Treasure Hoard, the Gold Sink

WOW! Sacred treasures seem the way to go. How do we get them? Do we simply buy them with gold or are they random treasures that will be rarely seen.

Are the rewards just ingots? I play a lot of PvP and have extra ingots laying around for whenever I want to use them. They’re currently a lot easier to get for the amount you need compared to trait stones. It doesn’t seem like the rewards are worth spending the gold. What’s the gold cost per legendary ingot? 1,000,000? I’d rather spend 1,000,000 and get an arcane from the guild.

1 Like

Seems like you want to slow down your own Treasure Hoard level progress for just saving gold. I prefer to progress faster instead, despite paying more gold. I also like cold, calculated tactic with garantee result instead of being in mercy of RNGsus. 25% don’t garantee to work every 4 tries. You could get lucky on first try, then fail 10 times in a row to balance it.

There is one thing I wonder now, is Treasures craftable to become higher rarity? If not, constantly waiting for Sacred Treasure to drop for maximizing result might ended up with lower tier Treasures gathering dust. Better calculating multiple tier of Treasures for 100% chance 10 times until Quailty level 10 in any fraction first, then find another tactic.

They are mythic level, and they are in the chaos portal drop pool. So, good luck getting one. Waiting on 5 sacred treasures to do anything isn’t a viable strategy imho.

5 Likes

Final math note (for now): I have no idea what the drop rates are for the various treasures. I’m sure that as soon as 4.0 comes out someone will publish them. It will then be possible to determine what the best paths to level 100 or 1000 are that use those treasures in the correct proportions. It may turn out that the best way to use all of your treasures is to use only Coin Purses to level 20 (which is sure to be enough flips of @Fourdottwoone’s 25% coins) , and then slowly work your way up to higher treasures at higher Hoard levels. No way to know with the information I have right now!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s also important to remind why devs put these Gold Sinks: because some guilds are doing too much Legendary Tasks by week according to the devs.
So what their solution is that guild members should be “selfish” and keep their gold for themselves better than sharing their gold with their guild?

3 Likes

It’s not because a few guilds are doing more or less 100 legendary tasks each week. I think it’s more about what i discussed some days ago:

“Everyone” is generating more gold now.

I don’t like it, but this is on par with raids/invasions. We get a new raid roughly once a month, and it is a new kingdom each (so far) time. By that logic, it will take about 33 raids * 3 weeks = 99 weeks or roughly 2 years from the first raid before we get to decide between “new event troop” and “old event troop” or “both”. Or, we’ll find out raid/invasion were a stall tactic and we already have all the siegebreakers/godslayers we’re going to get. Time will tell. But 2 years is a long dang time to cycle.

It’s a “more fun” long-term goal than Zuul’goth, in my optimistic speculative opinion.

1 Like

So it’s a pure coincidence that during last Q&A, devs answered that they were monitoring LT and they were thinking about adding new gold sinks? :thinking:

Not sure about that. You forget the Events (RB/Invasion/Class/Pet) which give almost no gold and which take a lot of times.

2 Likes

These events, as well as GW, are sometimes avoided like the plague by some people, but if we assume that only 20% of GoW regular playerbase, as in people that have been playing for at least six months or more, decided to invest extra time in PVP for Ingots and Pets then you can surely guess how much more gold is being introduced in the economy and showing up on the devs data.

Even the top guilds are surely more pressured to keep doing more and more PVP which also causes more competition for trophies while obviously generating and using more gold right now.

In terms of gold we sort of need a sink?

It’s the first resource that stops being “interesting”. Once you’ve leveled kingdoms to 10, it’s not cost-effective to buy gold chests (and it’s never effective to do so, IMO). That leaves “donate everything to your guild” as the only use for gold.

Let’s say, as the discussion’s going, the devs are thinking of nerfing LTs.

They’ve tried that nerf already by giving us more things to do that don’t give gold. Everyone rushes through those and goes back to gold farming. It didn’t work.

