UI: Loading Bar Issue - Unknown Font symbols appears for a brief time or two!

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam client
Windows 7 (64-bit)

Screenshot or image:

Video:

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
English Loading bar, without strange Alien Gibberish font that appears one or two times for a brief period.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. One or two updates before 4.4 and with the current update 4.4.

Steps to make it happen again

• Load the game, better record it and watch the clip at 0,25 speed. (or my screenshot and video)
  • Alien Gibberish (Unknown Font) somehow appears and creates conspiracy theories.
1 Like

It has happened on Xbox for a while too, so it probably happens on all platforms and the devs see it daily and never mentioned it. But it’s not important.

When I first saw this I was hoping it was some kind of intentional Easter egg in futhark,

Like the text at top of Dwarven Gate.

Nah, it’s just a visual glitch :laughing:

I’ve watched that video 10 times and still can’t see the problem. The screenshot looks like it was paused as the letters are coming in and looks normal for that.

Of course it was paused, because it’s too quick otherwise. You can’t see the problem? C’mon, it’s a bug.

Of course I can’t. Like you said it’s too quick without pausing.

It’s too quick to identify the symbols, but not too quick not to notice it, otherwise I would not have done a bug report about it. You can see the symbols on the screenshot. This is it. There is nothing more.

Yes, I’ve noticed this too on my Android phone, but it’s too quick to be able to do a screen-capture of it.

It’s been happening for a while now, but it’s no big deal as it doesn’t affect anything.

There’s no way to know for sure. This issue is probably widespreaded to all platforms.
I would not ignore it, still, even if it’s just a visual issue with no real impact on the gameplay.