Thread topic deleted. Please ignore

I wonder how many people in this thread run businesses or have to deal with the sort of things that the Devs do on a regular basis?

Is an owner going to tell you everything about their business if you ask them? Of course not.

Are they going to flat out lie? Probably not.

Are they going to deliberably mislead you for their own gain? Unlikely.

Are they going to get pi$$ed off at a stroppy customer who has a grudge over some issue because they haven’t got their own way? Hell yes!

If you don’t trust them, if you don’t like the game, if you’ve got a chip on your shoulder, go and play something else.

Don’t have a go at people who are trying to their best for the majority of people in the game, not just you personally.

2 Likes

I don’t believe the devs are ever intentionally deceptive/evasive.

I do believe they tell us what they are cleared to tell us, either by their bosses, by 505, or a mixture of both.

I’m not sure this poll is the wisest idea, simply because a lot of folks pile their dissatisfaction with specific issues onto the devs, who literally have zero control over most if not all of those issues. I know I’ve been very vocally critical of a lot of things, but I am likewise quick to acknowledge that the devs aren’t to blame for them.

2 Likes

Well to be honest the question itself is either bad made or just silly, however i read it as “if you trust anything get server to you” from devs on streams and/or forum.

Then my answer is nope, everyone is focusing on that weapon solution for which i am perfectly fine, all the weapons i want will be craftable (and i dont care about most of the craftable ones either, 20 stars kingdoms? lol, some ppls planning to play for decades seem).

But i lost quite some trust reading and rofling (even if didnt partecipated myself) at the “bugged Frostmage soap opera” gone ahead for months with devs sayig in their intesive tests was all good until the famous “1 GB video in youtube” then all of sudden “oh look like fmage got bugged for unknow reasons by some random patch just one second after we ran our intesive tests”.

Then how they handled bankapocalypse , even tho i can get their (financial) POV.

But even about the last delve event slipped (about which so many ppls are so happy cuz we got the osom extra gnome event, well, let’s hope next week GW fk up big time too so we can have anothe rmaybe), the official reason now isnt about the summon traits that “was working perfectly” but about some other technical stuff, if so then, why they changed the perfectly fine and working traits? dont tell me cause the 4 ppls in here saying they was bad.

So in that way i dont trust much them, am not saying they’re criminals or stuff like that tho.

As someone else already said above, say “we was wrong” isnt that hard and is something i never seen there, it’s always “working as intended” or some unknow alien crap or fault of someone else (btw today too a Orbweaver spawned 2 spiders with 1 skull hit but at least this time it took damage lol, defo gonna set that crap as GW def next week).

Oh and you dont need trust (or be FanBoys of) someone to play their games or wouldnt have played any Fallout past 3/Elder scroll past morrorwind.

1 Like

I suspect the original question is do you trust Infinity Plus Two (or developers) - from inference. That name always bugged me, wouldn’t Infinity Plus Two definitionally be Infinity?

No, but then again, i’m a skeptic. Given a choice between the truth and a lie (or mischaracterization), I believe they are more inclined to mischaracterize the situation. However, they may not be definitionally lying.

I believe that they use RNG as a crutch (unlike any developer I have ever seen). They give you a “it is working as intended” message, then White Knight the solution as a player “benefit” months later. They basically never tell you that something was “broken” (unless it is seriously broken - like the Xbox Log-In issue), but fix the problem later in “response” to player feedback. How magnanimous of you…

OP, best way to get a topic clicked on is to add “ignore” to your topic.
Change the title to New Guild Recruiting and put it under the Recruiting thread and few if not any, will actually click on it. :grinning:

3 Likes

Closing this thread as requested.

2 Likes