in the game through sheer brute force for free.

But, in the spirit of the thread, if the devs were to start giving out a very small number of VIP keys as a thank you to very high spenders, then maybe 1 VIP key per week for levels 10, 15, and 20 cumulatively. And that would be on the high end of expectations of what the devs might be willing to offer on this matter.

2 Likes

I’m VIP 11, and I know I’ve spent over $1000 on this game, (best grand I’ve ever spent), but for the devs to nerf gems, when getting the daily deal for soulforge costs 50 gems, is a joke. What about GW? It costs 340 gems to max out everything. Only a lower level player will say, Well geez there’s many ways to get gems…Chests, Treasure Hunt, daily Tasks. In my guild we usually complete 40+ legendary tasks, we would receive enough gems in rewards to pay for those things…I could care less about VIP keys.

1 Like

I am VIP 10. Getting 2 glory keys a day makes me wanna cry.

2 Likes

I know this won’t seem like much but…here it goes how about a gem for each vip point daily. So I’m vip 3 so 3 gems daily and 90 a month. Many players are vip 5 or more so 5 a day 150 in a month. Hell they could make it 2 gems for every vip level past 5.

Sure, because spending $130 to get to VIP 5 and then spending another $130 PER VIP PULL makes sense. I wish I was made of that kind of money!

Are mythic troops really worth $650? Because that’s what Yasmine’s Chosen would have cost me if I had to buy all the pulls, and that doesn’t take into account all the Gem keys I spent before all those VIP pulls.

How much money exactly do you figure someone should have to spend on a monthly basis in order to “deserve” to keep up with current content? I’m genuinely curious.

The problem with guild wars now is its not competitive! If there was a way to knock off the number 1 team its gone now! Everyone not in top guild now do not max sentinels while the top guild does and I van already see the difference! The top guild is pulling away while everyone else is in a battle for 2nd! Last week before nerf there was at least 1 other guild in the mix til very end but not any more! If guild wars is supposed to be a free reward to the top guild they have accomplished that! Solution would be to get rid of sentinels and reduce gem rewards some for top 2 spots! my suggestion would be 1000 gems for 1st and 750 for 2nd and 500 for 3rd and down from there! There is zero chance to beat the top guild if they are taking sentinels to 5 while everyone does not! There was not much of a chance anyway and now its zip!

2 Likes

I wish I made that kind of money as well. It must be very nice to be a person who has that kind of disposable income.

Are mythics worth $650? That’s a valuation that varies from person to person. It was $650 to you. I threw the equivalent of nearly $500 and didn’t pull her. A guildmate of mine pulled 3 of her this week and posted the screenshot on our discord. That person surely values her a lot less than either of us.

And then there was the person in our litter sister guild that posted the screenshot in discord of pulling Yasmine on a 10 glory key pull from completing a Yellow task. The cost for that person was practically zero.

Therein lies the core problem in that with a RNG-based acquisition system, the “cost” to you for $650, my $500 and obtaining nothing, and all-but-zero are all perfectly valid outcomes. Sure, someone can collect data and find a statistical average cost in gems converted to the currency of one’s choice, but at the end of the day, that’s still an average. For some, it will cost more than the average, and others less, with no control over the actual cost until that mythic randomly shows up (or the person runs out of resources in the chase for it).

Personally, I think that the mythic crafting system (outside of Xathenos), is the pity system that people were asking for. In exchange for gating the crafting combine behind a slot time-drip of diamonds, a player can simply target the mythic that they want, if it is indeed that powerful.

And to that extent, how much does Yasmine really contribute to “keeping up with current content”? What content is out there that requires Yasmine to clear that could not be done so otherwise? What high-end PvP/GW matches are out there that absolutely require her to be on the team that could not be won with other units? I can’t think of any, personally. At least not yet, and I can’t fathom any new game modes coming in the very near future that would absolutely mandate her presence on a team to clear said content. Thus, Yasmine is a luxury and is not needed to keep up with current content.

How much do you believe that a slightly more powerful re-skin of a lower rarity unit is worth, if it is for collection purposes and is not absolutely needed to keep up with current content?

It’s not about “absolutely needed”. A lot of people who play this type of game enjoy collecting every available troop whether they plan to use it or not. It’s a goal of sorts. I am one of these people. There are 6 mythics in the game that I haven’t obtained yet (including the crafting-only one), and a new mythic is released monthly. If I manage to receive one mythic per month, my backlog will never shrink. Therefore, I need to find 1.x mythics per month in order to make progress towards my goal.

The problem with the Gem nerf, specifically regarding VIP players, is it severely cuts in to the ability to do just that. Every new release mythic I miss makes it that much harder to catch up. If I start falling steadily further behind, it’s only a matter of time before I stop playing.

Every player has their own goals for the game. As long as we feel like we’re making progress toward those goals, all is well. If we realize no matter what we do, we’re only falling further behind unless we pay stupid amounts of money…it’s a different story.

2 Likes

Why do they give you Glory Keys when you can get those yourself fighting… We are paying & supporting the game so why not receive VIP Keys for THE VIPs! I am relatively new to GOW but this is not right.

1 Like

You get gold keys when fighting not glory keys.

I know this is a very old thread (we’re on 3.3 now) and with little chance of implementing but i still heartly endorse this idea :blush:

At least one can hope.

1 Like

They seem to value VIP keys quite highly, I think it was something like $5 each. Handing out several VIP keys each day would probably cause someone in financials to blow a major artery when doing the math. For a single VIP key, the projected benefit over the next five years would be roughly $7500, assuming it’s collected each day. Since VIP is just supposed to be goodie on top, I’d expect you’d have to spend at least ten times that amount to be considered eligible.

I don’t even feel motivated by VIP 5, tbh. I feel like it exists as a prize for people who want to spend a lot of money up-front to rocket a character to the top.

But as a long time player who consistently pays $15-20 monthly I can see by the time I get to VIP 5 I’ll have already spent so many souls leveling my troops, the “start at level 5” is a joke. I’m not excited about VIP keys anymore. There’s really not a payoff for me and it makes me sad.

When I first played, VIP points looked like a way to reward people who consistently paid in. But the more I look at it, the more the rewards only seem relevant if you make early, very large purchases.

I feel like “slow, steady donations” are important to the game too, and I wish there was a reward track that made me want to keep going along that way after I get the next couple of mythics I need.

Personally, I think a VIP key @ 5 and 15 would be more than reasonable. That’d still net you 60 keys a month (or $300 shop value). It wouldn’t break their bank to allow this, and you’d have to sink in close to 5k to get that 2nd key, which most wouldn’t likely do, anyway, but a VIP key per day to go along with the chest access would be dope.

1 Like