Top Guild broke Guild Wars

That week, about 8-10 players didn’t even do a GW battle, and we were still promoted into the top 10. The real competition is among the top few guilds for the top prizes, and for new and up-and-coming guilds to climb the ladder.

1 Like

Wrong! I do not recruit anyone and btw you do the same thing lol!

no way 29 are going to opt out of the chance to get 1500 gems that’s ridiculous and you know it!

Not really… we stealing your players, remember? :stuck_out_tongue:

so you said we recruit top 100 then you steal same person! I think you just made my point!

Lol 98% of our players are the same then 2 years ago, i think you just paranoiak

For anywhere but the top bracket, the rewards are puny, so it won’t really matter whether anyone opts in or out. For those in the top bracket, no one would choose to opt out because the potential rewards are too attractive to ignore. Yes, my example was (deliberately) ridiculous, but if you take your simple “opt in and average the scores” option, it creates the potential for deeply unfair outcomes. How do you balance bracket movements when only a few players are contributing to success or failure while a bunch of players that can opt in or out any week are sitting on the sidelines? Your idea just doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Wow this thread certainly exploded over night.
So any tldr?

2 Likes

You broke guild wars

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is… He’s the death of guild wars?

3 Likes

At the end of the day its gw that keeps me playing this game. No other mode punishes the player for a loss. I love it tbh.

Sharing teams is a big plus for me now as I use to be pretty silent on that and kept them to myself. Lol, gw is getting me to share and talk more.

7 Likes

@Ghaleon
Congratulations mate for getting paragon this week. Top effort.
See you on blue day. :wink:

4 Likes

sure it works out! Maybe the people that want to play will play and the others that don’t won’t have to! You are suggesting the top guild has a weak player that will opt in and drag their average down but so will every other guild! Right now people don’t even play in a guild and don’t level anything and get rewarded as if they did! That’s unfair! So if you opt in and don’t play but want the rewards if I were the guy running guild you would get the boot! Your argument is even if you don’t touch a controller all week and are in thieves you deserve 1500 points! I think you deserve nothing because you didn’t do anything!

It doesn’t work for you is what you mean! So if you are the manager of a guild you just tell your people if you opt in you are opting in for all 6 battles! Not 1 or 2 or 5! All battles or sit it out til the next week where you can opt in! If you have people wanting rewarded for doing nothing then you have another problem!

Anyone in thieves who didn’t touch a controller for a week wouldn’t be in Thieves in a week.

It’s a team competition. Everyone pulls on the same rope.

9 Likes

Seriously rojo just drop it

5 Likes

Having recently left DoVehlo, I can confirm that sentinels were around the 80 mark - probably a little higher now - but certainly not at 100.

4 Likes

Well you guys have done a really great job making it into the top and staying there too. And seeing as how they’ve climbed the trophy chart too, my hat is off to you and them.

3 Likes

Thanks man. We’ve done some cool things! Its a strange thing to take pride in, but I feel I’ve played my part. I joined the when they were around rank 600 and left them when we hit rank 10.

Leaving was, in part, precipitated by guild wars: Ive got a lot on my plate at the mo (moving house, baby on the way) and although I still play frequently I couldn’t commit to doing GW daily. I didn’t want to let the side down, so felt it was best just to step away for the time being. It was all harmonious, and im told I’m welcome to re-join if I so wish.

Since then I’ve set up another account, started a new guild and just play very, very casually.
*Casually is not quite true, IM still pulling in around 600 trophies a week on the ps4, plus another few hundred on mobile. I think Ive got a problem.

6 Likes

Been there, done that, am there, doing that. Totally understand. Congrats on the new house and baby. Cheers for that.

5 Likes