Unexpected side-effect of Russian network problems

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Platform, device version and operating system
Windows 10 x64

Screenshot or image
Not needed

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
It seems, GoW uses different servers for it’s requests. And some of them are banned in Russia, so unexpected time-outs/fails/bugs occurs.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
For some surprising reason, now problems exactly fit old “unresponsive” interface problems pattern. I.e. before Russian mega-ban happened, I experienced smooth gameplay first ten minutes or so, then long delays between network responses when I accessed rewards, Guild, etc. Now I experience time-outs/errors in the exactly same situations.

I re-iterate: game mostly works perfect from the start. I even sometimes able to made one-two battles. After that it’s became buggy. Russia is the reason of bug. (I know it, as Ukrainian/Sweden/UK proxy totally resolves the problem). But can it be fixed some other way? Like, tie me to working server all the time, not only after start?

Steps to make it happen again

1. Live in Russia.
  2. Start GoW.
  3. Amaze about speed and responsive interface first ten minutes.
  4. Experience time-out and SSL-problems all time after that. :frowning:

@cyrup shared this message a couple of weeks agi:

"If you’re playing from Russia some recent political movements may affect your ability to connect to the game and play Gems of War. If you are affected by this issue you may receive a connection or server error when attempting to open or load the game.

Recently, the Russian government blocked a collateral amount of ISPs and communication services in an effort to stop the messaging app Telegram from use. There were concerns over the safety of the app and its link to terrorism. In doing so, the government inadvertently blacklisted access to Google, Amazon and millions of other IP addresses widely used across the country.

These changes have been made by the Roskomnadzor—Russia’s Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media. As this affects the law and order of Russia and the decision is in the hands of the government, at this stage we are restricted in our ability to assist players with connection issues from Russians attempting to play Gems of War. Some of our servers are hosted by Amazon and other IP Addresses that are blacklisted by the government, so we have no timeline of when this issue will blow over or if we have the power to move our hosting so that Russians can play. Additionally, the full extent of how many users this affects is not clear, and it it may not be affecting all players.

We’re really sorry that this has occurred and that we can’t immediately help you get back into the game. We’ll continue to update you here if we learn more."

As of now there hasn’t been any updates :(. So sorry you guys are having to go through this!

Um, I know it, Elarcadia, thank you for reminder. :slight_smile:

Question is: it works, always, for first ten minutes after game start. And it even works after, but much worse. Just if I connected to some fast server initially, and then it replaced with old error-prone one.

It cannot be RKN - they don’t spy my connections, I believe, and if it was the case, I wouldn’t be able to connect at all. Then it must be some internal policy to change servers - and it obviously fails for Russia, because some of this servers inaccessible.

So question, really, is if it’s possible to stick me with one server for whole session - or made some other change that would allow me to “stay tuned” indefinitely? :slight_smile: