Underspire - the last key - where?

I had 2 days to find the last key. I bought all lantern I could, but didn’t ever find the last key.
I only lost the last game when had given up to find the key.
How can that happens?

1 Like

try one of those 2

2 Likes

Too late. I won’t spend any time , gems or money at that game ever. Two days for one key shouldn’t be necessary
I used 53 battles after the 5. key without finding annything. I had cleared 147 rooms

4 Likes

Looking at the map, there are 3 “branches” that are unexplored. However, I fully support your decision to say enough is enough. I won’t go through the mathematical headache of figuring out just how many torches/lanterns/gems are needed, just for the last key and only say:
It’s. Too.Many.
Not one Boss room is worth that layout, and I’ve got 30k plus gems to draw from.
This mode (like others in this game) falls under the saying…
The Juice Is Not Worth The Squeeze.

4 Likes

If this works every time, then there will be a urgent patch to “fix it” and makes the underspire completely random. Just like dungeons. Hope I’m wrong.

Dungeon wasn’t random because of a bug, from the information given to us, also it make look like they were rigged to make some of us lose the perfect run everyday so they fixed. All that research made them look like liars, I think they had no choice. The information in the video make them look bad in any way?

1 Like

Look bad? No. But gives an edge to make the run faster and possibly spend less torches.

Also, from the Underspire release notes:

"Underspire Maps will be unique to a player so everyone will have a different map each week.

However, all players will have important locations of similar distance (there is a randomness to the distance but it is balanced to be as close as possible for all players)."

So, there is a statement that may contradict this rule of 6/7. If the distance between main events are fixed, there is no randomness, therefore, they may consider an examination on the code and possible adjustment.

What is said in the notes still true, the video only points out the rules common to every map, even if there are randomness, it doesn’t mean that everything have to be chaotic, it still follows some rules in the creation of the map, for instance and they didn’t say anything about being random, it was about being unique, it is unique, even following those rules. If you are not sure about the information in the video being true, check if the gates are 7 rooms apart in your map.

I’m not arguing about the video, about the rule of 6/7. I’m just interpreting this info relating it with what the release notes said. “Randomnes” and “Similar distances” together maybe means that for some it would be 6 rooms, others 7, others 8, but the average distance would stay 7. This makes the statement true. Saying that it’s 100% of the time 7, there is no randomness. The only lucky in effect would be choosing the wrong branch. With this certainty, there won’t be any more cases like some already shown that a player went 10-12 fights on an endless corridor to get to a dead end. As soon as he hit 6-7 and no door or 5-6 and no boss, it’s certain the wrong path. This creates a positive way for players to make the path faster. Otherwise, players would hit the 7 fight mark and consider if there would be an 8th or it’s the wrong path. And with the history of Devs wanting to maximize profit, they MAY consider this wrong. I’m being pessimistic for sure, and want to be wrong. But I’ll won’t be surprised if something changes in the future.

If you are talking about their actions, if they’re going to change it just because we know more, that not only will make them look bad for us, it will also will make us stop playing this mode because will be just like the original poster. More information about it will make people play more, and if they change it, it could make this update be even worse, if that’s possible.

Well, they already look bad for us. More won’t change much.

It’s already happening…

That’s one of the main issues. They disregard many of our acomplishments in turning this game more enjoyable. More information that we can create a pattern, may disrupt the status quo.

But if they already look bad, why we’re still throwing money into this game? Why we’re still talking, the game should be dead.

I know you are trying to help and you have good intention, but unfortunately, we should be very careful when posting anything that helps us in this game in the forum. Similar to Dungeon doors.

Hazard Video is great help and I really appreciate his contribution to the GOW Community.
Thank you @RootsSeed

4 Likes

There was a discussion when Hazard was about to post the video, he asked people if he should post it, he said something like the information that we know will reach them sooner or later because others youtuber will do videos about it when the information reach them. That’s really how we should be going from now on? Hiding things from them so they won’t take it from us, like we did something wrong?

We didn’t do anything wrong and we shouldn’t feel bad about trying to help others. We just want to make this game more enjoyable and less frustrating. Something is very, very wrong if we cannot help each other and make this game fun to play FGS!

I, for one, am sick of these gambling practices being turned into new game modes that are designed to frustrate players. Other countries enact gambling policies on video games, and the development of this game certainly knows how to push the envelope.

It’s clear that this game will continue down the sad, miserable road of trying to get us to waste our gems and money…:moneybag:

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. I love when players find that kind of tips and share with the community. Of course I’ll use what I learn. Unfortunately that is not enough to change some policies that corporations tend to follow, like this one.
I think that when someone finds this kind of help they should divulge immediately as soon is confirmed true, or informing that more data is needed. But just don’t get surprised if it is thrown under the bus.

How many times have they turned player information against us?

It’s a valid concern to maybe not post findings in the open and especially not on this forum.

Let’s hope this is what we meant to discover, and that nothing will get changed because of players “cracking the code”.

In the end, figuring out this small bit of help will make it more likely that players play this mode and spend their gems on it than an exercise in frustration would.

1 Like

I had one (2nd Boss) that was 9 fights, so it seems that there is some randomness.

Still Under(in)spiring, though…

1 Like

Any room from the path between gates should be counted as zero.

1 Like