Unify verse 1-4 in to one kind

drop only one kind of verse and require 4 copies on crafting GaP. then, replace the existing verses into new kind of verse.

1 Like

Would be player friendly, but does not fit the gambling and addiction mechanics of mobile games. Youā€™ll never get this pitch through a development meeting.
If anything, theyā€™ll give each verse gnome an individual additional rare drop for a new feature.

3 Likes

The ā€œbetterā€ solution would be to add a fifth band gnome, call it a roadie, and make him drop blank verses that could be crafted into any of the others. Could even be more rare than the other 4, but it would at least make each individual trend toward even numbers of verses over a long enough time. Heck, they could even then sell roadie bait for some absurd price.

5 Likes

this gnome will steal %% chance of getting actually useful gnome and itā€™s recipe will be about ā€˜get 10 gnomes to craft 1 verseā€™ which is still nonsense, just like most of soulforge recipes

no the idea is it would be a 5-10% encounter that you can then make into whichever verse you want, 1:1 ratio, it would be rare, but very useful. Meaning it would ALWAYS be the gnome you have the least amount of verses for.

I like that 5th gnome, but can we call them ā€œGroupieā€ instead? :rofl:

:heart: Anam Cara :heart:

1 Like

I donā€™t mind that there are 4 different Treasure Gnomes, but I too would like some manner of NOT winding up with a shortage of a specific verse (verse 3 in my case).

Hereā€™s an idea:

• In the Soulforge, add a generic ā€œGnome Verseā€ recipe (icon includes a question mark).
  • This recipe is always for the specific Verse you have the fewest amount of, and requires (say) 2 copies of each other Verse. (For example, if you have a shortage of Verse 3 as I do, this will craft a Verse 3 but consume 2 each of Verse 1, 2, and 4.)
  • Naturally, it has to be designed to accommodate edge cases, such as having two or more verses with the same lowest amount. A simple rule could be that this recipe only appears when you have ONE verse that is at least 2 below every other verse in your collection. So if youā€™re sitting on a handful of, say 1-0-3-4 verses it wonā€™t appear, but if you have 2-0-3-4, it will.

Alternatively: This gnome always drops whatever verse you have the lowest quantity of?

1 Like

it would most likely be easier, programming-wise, to just add another gnome into the pool, and add 4 more crafting recipes to the soulforge. Forcing the game to read player inventories could introduce other issues that we donā€™t want to have to deal with (especially with the devs track record).

• replace old 4 verses to new 1 (add the number together and delete them, send new verse to players by mail)
  • keep 4 verse gnomes, but they only drop new one
  • modify the GaP recipe to new one
    it is simple idea, dont have to add extra gnome to dilute the drop rate.

but i think dev would prefer your idea - 5th verse and gnome (like white pet food), make it look more complicated. so that players require more strategy (5th verse can craft any other verse with certain amount) and have to farm harder (diluted encounter rate).