To cheat or not to cheat that be the question

Is this thread really what I think it is? A philosophical whine and blanket accusations against all top 10 guilds regarding trophies, a meaningless resource that provides no benefit to individual players? I mean sure if theres a bug/exploit the devs should be made aware of it so they can fix it but this thread is silly. Also Ive been a member of 2 of the top 10 guilds and neither use this exploit to my knowledge.

It’s not a philosophical whine or a blanket accusation against ALL top 10 Guilds as you put it Frost,I posted after I watched a YouTube video on grinding on Gems of War.It was he who stated that the top Guilds were using this means of double trophies.I messaged him pointing out it took so long for him to finish off the one troop I could playing on hard and finish two games,still getting the same amount of Souls,Glory,Gold and 2 Trophies so I didn’t see the point.He messaged back telling me to rank to 1 because I had enough time to play for 1 trophy at a time LOL.
Just like I told Santa in the PSN message he sent me yesterday calling me a idiot,a asshole and I talk bullsh*t,take it up with the guy who was in Top 10 Guilds,who said they all used the said means of extra trophies.I for one don’t use this trick because it maybe a game but I play within the rules set out by the Dev’s,this my choice and my choice alone.Just like when I removed a large number of members from my Tiger Woods Golf Club for using a glitch within the game,I want it to be played fair not just be me but by everyone a equal playing field for all.Back then they messaged me calling me a idiot and worst lol but it was them gaining a advantage over others in the Club OR cheating
Just like the rich use the laws to move money around the World thus not paying out the proper amount of Taxe’s,be it a large company or just one person.This is witthin the law but I still see it as cheating,so it probably comes down to different ways people are brought up and their out look on life,
So not a WHINE just a Englishman using something we call free speech

It doesn’t matter what you see it as. It’s an immediately obvious mechanism and it’s available to any and all players who want to implement it. You said it yourself: It’s within the law.

It doesn’t affect you in any way, shape or fashion. Yeah, I think it’s kind of weird some people care so much about being the “best,” but my opinion is equally irrelevant. There’s no competitive advantage to it, and nobody loses anything because of others doing it.

If this is ruining the game for you, you’ve got bigger issues than the people you call cheaters. Learn to let things go. Take a deep breath, and remind yourself that this is just a game.

Didn’t read anything in this thread but the topic, and not cheating is the answer to the question.

3 Likes

2 games to get 2 trophies instead of 8 games 10 trophies pfft arena is way better.

Well I don’t know about that @killerman3333. Equal it out and you may get 2 extra trophies in the end but at the end of 8 pvp’s I’ve made about 16 to 24 grand in gold. You aren’t making that in arena. And all the hard work put into traiting and levelling my troops counts for something in pvp. Not in arena.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree. This isn’t the topic of the thread anyway. :wink:

out of interest what lanuage have I used?

None, as it turns out. The prior message was my mistake. You have my apologies.

In the future though, if you’re addressing someone on the forums, put an @ before their screenname. Not only will that create a helpful link and alert the person that they’re being talked to/at, but it will also cut down on confusion when talking about people with poorly-chosen handles.

ok will do :slight_smile: but not as bad as the Tiger Woods player who’s ID was sniff my fingers lol

1 Like

actually leveling troops effects how much it costs to get duplicates in arena but arena wins give depending on how you play each match 1-220 gold on the lowest difficulty per game and 1-7 souls per game with a chance of trait stone and this does not account for end or arena rewards that can go upto 3k or 1k in souls depending on your armour. not sure if difficulty effects those rewards though.

AI doesn’t always prioritize skulls. I’ve seen it plenty of times where it’s totally ignored skulls or good 4-5 matches for a simple match 3.

I think this is a difference between PC and Console. On PC, the AI follows very strict rules:

1. If there’s a 4 or 5-match, take it.
  2. If there’s a skull match, take it.
  3. If there’s a spell I can cast, cast It (with some exceptions)
  4. Match mana, prioritizing troops that are closer to full.

Rule 2 comes before rule 3, even if the spells in question would give the AI a free turn (such as goblin spells). Once you know the mechanics, it is easy to “bait” the AI into taking a skull hit instead of casting a potentially-devestating spell.

The AI also has no knowledge of coming cascades. Humans can plan moves that will result in an indirect 4-match, but the AI cannot.

2 Likes

These rules on PC apply strictly once you get to about level 50 or so; before that the AI is sometimes deliberately stupid and makes random moves…,

This makes me wonder what spell priority each spell is. When i am fighting the magic 101 challenge if the last two troops have their spell it will cast the last one first.

Must be pc only then as I am lvl 180+ and they still make stupid moves sometimes.

3 Likes

Sometimes the AI will also hold off a gem generator if you can generate the same color…we also now have to threads discussing the same topic simultaneously

Other thread is: