[Updated] December Event Calendar

Hey all,

Small delay on the calendar this month, as we had some bigger rescheduling of the Mynight Kingdom release – so it was better to wait till we locked in the new Kingdom date before we shared the event calendar.
So with that, let’s take a look at what’s to come in December!

18th – 31st: Holiday Event ‘Spirit of Giving’
19th – Jan 1st: Holiday Advent Calendar
Jan 8th – The new Campaign begins

Also, during December we will be releasing update 7.3: Battlegrounds! Keep an eye out for some more information on that, soon!

*While events are scheduled in advance, sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances the events may be swapped or changed last minute. So please be aware that when the schedule is shared, it is also subject to change.

Reminder: We have an article that covers what each of these different icons are, for the various events in Gems of War. As well as links further to a list of the Class, Faction and Kingdom shields!

15 Likes

It would have been nice if some events either had a fixed date or wouldn’t have been swapped around several times. Because I wanted to play the vault event, I had to swap some shifts at work, which usually are fix a few weeks before the new month starts. Now the event is on a different weekend and I’m not only not able to play then, but also have to work on XMAS (all of it) and NYE just because I tried to get some time off for this game …

4 Likes

Hopefully a release will take place before holiday season starts and your office gets abandoned.

Thx for the calendar (and the backdoor of “subject to change (last minute)”).
Surely you won’t change “everything”, which would make this whole calendar/news/announcement “obsolete”. At least a small bit of guidance is achieved andplanning can be done now.

6 Likes

They might end up in a situation where they have to change “everything”. Two things to keep in mind:

1.) The people who make the calendar aren’t the people who plan the events, and they probably have little influence on event planning.
2.) Mydnight introduces new functionality that requires a client update. Apparently the update was originally planned to drop tonight, they had to push it back to next week. If that still doesn’t work out, they’ll have to move Mydnight and related weekend events further back, which involves a lot of shuffling.

3 Likes

Haven’t you burned twice before this upcoming time?

I can’t for the life of me imagine giving up free time during Christmas and on New Years Eve just to be able to play vault.

Not to be rude, and it’s of course your decision and all, but that’s some dedication to vault. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Nice
Dont want this vault event on January 1 :woozy_face:

Just disappointed that Silverglade was chosen as a replacement - we had Silverglade just a few weeks ago? I am waiting for several other kingdoms that have not been around for a while - Pridelands, Zaejin, Blackhawk, Pan’s Vale, to name a few… I have missing weapons in those…

2 Likes

Thx for ruin christmas time with family and also new years eve weekend. :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2: Thats it, spending no more money from now on for this :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

silverglade was never a replacement, it was scheduled for Dec. 25th all the time, now switched around for the reasons Fourdottwoone already explained

2 Likes

At the risk of looking very stupid, I don’t understand what’s ruined for you. It doesn’t look like anything terribly important is going on December 25th or NYE…what am I missing?

4 Likes

Thanks for the calendar, Jeto! I appreciate the work that goes into making it.

2 Likes

Awesome. Anyone else besides me have a bad feeling about how this won’t work as planned? And of course it will happen after offices are closed for the holidays …

8 Likes

No updated december calendar now that Mydnight has been postponed?

Will be sharing the updated December later (hopefully) today, I was just missing some assets!

3 Likes

Are we gonna get new troop for Bright Forest or Spring Emissary will be offered again in the glory shop?

If you have every starry pet so far you can see in unowned which kingdoms they have skipped or not gotten to yet. Its like 5 n they repeated 1-2 instead. Thx for illuminating your own transgressions devs! Easy to see when you skip now for whatever dumb reason

1 Like

So far the skipped kingdoms are Sin of Maraj, Maugrim Woods, Sword’s Edge, Khaziel and Shentang.
The repeated kingdoms are Hellcrag, Stormheim and Silverglade.
The bugged ones from right after the update are Vulpacea and Khetar.
And judging by Taransworld spoilers we repeat Bright Forest, Vulpacea and Forest of Thorns in the next few weeks without any of the missing kingdoms in between.

During the month of December. The month that most Developers are more giving than any other month of the year. Your company gave us two Arena weekends out of 5.

I do not understand why you don’t want players playing your game.

It’s Christmas week, it doesn’t just have a second helping of the vastly unpopular Arena event, it also doesn’t introduce any new troop, weapon or pet in any of the other events, including the World event. Quite obviously the devs want to give us an entire week off to spend elsewhere as Christmas present, without fear of missing out on anything game related. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

They tried to do that last year with Krinklemess as well, but that wasn’t popular either.

Players, never happy, amirite? :rofl:

1 Like