Troop Hunting for Events

Princess Elspeth, Penguin, Penguin, Penguin with Lion Banner.

1 Like

I tried exactly that team as well. It would be awesome if Elspeth generated more gems with higher magic. But I think 4 Elspeths was faster for me.

1 Like

Im using elspeth valk b.dragonx2 dragon banner in casual pvp. I cycle thru til i fimd an appropriate opponent. My highest thus far is 24 in a battle

1 Like

I got 80-ish once in explore, against a Fortress Gate, trying not to attack it. But I think having quicker fights with guaranteed casts (usually about 8-12) ends up being faster.

2 Likes

My biggest problem is i just ascended elspeth to mythic so i only have 1😕

2 Likes

I won’t play GoW anymore, so I won’t update this thread anymore either. Feel free to take over.

Cheers

1 Like

Wow, everyone is quitting now.

2 Likes

What happened @MakoSipper?

1 Like

It hasn’t been fun for a while. It was more like an addiction. Today, I finished traiting all my troops and I told my guildmates:

I'm so happy with this milestone! =)

Then I realized that, no, I wasn’t happy, sad or anything at all. I’ve been trying to fool myself for a while that it was fun because of all the effort I put into it. I didn’t want to stop and feel like I wasted all those countless hours. GoW has been an addiction for a long time, and now I hope I can be free.

10 Likes

Well thats understandable brudda… Good luck going forward and thank you for all you have done for the community.

We will miss you for sure

3 Likes

I would volunteer to continue this. @MakoSipper

1 Like

Current Event - “Storm Warning”

Week: August 28th 2017
Goal: Defeat Stryx in PVP and Explore

Where: Suncrest (1.892)

If you want to help other players in PVP, make sure to set up a Stryx team. Easiest would be 4x Owleth.

4 Likes

Current Event - “The Problem with Goblins”

Week: September 4th 2017
Goal: Defeat Goblins in PVP and Explore

Where: Zaejin (1.913)

Once again, use a goblin team as your defend team to help others.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing so every week for the last 2weeks. I hope it is appreciated. But i didn’t get much pvp stryx last week or red teams the week before. Hope i have better luck with goblins. Come on guys. Do the right thing. I given up alot of pvp defence losses for the greater good.

1 Like

I’d go a little further and say, 4x Bugbear would be the easiest Goblin team for people to field. Not that I’ve done that however, I have fielded a Goblin defence :upside_down_face:

I have the feeling that challenges don’t get favored anymore since the Unity update. I’m not sure how @MakoSipper calculated the numbers, but I think they might change because of that.

I put a goblin team out. But so far today it’s winning 70% of matches…

Don’t forget that you’re getting a victory if someone defeats you in casual PVP. I don’t know how many of your victories belong there though…

It hadn’t change since Unity was first launched. Not sure if there’s been another update since then. But the “odd troop in” can factor a lot in the average you get, especially when the best averages are close to 1. Still, it should be the best reliable option.

But I have to give you a heads-up: Although updating the troop list is very easy (especially when troops change their types) when a new kingdom is released and/or more quests are added (new classes, for example), the spreadsheet will need a difficult update. I must tell you, it’s not easy at all to do it unless you know what you’re doing. I recommend someone either tries to understand that spreadsheet so they can take over (iirc, there should be a new kingdom coming soon), or find another way of calculating all this. Excel is probably not the best option, but it was the best way I could do it by myself.

Mako out.

Current Event - “Which Witch is Which”

Week: September 11th 2017
Goal: Defeat Urska in Explore

Where: Urskaya (0.986)

No PVP this time so you have to grind in Explore. Don’t forget that you can reroll explore matches by entering the troop or guild menu and exiting again.

1 Like