To trait or not to trait? That is the 2.0 question

Traits on most non-legendary troops only offer minor benefits. However, fully traiting a troop can boost your team score as much as 500 points. The higher the team score, the more difficult the opponents. Maintaining a lower team score will face you against weaker teams. This will speed games up, and mitigate the chance of losing. From what I can tell, team score has minor effect on pvp points. Which means faster and less risky matches could provide better gains.

Should I reserve traits only for legendaries and troops with the best of traits such as stoneskin, empowered, and link?

That’s pretty much been my traiting strategy from the beginning, but more for lack of just being picky about getting traits that will actually make a measurable difference. Can’t see myself actually pulling punches for the off chance and gaming their matchup system, though. You’d only be able to do this for so long before your level and kingdom bonuses start piling up anyway.

Non-Legendary troops offer us double skills, such as Magic or Attack, when we get 5 Star Kingdoms. I have to respectfully disagree with you there and would not call that a minor benefit.

Why save traits, or put them in storage, when they could be earning you tribute?

What to do with traits is a problem, more of a problem if people do not have strategies.

As traitstones keep appearing and can be bought, awarded and farmed, I choose to;

1. Trait my attack troops.
  2. Trait my defence troops.
  3. Trait other troops to gain Tribute.
  4. There’s no need to go deeper than that, for me, because I feel the effort nit-picking traitstones far outweights the benefits.
  5. Although, when I reach a higher level maybe I will change my mind and regret number 4.
  6. There’s never enough traitstones for all our needs so I do farm them if needed for special occasions.

Not saying this the THE way to go. It just suits me, at this time. :slight_smile:

Totally agree.

2 Likes

I trait what gives me the best benefit. I do not have mythic yet, however with the pvp bugs almost gone i will return to my usual attack team/defence team. I use tyri for map farming but with the bugs/glitches in the system i have had to use my all goblin team, which against popular opinion i do actually hate, in order to bypass or not be effected by the bugs. Goblins to me are like murlocs in hearthstone or slivers in MTG. I hate them but i will use them if i have to in order to get adjusted…

Are you sure the match up is affected by the team score? It shouldn’t be in my opinion since you can switch teams any time after having a look at the enemy team. This would allow cheating with a low score team and then switch to a better team.

Maybe some of the developers can answer that?

2 Likes

To trait or not to trait - that is the 2.0 question:
Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The goblins and Maws of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of Mercies,
And by opposing end them. To trait- to ascend-
No more. And by ascend to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural nerfs
That troops are heir to. ‘Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish’d. To trait- to ascend.
To ascend- perchance to defend: ay, there’s the rub!
For in that tier of defeat what stones may come
When we have shuffled off this Immortal Trait,
Must give us pause. There’s the respect
That makes calamity of so long a week.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of Dark Master,
Th’ oppressor’s Bone Dragon, the proud man’s Sheggra,
The pangs of despis’d Hobgoblin, the law’s Paladin,
The insolence of Tyri, and the spurns
That patient merit of th’ unworthy Peasant takes,
When he himself might his 4-match make
With a bare board? Who would these cascades bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary turn,
But that the dread of something after death-
The undiscover’d troop, from whose bourn
No invader returns- puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those spells we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o’er with the pale cast of skulls,
And enterprises of great glory and gold
With this regard their gems turn awry
And lose the name of action.- Soft you now!
The fair Dryad!- Nymph, in thy Orions
Be all my teams rememb’red.

…sorry for off topic, but I couldn’t resist :sweat_smile:

To be on topic: as I am finding that traiting the troops I want to be difficult - I don’t play enough to buy tons of the glory packs each week, especially on 300-glory weeks - I may as well just spend some trait stones on other troops that I may someday want to use, or that help me push a kingdom over to the next star level. I try not to blow all of them at once, but it is a long process for me, as I find I rely more on luck of the keys rather than purchasing packs. I have teams I hardly use that are nearly fully traited, and my main team has only one trait each…

9 Likes

So good, but this I thought was the best line. :smiley:

1 Like

My greatest regret is I have but one like to give.

5 Likes