Understanding Magic Bonus - missing +1?

Hello, I am new to the game and trying to understand how my bonus magic is being applied to my weapon, I feel like I am missing a +1.

Under Kingdom bonuses, I have +3 to magic. When I equip an weapon, I am only seeing +2 magic applied. For instance, I am using the Hammer of Urskaya, which shows magic at 14 and damage at 22. When I battle, it shows 16 magic and 24 damage. Shouldn’t it be 17 magic and 25 damage? I have switched weapons and battled in different areas making sure there hasn’t been any spells cast, and it’s always just +2.

Thank you for reading this and helping!

1 Like

When you equip or look at a Weapon in the Troops menu, the +3 bonus to Magic you receive from your kingdoms will already be applied/showing.

When you enter a battle, that’s when traits or talents trigger that might further boost your Hero’s stats.

What class were you using? My guess is that you have a Talent selected that gives +2 to a certain Weapon type (Hammers, in this case) or similar.

Thank you, Jonathan. I wasn’t aware the magic bonus was already applied. You are correct, I am using Warlord and had +2 to all skills selected.

Appreciate your response!

2 Likes