Updated Mab in PvP graphs

I wish people would leave Mercy alone. I hate Maw as much as anybody but she’s a valuable piece of my all-Whitehelm lineup. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a shame Maw has made it clear just how strong she is. Empowered generator too stronk!

Again, out of interest, I tracked today’s PVP battles offered to me…

Slightly fewer Maws, this time, but Mercy was everywhere…

And still the Maw/Mercy combo in 40% of 3 trophy battles offered…

1 Like

At level 2XX I actually don’t see a lot of True Damage teams and about equal amounts of Maw/Mercy and Goblins. It’s very common for my Hard to be Maw/Mercy and my Med to be Goblins.

Usually the Med goblin team is all Epics, so I’ve taken to out-cheesing them with my all Legendaries Goblin team.

1 Like

The problem on mobile for me is that even if I wanted to use a different line up on D I would then have to reselect my offensive lineup. With the AI able to play all decks into oblivion unless it gets lucky I would much rather set my d team to my current flavor of offense. This often puts the maw and mercy up because of how fast the can be together.

It seems we need an enpowered counterspell for Mercy… :stuck_out_tongue:

The natural counter for mercy is simply having a mercy of your own. Once your mercy cast, the enemy mercy is useless.

The AI’s default move if there are no skulls to be matched is to cast Mercy’s spell, even if it does not generate a 4- or 5-match. So often you can just let the AI cast Mercy’s spell and just reap the benefits from it yourself with some easy yellow matches to fill up Maw.

I do hope Maw/Mercy gets nerfed soon, 'cause right now around 50% of the teams that I face have Maw/Mercy (usually accompanied by either IK, Bone Dragon, Sheggra or Moloch (or a pair of the 4 mentioned)), and I have to admit the current high level meta is getting boring pretty fast. I’m actually happy to see Goblins as an option to fight now… :frowning:

5 Likes

This is exactly how I’m finding things… Battling maws 50%-60% of the time… It’s doubly boring as I have to use maw/mercy to beat them and that also exposes me to the ghost troop bug (which caused my 5 losses so far this week, which were actually wins).

Nerf is such a pejorative word though… Sounds negative, when actually such minor balance tuning is a very positive step for the game…

1 Like

True… And adds up to meta being doubly dull… 60% of battles not only the enemy has this troop but I have to use it too…

I am still of the opinion that Mercy herself is only a minor annoyance, and easily dealt with. It’s Maw’s third trait that’s the real problem. You have to dance carefully around skull hits, which makes it possible for the enemy to even cast Mercy in the first place.

I don’t think Mercy needs adjusting. Mercy plus anyone but Maw is easily handled. It’s Maw that’s the problem.

4 Likes

Mercy’s the only gemchanger in the game that is Empowered, which strikes me as a bit too strong. Changing it to Fast would be better. Then at least you’d have to “work” a little to get it ready to cast.

As for Maw: The third trait is indeed the major issue here (the percentage should be 5-10%). Completely agree. However, 24 mana for devouring the opponents most dangerous troop is pretty cheap. It should be closer to 30, as devour is really a game-changer. And maybe it should be implemented that devouring won’t work on huge and big troops. That way you can actually put a tank in the first slot that is not in danger of being devoured by a lucky skull match.

Maybe this is all a bit much if you put it all together (Let’s nerf Maw and Mercy into oblivion… :wink: ) but I fear a really big nerf is the only way to stop the Maw/mercy meta right now. At least then we might be seeing some different teams again…

1 Like

Would love to know how sister went from 900 to 600 battles overnight.

I can get behind all of these changes. Maybe make devour 30 mana, take away the third trait for something else.

I also don’t think mercy needs a change.

1 Like

Sister had some battles from last event’s pvp which didn’t reset correctly. We corrected this today.

5 Likes

At risk of beating a dead horse, if size traits provide immunity to devouring, the Maw’s third trait can stay as-is. I think the third trait is much too closely tied to the Maw’s theme to be replaced with anything else.

It seems that those over a certain level are having some meta issues, this leads me to believe that maw/mercy is only good at a certain point. Maw’s third trait poses no problem when the enemy does not run the troop in most of defences. I do not need to look at the leader board too hard to notice 500+ using it on defence.

its still a little too easy to devour with the skull troops, maybe lower it to 10% as darkness said. I would cry at 5% though, meh could always experiment, lesser nerf first preferably.

Or at a certain power level.

My friend and I are around the same level. I only have the 4 magic kingdoms at Level 10, while my friend has every kingdom at Level 10.

Since 2.0 I never met any Maw/Mercy, Knight Coronet or Gorgotha teams. My friend? Encounters them constantly.

I don’t regret not upgrading my kingdoms. Seems like a wise decision. :smiley:

EDIT: Maybe it’s the Level 400 milestone that gives you those matchups? Because i’m level 390, but my friend is 420.

Highest level kingdoms are glory kingdoms at 9. So the rumor was true about level 10 kingdoms, good to know.