Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Understanding Reward Multipliers

Hi folks,

I’m trying to understand the way that reward (gold, soul, xp) multipliers work in this game. I wonder if anyone can lend me a hand.

I’ve got Spider Armour on, so I get +50% gold. From somewhere (?) I appear to be getting an extra 25%, because the numbers under my portrait on the main map say 175% gold, if the last fight I had was on Normal difficulty. Going up to Hard says Bonus Gold +10%, and popping back out to the map changes my multiplier to 185%, so the percentages from difficulty add to the others instead of multiplying. Going up another difficulty step follows the same pattern. All good and understandable (apart from where the extra 25% comes from. Guild somehow? None of the statues seem to do it…)

But then the numbers don’t seem to match up. I collect 99 gold in a match, my multiplier is 175%, I get 193 gold at the end. 193 / 99 =~ 195%. I collect 98 gold in a match, my multiplier is 185%, I get 203 gold at the end. 203 / 98 =~ 207%. I collect 100 gold in a match, my multiplier is 200%, I get 220 gold at the end. Seems like I’m getting an extra 20% at every level?

Not complaining; just trying to understand how it all works. Anyone know?

Are you a VIP?

Of some sort? But low-level I think. Not really sure how to tell.

There should be a Green Shield next to your Hero’s XP bar on the world map that looks like this:

VIP Location

The number inside it is your VIP level.

1 Like

I guess I’m level 2 then. Does that impart a bonus of some sort? Can I tell what that is somehow?

Bottom right of map screen: "Shop"
Bottom right of shop screen: “VIP”

1 Like

I believe you get a base amount of 10 gold for a victory in addition to the gold you collect in the match. This works with your numbers.

1 Like

Thanks guys. So for posterity’s sake: the extra 25% on my reported gold multiplier appears to come from my VIP level of 2. If there is also a base invisible reward of 10 gold, before or after the multiplier… that still doesn’t quite add up right. I grabbed another random example: 100 gold with a multiplier of 225% nets me 232 gold. 232 / 100 = 232%, 222 / 100 = 222%, and 232 / 110 = 211%

Interestingly, I don’t get the same difference for souls. I collected 60 souls from a match with a 225% soul multiplier listed, and got back exactly what you’d expect: 153 souls.

are you in a guild? Purple statue gives a multiplier as well

Places that add multipliers - Armor, Guild, VIP, Troop

I am in a guild, but our purple statue says it’s giving me a souls multiplier, not gold. None of the other statues mention a gold multiplier either.