Update 7.4 Sneak Peek!

Strange and powerful Monoliths have appeared and Troops are out for blood in the latest Gems of War update, 7.4 Pillars of Light, coming soon!

4 Likes

For easier access to the youtube.

12 Likes

oops thanks @Anam_Cara I’ve fixed the video in the first post
Also fixed my typo… always want to spell it “peak” after “sneak” oops.

3 Likes

Thank you for the preview, @Anam_Cara, @Kafka @Jetođź‘Ť

More timers, more buffs, new crows that the king of ravens will send into Krystara. Okay.

Is there any ETA on when this update will drop or just a rough estimate?

(I’m guessing early next month after NS catches up with other platforms)

Ok thanks for the update but no mentioning of GWs? Please tell me GWs will be fixed in 7.4

So an Update I don’t care for :laughing:

7 Likes

So, that’s what those monoliths we could target are for. More stuff to increase the workload and not fixing what is broken on 7.3.
Yay, they “answered” the feedback from players and changed cosmetic features, but no mention about mechanics complaints.
Thanks, but no thanks. More thing to ignore. “Give PVP a little love” but give players a little hate.

11 Likes

Let me guess you can buy more stuff for the battles with real money :rofl:

8 Likes

Guess I know what the new achievements will be for when this update releases.

Getting the max bonus from the monoliths and completing blood frenzy battles. I’ll do just enough to get the achievements then stop playing PvP again.

All my time in the game is basically focused on playing Explore hoping that I get a Mythic Mimic battle and then the 1 in a 1,000,000 chance of getting the stupid Horde Mimic troop. As its tied to an achievement, which should have never been a thing as its pure luck. Been grinding explore for 2 years now and barely see 1 horde mimic battle a month.

Its no wonder so many people quit playing the game after each update.

10 Likes

So, more PvP stuff, making it harder and giving more boosts to make it easier? Seems like you can only get three valhawk sigils a day, unless they each drop multiple sigils. If you can only get three, seems like you would have to wait and only do monoliths every other day to get level 5 in them.
Just feels like a push to work harder to get more VP, in order to compete more for the leaderboard spaces. Think I’ll end up playing PvP less, and just taking the goal rewards and stopping there. It’s just gonna be harder and harder to have a chance at any other rewards, so why bother?

8 Likes

11 Likes

I’m definitely whelmed. Underwhelmed? Overwhelmed? Who knows! Not much to care about until 7.5. The whole nothing to buy in the pvp shop for silver marks thing.

9 Likes

I understand this all too well :rage: :laughing:

2 Likes

Always love to see the teaser videos! Gets me excited!

With how I play, this is a net positive. Not only do Monoliths allow players to buff their grinding teams (activating armor bonus Monoliths to increase the efficacy of a Tesla sweep team, for example), but Blood Frenzy also incentivizes playing outside of Central Spire (which I haven’t done since soon after 7.3 dropped). I largely ignore going after silver marks - Central Spire is the fastest place to grind VP (since you can use all troops) and the silver mark pets don’t help my Central Spire grinding team. I’ve been fine with gathering silver marks slowly over time to eventually get those pets while focusing on getting enough VP to reach the top 3 of my bracket.

7.4 will mean players like me will have some incentive to play outside of Central Spire and mix up the formula, with the option of just sticking to Central Spire and using Monolith buffs if desired. Excited to see what else will be available with silver marks, too.

Sounds like 7.5 will be the big Alliance update with 8.0 being totally unknown for now. I’m excited!

Why are you wasting time on a mode the majority of people hate? Put in new modes not related to PVP or GW. Having to go to 6500 each week is terribly long, make it back to the 25ish battles before all the changes.

Player base will suffer even more now. Did not see a fix for Journey.

5 Likes

GW (at least on NS) is currently scheduled for next week, so… either the update drops VERY soon, or they’re going to have to cancel & reschedule it (again).

Hmm … another incremental update for PVP. So, I’m more interested in the minor release notes that will accompany the update itself…

1 Like

I have another QoL suggestion… now that the bonus battles indicator is shown within PvP regions on battle screen, how about showing us our total weekly VP score on the same screen somewhere? I totally hate having to go back to PvP goals or to leaderboards/ladders to see my current VP score. So many clicks back, and so many clicks again to do battles. It would help tons. Thank you in advance :wink:

15 Likes

only good thing implemented is the region bonus progress bar. only a few months too late. respect.

I can’t wait until we can finally exchange 50 silver marks each (or 20 gold marks each) for 1 minor water traitstone…
oh the wait is torture…

4 Likes

pvp update arrived early: server error :woozy_face:

3 Likes

I don’t care about pvp temporary buffs or silver marks.

Actual useful things:

Fair score for high level players

Fix the league ranking rewards, now it’s completely messed up.

More pvp troop selection rules, I am sick with giants orcs etc and I can’t believe this takes so long to fix, it’s literally a random number generator to choose from a list of options

And get GW back rather than spending time on this stuff.

Also, great, now PvP is already broken even before the update is out.

13 Likes