So Hoard’s a gold sink. They don’t have to nerf LTs if they make it more attractive to do something else with gold. If it becomes a burden to meet guild donation requirements and maintain hoards, guilds are going to have to adjust. The alternative is we keep getting LTs at the same rate but the devs nerf rewards, and I have a feeling that will make us less happy than if we’re getting the same level of LT rewards but fewer LTs because we perceive benefits from spending on Hoard.

In short: I don’t like to speculate about the sky falling until I see an event and how it impacts my personal economy. I think we’re all going to overspend gold on Hoard when it first comes out, then when we see what that overspending gets us, we’re going to scale back to what we feel is the right balance. Then we’re going to bicker with each other about if that balance is right.

I think it took about 3 months for the game to adjust to how raid/invasion affected the economy, I think Hoards are going to take longer.

1 Like

I think we should not wait, and begin the bickering immediately.

The answer is… 220,000 gold!!!

We need a Soul Sink more than a Gold Sink right about now…

2 Likes

I think you might be speaking for about 5% of the community. Most of us need all the souls we can get!

3 Likes

If you still need souls, chances are you’ll still need gold too. Gold already has places it can go.

2 Likes

Pretty sure these are going to be something I never ever ever ever touch. Smells and sounds like a more annoying raid event mixed with a annoying class event. GoW is looking more and more like a game I stop playing out of boredom.

3 Likes

Amen to that !

2 Likes

Your guild will appreciate your continued donations. I think you’ll be missing out.

I just noticed a different route to Hoard Quality 10 that is more gold-efficient than 50 Priest’s Chalices: 20 Sacred Treasures. Feel free to examine the table in my original mathpost and see if it’s something worth pursuing.

1 Like

@Razzagor is pretty accurate there. For months now I haven’t really changed my PvP activity very much. I’ve gone from finishing out a week in the 20-30k rank months ago to the 50k+ range, which means a significant amount of people have increased their own PvP activity, and hence a large influx of gold being created.

I would speculate that less than 10% of players in the top 50 guild, perhaps even top 100 realistically, haven’t finished their kingdoms. That means 90% or more of that gold production is going toward LTs.

From tributes alone I probably make 400-500k/week. For as many people that swear up & down that LTs aren’t worth buying, there are an awful lot purchased and an awful lot of gold farmed. My guild is doing 15-20 LTs with most of us around 200t or less/week. Can’t imagine the gold production in guilds who consistently produce over 300t/member.

1 Like

Your calculation is very useful. Thank you so much for that. I’m very bad at math, so I can only use logic instead.

Still, I think this is all still a theoretical case, like that worry about creating Mythic ingot from all Common ones would take a few million souls. Actual gameplay might be very difference that perfect situation might not always possible. Drop rate of each Treasure Tiers will play a big role here.

My prediction is that time will also have an important part. Waiting for perfect Treasures to drop might slow progress down. Players might have to sacrifice more gold to progress faster with the Treasure they have. Doing 100% quailty upgrade batch 10 times might be the best realistic way, and there are quiet many combinations possible; 20×5, 50×2, 50+30+20, 30x2 + 20x2, 30x3 + 5x2, 25x3 + 10x2 + 5, etc…

2 Likes

Even when considering the most active players we can imagine an increase in activity just for the completionist’s sake. We have a lot of Classes and Weapons to upgrade now.

Just looking at the weapons Upgrades Leaderboard, generously provided to us by Lyya, we can have a glimpse of all activity from a small portion of players and compare with our own, i’m at position 191, but that’ll probably change when i use my Ultra-rare Ingots (close to reach the 420 ingots needed to upgrade all weapons of this rarity at once) and i’ve been playing a lot recently, it’s not wrong to assume the other 190 players above me, and at least a few thousands below me, also increased their activity as well.

Now imagine just 20% more activity/gold across the entire player base… People who used to play two hours a day are now playing at least two hours and a half and spending most of their time in PVP to not miss out the free guaranteed Ingots as tier rewards as well as any extras from battles. Now that’s some data that probably caught the devs attention.

1 Like