Troop trading system

With the chances to get a troop being actively reduced with every week (compare the chance to get mythic X three years ago with the chance to get it today), and the soulforge being only an emergency option due to the prices, it seems about time to think of an additional way to get creatures.

I suggest an ingame system, that allows to trade 4 troops of a given rarity for 1 chosen troop of that same rarity (only for troops, that can be found in chests, so no underworld, dooms or event-bound creatures).
These trades will be with the system directly and not involve other players.

I think, it is a reasonable approach, that needs no further explanation. I know, nobody who is involved with the development of the game would ever read the forum, but maybe it could be forwarded by the moderation team if they find it acceptable.

2 Likes

ā€œGreatā€, say the Devs, ā€œtrade 4 troops of a given rarity and 20 Cursed Runes per levelā€ā€¦

2 Likes

My god that was the solution for the insane amounts of treasure maps. Cough up runes and celestial trait stones

1 Like

just simply ā€œsellā€ troops that are ascended to mythic for diamonds
M = 1000
L = 400
E = 20
UR = 5
R = 1
C = 0

I can see this get invented for less rarer troops. By that I mean commons to ultra rare troops only.

And there is loads of good troops to find there, especially for noobs.

They should give some diamonds when you disenchant mythics.

1 Like

Interesting concept but those rates are waaaaaay too high :grimacing:

1 Like

Ive played a couple of games where theres trading systems, and it can make for a toxic game community and usualy disadvantages newer gamers rather than rewards them. I think its a bad ideaā€¦ .

1 Like

I love this ideaā€¦ This game NEEDS a trading system.

not really.
players survived all the years without one.

plan stuff. work towards it. reach goal. - simple formula, needs no trading shortcut.

Plan stuff, work towards it, have the RNG give you multiple copies of one of the Troops you want and none of the others, go back to square oneā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No new player has to have insta-access to all the good troops by simply trading for it.
By actively playing for quite some time you wonā€™t even have this problem because of above formula.

If the problem is only about pulling the correct dragons from eggos, then thereā€™s simpler solutions the devs could implement to prevent this from happening and affecting people in a negative way.

The game doesnā€™t neccessarily improve by suggesting stuff and solutions that are unlikely to ever be implemented because of knowledge-deficits on how-to, a ā€œsmall teamā€, not enough time, or countless other possible reasons. Devs canā€™t even figure out how to solve current bugs affecting multiple players. to think for some unrealistic reason theyā€™re magically capable of implementing something completely new that also works just as expected rather than intended seems like a big stretch. sadly

4 Likes

Instead of trading system which could be a ruin for the whole game, an upgrade of the Legendary Tasks could be interesting.

After # of Legendary Tasks, the Guild unlock (every week/sunday) another collaborative effort to fill up a Mythic Sunday Task, with various resources as ingredients not only gold and dailies specific tasks from Monday to Saturday.
The prize could be a mythic, tarots, cosmetic pet, runes, dragonite and so on

Eg.
Mythic Tasks unlocked
On Monday: Donate x gold, x traitstones, x glory, x souls to unlock the Monday Tasks
Monday Tasks: Kill 1000 Goblins (total from all active)
and so onā€¦ every day
Obviosly not really hard time consuming tasks but something that a collaborative guild can handle.
(all the previous dailies tasks could be done also on Sunday)

Everything I wrote itā€™s just an example, task and resources could be totally different from a better plan and develop, I just give the ideaā€¦

2 Likes

I love the idea. Even though I have every mythic that can be pulled, the newer players in my guild would benefit greatly from it.

1 Like

ā€œJoin our Guild of Endgamers, weā€™ll trade you every Mythic you want, just send us $xxā€¦ā€

Somehow I canā€™t see the Devs going for this :thinking:

3 Likes

But the reason simply is lazyness. :wink:

Even lazyness can sometimes be a good thing.

Just to clarify, the suggestion is meant to be a trade with the system, not with other players. Some of the recent answers seem to have missed that.

I think your idea for a troop trading system is a great one and itā€™s definitely worth bringing up on the forum. Iā€™m sure many players have wanted to get their hands on certain troops but have been unable to due to the rarity and cost of souls. It would be great if there was a way to get the troops we want without having to grind for them or spend a ton of money. Also, I think having an accurate currency converter would make it easier for players to make sure they are getting a fair deal when trading troops. Iā€™m sure the developers would be open to hearing your suggestion and potentially looking into it further.

1 Like

i would go for just ā€œsellingā€ dupe mythics and legendaries for 1/4 their soulforge value.