Two birds, one stone - Or how to fix the end game soul issue AND card rarity

Yeah, I don’t mean to sound like I think they’re clueless. I’m certain they knew what they were doing, I’m just not sure I agree with it. :+1:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you though. I’m going to hit level 1k without a single thing to show for it mostly. No surplus of anything, but that’s my luck. A day late and a dollar short on everything.

They just had to do the “great holy nerf war,” on guild tasks not long after I started playing.

2 Likes

I wish you could like the same post twice…

1 Like

I think they looked at all their data and thought they had a pacing problem.

Guild tasks were out of control, people were playing way more hours than they thought, so everything was just getting out of control rewards wise. So they said, “hey let’s try to control and pace them a little bit.” Because we’re technically getting better rewards from tasks overall, but we’re getting them A LOT slower. It takes months to save up what you could get in a few weeks before.

So I understand it from their pov, but sucks for us.

2 Likes

At this pace this post is going to cause me to run out of :heart:'s to give and I only have myself to blame.

5 Likes

Didn’t mean to make your thread all about one aspect brohammer. I agree there’s definitely a soul surplus problem for end-gamers, but that’s actually something that I have no ideas to put forward on. If they make surplus souls give extra special rewards it kind of unbalances things a bit. Like troops or perks in pvp type stuff.

What if they could somehow let you exchange souls for buffs? Things that don’t matter a lot in the whole scheme of things. Extra gold, xp, or stone drops for X amount of souls?

Or they could truly kill 2 birds with 1 stone if they made souls exchangeable for better treasure map rewards lol!

Hey, I’m all for alternative ideas so no apologies necessary. I think there are a number of great ideas in this thread and probably lots of others in other threads or that nobody has thought of yet. As long as the devs implement something at least halfway decent before I get to end game, I’ll be happy. Because it’s all about meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2 Likes

I can’t remember who, but I remember someone saying they could make souls exchangeable for gold as an idea. That I could see happening. I don’t think it would overall hurt anything. If people used that gold to do a zillion legendary tasks, chances are they wouldn’t land much, and even if they did they’re now mostly out of souls. A one-time burst of rewards isn’t so bad.

But on the flip-side of that, I could see that being abusable. So yep, i’m back to no good ideas.

Most likely anyone who has that many souls isn’t really in need of much that could drop from Legendary Tasks, either but they might just do it for the fun of it.

So far, we’ve been getting a dozen or so gems and gem keys a week from legendary tasks. I used those today to get the new mythic. So there are a few of us that can definitely use them.

The souls/gold surplus tends to be a side effect of everything they did to give some better leverage to starting players. We are potentially generating more resources, in this sense, with the guild tasks in order to help the average player.

On the other hand at some point even with a huge surplus of resources, premium or not, we can’t properly address some of our own issues like missing just a few cards (mythics or not). I’m all in favor of some HUGE resource’s sink that WILL help us on somes of these “first world problem” that we have.

4 Likes

I think the newer end game players can but I’m under the impression that the older (original) ones like what @HKdirewolf is talking about already have buttloads of gems, etc so more gold doesn’t offer them all that much. I could be wrong though, maybe they’ve already blown through all that loot.

Making it able to buy a specific base mythic for 1m souls sounds like a great solution to me.
Imagine that moment of hitting 990k souls and knowing how damn close you are to get someting that you want.
And i think 1m souls is a number so damn high that it wouldnt be a problem of making it target a specific mythic. If thats not RNG enogh, create a mythic chest. Costs 1m soul to open, rewards a random mythic. God knows i need more draaks for my evil plan of something.

3 Likes

Oh and yes ive leveled up everything so im the boat thats getting filled with souls to which i cant find no use for.

1 Like

Even if they added a chest with higher tier rewards for souls that would be pretty damn good.

great idea.

2 Likes

Yeah, it would be nice to have some way to spend souls, even if it was completely RNG.

1 Like

So theoretically if you used this for say, Ghulvania, and you had everything but Drakkulis at 4x mythic, if there is a Ghulvania event the only troops (other than the low odds of getting a non-kingdom troop) you could get from event keys are copies of Drakkulis? Seems rather OP, although for 250k souls per kingdom very few players will even have 1 kingdom at this status.

Also most players with 250k unspent souls are going to have most troops at 4x mythic. I probably have over half of all troops at 4x mythic and I’m nowhere near able to have a stockpile of 250k souls to afford this upgrade for even one kingdom. By the time I have all troops leveled enough to afford hoarding souls like that I’ll probably have about 90% of all troops 4x mythic already, seems kind of a waste, although I do like the concept of making it so some troops are no longer droppable at a certain point.

I think the problem is people want to have these huge soul sinks and most likely these are 1 time deals. Why would developers waste resources on one of applications? I’ve been playing since GoW came out on steam and have about 2 million souls sitting. That’s from pretty much the start. Do you need a soul sink yes, but it needs to be something all can use. How about having a soul chest that only gives troops? 1 for 25, 10 for 250, 50 for 1250 or something similar.

2 Likes

Oh and make it like a glory key and possible to get any troop. Not a gold key where you can’t even get any of the high rarities.

Easy solution for that. Currently when you open a chest the logic flow goes like this:

Random roll to determine rarity of reward
Random roll to determine if Troop or Stone
If Stone, random roll to determine what color(s)
If Troop, random roll to determine which troop

So, for example say you open a Glory Chest
First random roll determines if it is Rare (72%), UltraRare (22%), Epic (5%), Legendary (1%) or Mythic (0.1%) [note: these % don’t cover the ‘other’ drops of gold, gems, glory]
Say you get UltraRare
Second random roll is do you get an UltraRare troop or a Runic traitstone
Say you get Troop
Third random roll is which of the 66 possible UltraRares
Say you get Flesh Golem

If you have all UltraRares at 4x Mythic the flow would instead go:

First random roll determines if it is Rare (72%), UltraRare (22%), Epic (5%), Legendary (1%) or Mythic (0.1%)
Say you get UltraRare
Second random roll is do you get an UltraRare troop or a Runic traitstone
Say you get Troop
Third check which of the 66 UltraRares are not Mythic x4
If there are, random roll among only those
If there are none, random roll for a traitstone instead, in this case Runic as it matches UltraRare level.

In this way, your chances of getting a mythic are not improved at all. Your chances of getting a legendary are not improved. BUT if you do get a legendary, you are assured of getting one you need and if you don’t need any you get a Celestial traitstone instead (the Celestial matches Legendary for rarity). Likewise @DonBoba would never get another Draakulis as a random mythic again :slight_smile:

One extra benefit of this: soul gain escalation at end game would be slowed considerably. When you open a slew of event chests, instead of getting 249 Incubus, ascending to mythic x4, and disenchanting the rest for 5125 souls, you’d instead get 44 (enough to mythic x4) and 205 Runics.

5 Likes