Underspire - FOREST OF THORNS teams

[6419,6241,6408,1462,3062,1,3,1,1,1,1,1,14004]

The difficulty here was finding a team that would be fast at the start and still keep winning pretty fast by the final boss as the FoT troops aren’t very powerful.

This team allows Sylvanimora and Yasmine’s Chosen to fire and refill more or less continuously.

Kick off with a yellow match to explode Amethyst Band to fill and use Forest Troll (or just fill him)

Keep on alternating Sylvanimora, Yasmine’s and Forest Troll. Don’t match the green gems because you want to flood the board, much like playing Queen B. You should be able to do quite a few turns before the enemy gets a look in.
Use Amethyst Band to refresh the board.

Sylvanimora does more damage initially.
Yasmine’s puts 10 green gems on the board each time.
A green match entangles a random enemy
Destroy a column that has skulls for more damage.
Match skulls when you get the chance

I tested out a skull team but this one ultimately came out on top being faster and more reliable at lower and higher levels.

This team easily beats all kingdoms L12 Explore so should be good to the final boss.

6 Likes

Treant
Amethyst Band / Thorn of the Gods (Monk)
Yasmine’s Chosen
Alderfather

Primal Rift banner (+2 purple / + green / - red)

Treant as tank (Stoneskin) and heavy hitter (skull damage variety).

Archer class doesn’t do much for me when the Hero isn’t the lead. So I went with another Elf class given the weapon of choice, plus Monk is a solid all-around choice between its’ traits and useful talents (Impact, Purification, Rock Solid, Nature’s Will, Fortitude).

Amethyst Band as exploder / re-summoner, but Thorn of the Gods would also work and would serve to buff the other three troops. Because I prefer AB’s colors (yellow/purple) over ToG’s colors (blue/brown) as far as efficacy for filling and casting. But YMMV.

Yasmine’s Chosen as the obvious heavy hitter (spellcasting variety). Plus her third trait to entangle enemies on Green matches.

Alderfather as re-summoner (both his summons are useful tanks), as entangler (on Purple), and as generator/looper.

Primal Rift banner over Eldrazhor banner because you get the extra Green mana from the Monk’s traits. Leaving you +2 purple and +2 green, whereas the alternate would be +1 / +3.

3 Likes