Treasure Hunt and Underspire Suggestions

Underspire: Firstly, no one ever fights the dead-end battles. My suggestion is to stick a random gnome into every dead end battle. This way when people find the 7th dragon or realise they don’t have enough sigils to find the next dragon, they can then find interest in using up their remaining sigils by fighting dead-end battles (and make sure pet gnome, dragonite gnome, cursed gnomes are included amongst other gnomes in the drop pool).

Treasure Hunt: update the drop table to have Vaults have a % chance to drop a random colour deed (50% would be reasonable). Getting vaults is not so easy and takes some time, but at least it would get people playing this game mode again.

11 Likes

I agree there is no “carrot” to make a dead-end battle room worth attempting, but I’m wary that a guaranteed random Gnome encounter might be too much. Obviously not to the same extent as running a GAP, but still.

Alternatively (or both), have the chance to discover a Valraven in a dead-end room?

2 Likes

What would an underspire valraven give you? Torches (and how many) or sigils for the weekly events? Either way that would get people playing dead end rooms, I think.

Another suggestion would be letting us turn Treasure Maps into Epic Treasure Maps using Cursed Runes. The prizes for Epic Treasure Hunts would be various Deeds, Dragonite, VIP Keys and Chaos Orbs.

8 Likes

My suggestion to make this thing less ‘‘Pay to win’’ would be to add Valravens in there, but randomly, just like in Delves or Tower of Doom.
Free torches would be more than welcome for all of us
I’m not always eager to spend more than 50 Gems per day on this.
I’m very surprised nobody suggested it yet

1 Like

Well it is a good point that Valravens have the event sigil designed into their card art itself, and Torches / Delve Tokens (etc) are not sigils, strictly speaking, but a standard drop rate of 2 of them (or for more depth, maybe 90% to drop 2x Torches, 10% to drop 1x Lantern) seems fine.

As for Lanterns, by the way, I would rather see them illuminate all rooms within a 2-tile radius whether those areas are connected or not. As it stands now, its ability to light beyond the next room is LITERALLY USELESS for the rooms you really want to save it for.

2 Likes

It’s not really random, it’s based on the number of battles you’ve won. For Underspire that would mean instead of getting 7 torches we’d get something like 4 torches plus an average of 3 from Valravens each day.

For this suggestion I said Valraven, but it could be a new unit, that they would name Scout Gnome or something, that would have a % of chance to appear and give you 2 or 3 torches …
They’ve added Towers that give extra sigils so why not ?

2 Likes

The sigil tower is the same thing as a raven

1 Like

Because it doesn’t change anything.

Longer explanation, in Underspire we are supposed to get 49 sigils for free over the whole week. This number is set in stone, by their financials department, so it won’t get any higher even after hell freezes over twice. If you are asking for Valraven to show up, this will happen:

• Valraven will appear at the standard event rate, which means they will extend torches by factor 2.25.
  • Free torches for each day will get reduced from 7 to 3, for a total of 21. Valraven will add 21 x 1.25 = 26.25 torches, for a total of 47.25 torches.
  • Torches purchased for gems will get reduced from 5 to 2. Valravens will add another 2 x 1.25 = 2.5 torches, for a total of 4.5 torches.
  • Lanterns purchased for cash will get reduced from 5 to 3. Valravens will add another 3 x 1.25 = 3.75 torches.

This is all slightly less than before, with the added risk of losing out extra because Valraven can fly away. It will officially get treated as huge success. Players obviously wanted to have some extra thrill to break up battle monotony, at a minor cost to rewards, and promptly got everything they asked for.

And to dispel the notion that “Towers give extra sigils”, this follows exactly the same 2.25 ratio. The only difference is that a Valraven showing up and replacing a tower instead of a standard troop gets reskinned as Raven Tower.

TL;DR: There is no free lunch. Just business plans.

5 Likes

No Free Lunch just Business plans yeah, you’re quite right. I noticed long ago that if you want all rewards from Tuesdays Faction Events you gotta buy the first Tier, or you will get no further than reward 7 unless you’re lucky.

Not true on the Tuesday factions. You can often do them with no tiers so long as you do the rooms in the optimal order.

4 Likes

That actually depends on two things - the delve and the right strategy.

I can never remember which delves work for sure, work maybe, and definitely don’t work. :sweat_smile:

In addition to what @Fourdottwoone said, they didn’t exactly add Towers that give extra sigils.
We were always getting extra sigils during invasion 4-tower phase since day one, it’s just that those sigils were, for a lack of better word, tied to an invisible troop with 0% chance to flee that was automatically defeated once you won the match. So they made visible valraven tower or whatever that thing is called with X% chance to flee (and X>0!).
If anything, one might argue that we’re, in fact, marginally worse off than we were before addition of this valraven tower.

Explanation seems confusing. Are you saying there was originally a random chance to get extra Sigils from a battle flat out (compare a “Scroll of Haste” in Tower of Doom events, +1 guaranteed Sigil upon victory) ?

I’m saying that we got 4-match-average valraven with two sigils just like in any other mode (raid boss, for example), only without a physical valraven troop on the field.

Sort of. Valraven spawning in used to replace troops by insta-killing them. Towers are Invulnerable, making them immune to insta-kill. So whenever a Valraven tried to show up in the “towers only” stage of Invasion, players got nothing at all. There was a temporary fix to directly hand out two sigils in such a situation, which lasted until they reworked the Valraven mechanism a very long time later.

1 Like

I dont think this is true. I cannot choose which rooms appear. What is this secret order of which others have suggested and ive tried with no success?

If high value rooms don’t populate i have no control over it. Furthermore in most factions you cant do the rooms in whatever order you like, theres a set order. Tuesday Faction Assault has consistently fallen short of full rewards and ive compared results with guild members, global players, and people i can see the room with me. Sometimes to the exact point value.

How can i obtain full rewards too? Please detail your strategy. PM if necessary

You want to draw a chart, horizontal axis is number of rooms visited, vertical axis is sum of room multipliers of rooms visited. Your goal is to maximize the area covered in your chart.

Basics: Given two rooms, A with multiplier 1.1 and B with multiplier 1.5. Taking them in order A, B results in a scoring factor of (1.1 + (1.1 + 1.5)) = 3.7, taking them in order B, A results in a scoring factor of (1.5 + (1.5 + 1.1)) ) 4.1. Apply this to all 9 rooms in sequence, not just the first 2.

You can’t, it just works more often than not when maximizing scores. All-Seeing Eye excluded, obviously.

1 Like

As is above its all about maxing your multiplier at each room based on what’s available. Sometime’s you need to take a lower to get to better rooms quicker. Doing this and ending most of the time at 4x by the end should get you all rewards with no spend. Delves are a mix of should generally work, will sometimes work and wil never work based on room make up and the lively RNG. There is a thread called Perfect Delve Calculator which contains a link to a file someone has created. I have never used it myself but may be worth a look

1 Like