[Passed on] Valraven help article no longer accurate post 5.4

Platform, device version and operating system:
GoW’s support site

Screenshot or image:

Image taken from https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000137755-Valravens

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Before 5.4, the statement in the article about Valravens was true:

Kill the Valraven before they use the Spell “Feast and flee” and fly away and win the battle against the enemy to gain 2 extra Sigils. If you lose the battle the Valraven won’t drop any Sigils.

Now with 5.4, that isn’t true anymore. Even if you meet the criteria in the article (kill Valraven before they fly away and win the battle), you will not get the 2 sigils if that Valraven became a beast due to Lycanthropy. The devs are clear this is not a bug, but will be considered as a quality of life enhancement (reference: [NOT A BUG BUT INVESTIGATING] Lycanthropy - Valravens won't count as death, so you lose the sigils if it takes effect - #13 by Saltypatra). Until that happens, if it happens, this article is no longer accurate.

Thus, the statement on the help article should be updated to

Kill the Valraven before they use the Spell “Feast and flee” and fly away and win the battle against the enemy to gain 2 extra Sigils. If you lose the battle the Valraven won’t drop any Sigils. If the raven transforms due to Lycanthrophy the Valraven won’t drop any Sigils.

To clear any confusion, the article should also state that a standard transform is safe to do and can still result in sigils. Lycanthrophy is the exception.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time since 5.4 release.

Steps to make it happen again
Compare GoW support article with dev response.

16 Likes

Thanks for reporting this. Either Lycantrgopy-affected ravens should drop sigils, just as transformed ones do, or the help article should be updated.

4 Likes

Its a good thing they test new content.

Edit: In my line of work if we had the QA team they do people would die. Thank whichever God you worship they are developing a game and not something that actually matters.

4 Likes

Actually, from what I’ve heard, the quality-assurance team is currently nonexistent. Salty stated this herself, if my sources are to be trusted.

1 Like

Wait, what? Can you cite this? I’m curious, haven’t heard this before.

Someone sent it to me in a Discord message (not saying who since that’s against the rules). They either spoke with Salty themselves or it was stated publicly.

If you could ask them where they got their info, I’d love to know. If she did say it publicly, it’d be helpful to have the Twitch clip or post where it was stated.

I just sent that person a message asking them to come forward and clarify.

Until I get a response, you’ll have to wait.

1 Like

If I recall, QA is at 505. So they do have QA, just not in house.

In house QA is the best QA. Being at 505 could explain some of the issues. But, still better than none at all phew.

1 Like

@NerdieBirdie There you go.

Good to know. Thanks @Snooj !

Bumping this thread now that Lycanthropy is back. The Valraven article is incorrect, as Lycanthropy on Valraven does not result in sigils.

Either Lycanthropy is bugged, or the article is wrong.

2 Likes