VIP Chest...What do you pull?

Never heard Pepper or Spice? Neither did I 'til Wikipedia saith that such cryptographic condiments exist… lol

To return to the subject of chests proper:

Recap: Last week folks were getting traitstones at high frequency out of the VIP chests, rather than troops.

This week I am getting nothing but Runesmith at 100% frequency out of Event chests despite the enticing promise of Gorgotha (I just tried Event chests again today and-- you guessed it-- yet more Runesmith).

A month ago, @wargems also reported getting nothing but Berserker ad nauseum:

So either this console chest isn’t working correctly, or the troop displayed on the “You can win!” thumbnail is always what you’ll get, all the time, period.

And we’ve all wasted an enormous amount of gems to discover this little unfortunate fact. :dizzy_face:

While we’re pointing out unusual troop drop frequencies, I want to draw attention to the similarity of pulls I was getting from both my console and PC accounts. I have screenshots of Gem chests pulls taken minutes between each other, and they tended to be top heavy in these UR troops:

Black Beast ***
Blast Cannon
Chimera
Flame Cannon
Flesh Golem ***
Sacred Guardian
Spider Queen ***
War Sphinx ***

These are all from the original release version. That list also changed a bit over time; I used to get a lot of Lamia on console, and now not so much; I’m getting Stone Giant instead.

What’s weird for me here is that my first UR cards were 1. Flesh Golem, 2. Black Beast, and my last three URs to appear from the original release were X. Spider Queen, Y. War Sphinx, Z. Blade Dancer.

After that… I started getting spammed with Black Beasts and War Sphinxes in my chests. I didn’t think much of it until I noticed I was continually failing to get Centaur Scout (common). What could possibly connect these RNG incidences? Well… Perhaps somehow there’s an alphabetical list bias? Meaning that Black Beast is near the beginning of the list (as is “Berserker” in @wargems’ case) while War Sphinx was right at the end. So too we find Centaur Scout is the first of the common cards in an alphabetical listing of rarity. In the original 1.06 troop display list, Centaur Scout (the last common I received) was also placed in the lineup immediately before Keeper of Souls… which coincidentally was the first Legendary I ever received on console…

I realize this is all conjecture, but these coincidences are interesting. I can’t fathom a fair guess for what might even cause this. What, might there be something unusual about the salt value modification, associated with my console account from the start?