Traitstone Farming

I’m pretty much in the same situation. All my kingdoms are leveled but my gold goes to the guild.

This thread suggests you all have First Krystara problems: Minor and Major Trait Stone OVERLOAD! - #2 by Eika

Part of the issue is that EVERY trait requires a bunch of minor stones - but majors and runics are only used sometimes. So your pool of minors is constantly drained.

We look forward to bringing in the changes as Infinity Plus 2 takes the lead on adjusting the situation!

[quote=“Mr.Strange, post:28, topic:5127, full:true”]

Although I don’t have a solution to share with you, I’ll say that on the development side we ABSOLUTELY understand this problem. When dealing with in-game economies, the general way to implement things is to introduce things such that you assume players won’t reasonably be able to reach the upper echelons - and then tune things down when those assumptions are validated.[/quote]

That part about Infinity+2 setting the play bar that high, this early on, is fascinating. You’re saying that during development, someone can choose to publish a game with elements that are essentially impossible for the greater majority of players to accomplish?

I know Microsoft has an in-house game psychology department. They evaluate why players prefer certain types of games and why gamers like to do the things they do. What makes them return to a game on an ongoing basis. And finally, what makes them give up on playing. The dataset being collected on player tolerances must be an eye-opener!

I think it mostly has to do with the fact that players get upset when you take things away and rejoice when you give them things. So when you’re balancing things it’s better to be conservative, since worst case scenario is that you end up maing it easier and the players are happy (whereas the other way around could totally wreck your economy and when you fix it players will complain).

3 Likes

This is fixed with the new update right? (referring to the new Explore mode) Also did we get an ETA on that update for consoles yet?

Fixed but not perfect as people still want better ways to get trait stones. (so can’t please them all) no eta for xbox yet.

That’s a real shame. There are already a number of troops us console players don’t have access to (the new giant, the horsemen, the seasonal imps) and now they come out with a major update like this and we don’t even get an ETA. (+another kingdom w/troops)

I understand that there is a longer, more complicated release process for updates on consoles, but that made me think, “How do they update the store and events every week?”
Do they plan all that out ahead of time so that it rotates by itself? And if so then they should know when that rotation ends and we should have an ETA. If not, how hard is it to add another troop or fix something small when they do change those weekly?

We we’re recently gifted “Imp of Love” on consoles, but even that was handled poorly by not showing up in the mail and not defining exactly which traitstones came with it. This didn’t require an update for the game or anything…

So is it just me or are the consoles getting the shaft, because we are already numerous versions behind and seem to be falling more and more behind.

P.S. - What happened to the weekly event threads? The news section still says visit the forums at gemsofwar.com, but then it shows the newest event for PC, showing me more of what we don’t have access to. When I scroll down I can find a “Coming soon to a console near you thread” with over 700 replies, but nothing more recent that seems to be relevant for consoles.
@Mr.Strange @Sirrian

1 Like

There’s a (somewhat arbitrary) distinction between “code” and “data”. Some data can be downloaded without “updating” the game. So sometimes they can add new things, or change existing things, without going through the formal review process.

Console was released more than a year after the PC version, so it started out about 16 months “behind” - we created a schedule for catching up, and we’re still on schedule. We’re currently tracking at about 3.5 months “behind” the PC version, and we’ll continue to reduce that difference.

4 Likes

I don’t mind been a little late on pc cause that way we get less bug since pc test it for us :slight_smile:

Are the once monthly kingdoms still going to happen as per the plan, and it is understandable that you guys are behind but best case scenario and worst case scenario seem quite interesting. Worst case is xbox/ps4 does not catch up, what is the most optimal best case scenario?

Console is exactly on track - when you say “you guys are behind” it makes it sound as if our progress is slower than expected, and that’s not the case.

We haven’t caught up to PC yet - but we are closing that gap. On schedule. The goal has always been to get all versions in sync.

I did not mean to come off that way, it just seems slow and steady and i was wondering if the bug squashing time was put in the plan to give you guys more slack/leeway or if it is cutting it close where plans are involved.

Wow Runics are 9% dop rate? Neeeeeever would have thought that. Ill try it out later hopefully

Absolutely bug squashing time is factored in. Our ability to implement features is not the limiting factor at all - it’s all about releasing things at a good pace for players.

We’re ready and we’re greedy. Bring it!

3 Likes

In the meantime, for those of us without explore mode, what was determined regarding difficulty and traitsones? Does a higher difficulty increase the chance of Arcane/Runic?

If it mirrors the pc/app version yes, yes it should have an affect.

Regarding PC/Mobile: Increased difficulty hasn’t given an increase in drop rate since 2.0 update, and it never increased your chance for an arcane/runic rarity. Sirrian mentioned this recently in another thread.

2 Likes