Valhawks not giving monolith sigils

Platform, device version and operating system:
PS5

Screenshot or image:
Not possible

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I had 10 sigils and the game stated that valhawks would not appear until I used some. I wanted this, as I was using a GAP, and didn’t want valhawks appearing instead of gnomes. During the GAP, I played PvP, and two valhawks appeared (in 2 different battles), and I killed them. I didn’t check the rewards screen closely, as I was trying to move to the next battle, but I think it stated that they dropped monolith sigils. I finished the GAP, and checked the monolith buffs tab on the left, to find that I had not gotten any extra sigils, but was still on 10. I assumed it was a glitch (either the valhawks wouldn’t count towards my total or the sigil total hadn’t updated correctly), so later (after having quit the game and come back) I used 5 monolith sigils to gain a buff. I now see the box on the left states I have 2/3 encounters today, but the total has gone down to 5 (not 9, as it should be, given I should have earned 4 extra) meaning those GAP valhawks DID count towards my daily total, but DID NOT give me any monolith sigils as rewards.

For the record, in case anyone is thinking you can’t have more than 10, you definitely can, as I have beat a valhawk while owning 9 before, and it states I have 11.

There’s 2 bugs here. The valhawks shouldn’t have appeared when I already had enough sigils to block them, and they should have given me sigils for beating them (or not counted towards the daily limit).

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Unknown, presumably since last patch. Didn’t happen last vault weekend, as far as I recall.

Steps to make it happen again
Use a GAP while playing PvP, when you haven’t encountered all your valhawks. Possibly requires you to be at 10.

Update: I found the last valhawk and got 2 sigils from it (putting me at 7). I can’t find any more, so I have hit the 3/3 limit, but I’m still missing the 4 sigils I should have gotten.