Underspire - ZHUL'KHARI teams

[1544,6555,6735,7401,3075,1,1,1,1,2,1,2,14009]

A straightforward true damage team this week with the muti-talented Arachnean Weaver :heart:

Using Orbweaver class is giving me +30 magic just for 4 unique Zhul’khari troops (King of Spiders & Kingdom Team V) plus all the other magic bonuses so worth it for the extra damage oomph.

In the later stages use Arachnataur first to bring the enemy in to Arachnean Weaver’s range.

This is a very fast team which easily beats E12 in all kingdoms so will be good to the final boss.

(I own more than one Arach Weaver but I found the two support troops worked better than 2x Arach during testing.)

5 Likes

Leaping spider seems like a strange choice. I get it… it’s a blue troop. but the banner is -blue and Leaping Spider isn’t doing anything significant… It’s also only a Beast so you’re losing the 4th elf for +12 Life.

Surely there has to be a better troop…

I think you should try it before you criticise.
I spend a lot of time testing my teams before posting.
The actual point of Leaping Spider is that it is very useful, has true damage, fills very quickly and is in sync with a TRUE DAMAGE team.

This is supposed to be where you post good team suggestions not slag them off.

Where’s yours ?

3 Likes

I think he is just trying to figure out why you chose that troop, not criticize.

2 Likes

I did try the team just now. The entire team does plenty of damage due to the kingdom providing a significant amount of magic.

I also tried Leaping Spider plenty when it was the Bounty troop for that event. I was never impressed with it hitting a random target, even if it is true damage. I may want to focus fire a single target so Arach Weaver can explode gems on a kill, but Leaping Spider may not help with that.

I’m not slagging the team off at all.

This kingdom has a lot of opportunities for a variety of troops including some troops capable of fast empowered starts.

There are other troops like Giant Spider that can force feed purples into Arach Weaver so you can hit 2 targets more often.

This kingdom also has Webspinner and Devourer for really fast frontal kills with 2/3x skull damage.

There’s even Shadowblade, which is also a Blue troop that hits randomly with True Damage like Leaping Spider for slightly less damage, but only costs 9 mana and also has a chance to get a lot of his own mana back while being an Elf for life bonuses.

So if saying Leaping Spider seems like a strange choice, sorry? There’s always a lot of room for adjustments and I’m never going to get everything right. I’m not even telling you any specific troop is mandatory. But if questioning Leaping Spider is enough to call it slagging off a team, then your picks are always perfect.

I repeat, I didn’t say the team was bad. But hey, Leaping Spider all the way, go for it. Nothing else matters.

I’m even in agreement that 2 Arach Weavers isn’t worth it since you’d lose the extra magic bonus from the kingdom.

2 Likes

Great teams thanks! My big question was green or purple and i ended up going for green…

Webspinner
Watcher’s blade (orbweaver with green storm)
Arachnean weaver
Malcandessa

Lively and deadly. Fast and works well in explore 12.

2 Likes

Webspinner
Matron Velenne
Watcher’s Blade (Orbweaver)
Mandragora
Spider Banner (+2 green / +1 purple / -1 red)

Webspinner as primary damage dealer, both with skulls and with its’ spell.

I selected Velenne for her third trait, to ensure that enemy troops can be realiably Webbed, both for defensive purposes (by reducing their Magic to 0) and offensive purposes (to ensure Webspinner’s excess skull damage). She can also serve as a sniper spellcaster, but I view that as a low-priority option, either to finish a particular troop or to “pass” a turn.

Hero as exploder/summoner, but also for the useful traits – Root Trap and Rising Shadows in particular.

So why Mandragora? I felt that was the “best” option amongst Brown troops, which was the one mana color left uncovered after selecting my first three. The traits do provide a little extra help, and there is some additional spellcasting firepower, but this is the troop most easily replaced if a player’s preference dictates.

3 Likes

Webspinner webs on a skull hit, so there’s no need for the troop to be webbed beforehand for it to do massive skull damage. That’s why it’s used so frequently.

1 Like

I get it though, Velenne also has a curse option for the few times there are impervious troops, to help Webspinner.

@CaptainBuckles : You’re right, but as @TheIdleOne points out, there are troops that are Impervious, or even some lesser versions of that such as Slippery and Dark Ancestry. Velenne helps with those.

Also, Velenne isn’t restricted to webbing just the first troop. She (and Mandragora) will probably Web the other stuff as you go along, boosting Mandragora’s damage (for what that’s worth) and providing your team defensive help against enemies much deeper in the Underspire that are going to get opportunities to cast given their health pools. Defense matters, too.

1 Like

Watchers Blade - Orb
Mandragora
Malcandesa
The Spider Throne
2G 1P -Bl

1 Like