Unfair Treatment?

It shows. Gotta say I don’t envy you. It takes a special breed to handle what you do day in and day out. This community is huge with a lot of backgrounds, motivations, opinions that we’re passionate about, most of which don’t tend to overlap.

What I do daily can also be trying and run one ragged, but typically all it takes is that tiny little bit of appreciation or the joy you bring to 1 person to make it all feel worth it (most days). I hope you get enough satisfaction out of your job to make it worthwhile as well.

Kudos to you for your efforts.

9 Likes

At the end of the day some will see a need to cheat and there isn’t much that can be done about it…can’t police everyone…hopefully if it goes on someone in the guild doing the cheating will come forward and report it so it can be taken care of…I find it hard to believe that there is 30 dishonest people in a guild that will look the other way just for a few more gems unless they don’t think what they are doing is cheating, possible I guess…

Long story short.
Don’t be a dick. And if you are a dick, don’t be bigger dick than the other dicks… Otherwis you’ll get “perma-banned”.

Seems simple enough.

1 Like

Thank you Salty for that explanation.
I’m still amazed by how few people get banned in this forum. I’m not saying that it was unfair to perma-ban vangor, just that everyday I read posts that, IMO, deserve at least a 24h ban. Maybe other forums that I regularly follow are moderated by people that are a lot more easily triggered.

1 Like

I don’t need to say anything because @Sheba said everything I was going to.

2 Likes

I know it may seem like it, but I wasn’t suggesting T2 was the only reason the user was banned. I’m more than aware they’ve pressed many buttons on these forums and I’m not afraid to admit I have flagged at least one of their posts in the past.
I was more trying to figure out why the two threads went in such different directions and whether the reputation of a certain someone went against them which could have lead to this.

That being said I do appreciate you taking the time to read this and get back to not only myself, but every one else. I received PMs about this thread not only agreeing with what I said, but also thanking me for starting the thread. So on their behalf and my own, I thank you.

11 Likes

Necro… Oh well.

After seeing more callouts happening since I made this thread and no new bans (that I’m aware of) I guess the answer to my question was a resounding yes.

As you were.

5 Likes

It’s kinda telling that one’s personal vendetta gets turned into post-hoc justification as to why someone was banned when others can get away with making the exact same threads that said person was banned for—might as well turn in the facade of impartiality at that point instead of carrying on the farce :roll_eyes:

7 Likes