This is why people are worried about GW. Can anyone explain?

It’s kinda too late, there was a whole thread talking about how to do that shanigans trick and the dev deleted it, i didin’t see it by myself but i know some person i really trust who saw it before it was deleted

Which screenshot are you referring to

The one in the original post.

Ahh ok ty. Confused me cuz i was adding to KTs post not exactly the orriginal post

Edit: wrong thread lol… I was talking about trickys screenshot… I keep getting threads confused lol

Pvp points and gold has been asked about a lot previously, and this is the first time I recall the devs ever addressing it. Though I think they have made some tweaks and adjustments before, they never mention in change logs.

1 Like

@htismaqe @Rickygervais

So, I just dropped from a top 5 guild to a more casual guild and played a few PVP battles. The points and gold available in my 3-trophy matchups increased dramatically. I had 60+ points available in 5 out of 6 matches. Before today, I seldom saw 50 point options. If someone deliberately kept their kingdoms down to suppress bonuses, I wouldn’t be surprised if they could average 65 points or more, but I’m too far along to test any of this myself.

BTW, I didn’t change guilds to test this, but since I was already changing, I thought I would check out the results. I didn’t even notice my decrease in stats but did notice the increase in rewards.

11 Likes

Now the question is can you keep an average of 60 after 1000 pvp fight?

Five stars don’t currently change your global score bonus at all, which is what I’m almost completely convinced is the largest deciding factor in how many points are given out for any specific battle (other than, of course, which trophy slot the appear in, with lower slots giving much less points regardless of the global score bonus differential). In order to do this deliberately, you’d have to avoid even leveling your kingdoms, which would give you 54 less skill points on every troop to work with for your 1080 less points. The score bonuses that come along with the skill bonuses for completing task colors are a pretty big factor, contributing 980 points for significantly less skill points (21 in total). Though I don’t think anyone would willingly sacrifice completing tasks to get a higher rank in PvP considering the end-reward for each. Lower level guild statues also takes a bite out of your global score bonus, possibly enough to be significant influence on how many PvP points you can earn. Level also contributes a quite frankly ludicrous amount to your global score bonus, meaning that no matter what, you are building on it as you play the game.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @Sirrian!!

Just to give another set of data: As you can see from my screenshot above, I was guildless too. I had created some bs guilds (“Tickle my Goblin” and “Trump is a Cheeto”) to avoid invite-spam during the week, but didn’t complete any statues in them. Like the guy you’re replying to, I had dropped from a top 5 guild (the #3 ranked one). My average after 1400’ish battles was (74,084 / 1,406) a little over 52 points per match.

If there was some sort of sustained benefit from leaving the guild, I didn’t see it. I did get a boost in gold per battle for a couple battles right after I quit though. I assume it was because the pvp system still hadn’t caught up to give me the lower ranked opponents yet because that benefit didn’t last long.

1 Like

52 make sense but since the biggest score we can get is 62 (if someone get bigger post ss) then an average of 60 and more is very improbable unless someone decide to fight the same person over and over , wich will cost shitload of gems just to refresh opponent ,this just make no sense

1 Like

Makes sense. I’m sure I got some 60’s now and again, but they averaged out. For someone to have an average of 60’s, they must be either getting a static 60 per match every match or they must be getting matches in the 70’s to even out the ones in the 50’s. My gut feeling is that it wouldn’t just be improbable, it would be flat out impossible.

3 Likes

@htismaqe thanks for launching this thread, exactly my concerns for GW… and irritation I’ve been pointing out ever since v2 reworked pvp and gave us leaderboards.

At least @sirrian has allayed fears (probably) over GW scoring…

Again, the real issue though is the differential. Changing guilds increased your points per match. Perhaps you could average almost 60 points per match.

But for you to be 40% ahead of me after 300 matches, I would also have to average only 40 points per match.

One might be probable. The other might be possible. But both together are just extremely unlikely.

I agree about the likelihood, but I was surprised by the dramatic difference that changing guilds made. @Mithran mentioned above that 5-starring kingdoms doesn’t affect PVP score, but if I recall correctly, getting to level 10 does. If that’s the case, leaving half your kingdoms at level 9 and foregoing the kingdom bonuses might have a similar effect to what I experienced. I’m just speculating here.

For the record, I had a 67 point battle last night - sorry I didn’t keep a screenshot. I was getting a spread, but I feel like my average since switching guilds yesterday was probably in the range of between 6 and 10 points more.

If @MineralsMan is correct, the effects I’m experiencing might be termporary. I didn’t play a lot yesterday and was getting a lot of the usual suspects with 9600 point defence teams (and was getting base gold of up to 1900 per battle). Once those flush through, my rewards may drop. I’ll keep an eye out for that if/when I get a chance to play in the next couple days.

It does, yes. A static 40 score points per kingdom. But if you don’t level 10 for bonuses, you can’t five star either, which leaves you at a huge disadvantage stat wise (54 less total skill points, far more than the 21 total you miss for not having guild tasks completed for roughly the same score differential). You could cherry pick magic or magic/attack, which wouldn’t affect your max potential max speed in most cases, but its not quite as easy to steamroll everyone when nobody can really take more than one skull hit and nearly every instance of true damage is a one-shot.

1 Like

What? I can’t test this, but is that seriously the case? Troop levels and kingdom level should be independent of each other.

I mean, you can get the stars, but double skill bonus is irrelevant if you don’t have the kingdom at level 10 because 2 times zero is still zero.

4 Likes

I’d hoped that the bonus was implemented as an additional +1, not as a x2. How unfortunate.

It says ‘double skill bonus’ so I’d always read it as x2. Not that we can test it at all…

2 Likes