This Fox Rocks

Maybe it’s just that players just didn’t pick the most optimized option, thus less point than usual?

I always buy Tier 6, so 70-74 battles in a few hours right after reset, and there will alway be some point different no matter if it’s static/ranged/scaling, due to different point of the same rarity, or even unusual exception from highest rarity/lowest level rule.

If you didn’t know for sure and just guess, your point will be a bit less. I always get the highest possible in non-ranged week.

For me, it’s only 2 in 72 battles. Special boss like this was supposed to be rare, but it usually ended up being the most common, and become the highest level in no time.

Now it’s actually very rare, and push minimum requirement to Tier 4, so not good at all. :sweat_smile:

I have another explanation to this circumstance

For most events its enough to buy tier 3 and you’ll end up in to100 so you have better track of different scores with the same amount of battles there. And I have seen plenty occasions of those unlinear scorings.
Maybe it’s coz of an unbalance on early stages and it equalizes somehow later on idk, but regardless of this minor flaw, the main problem is that those different scalings and probably random battle choices even exist.
Someone who bought tier 3 should always get the same score as everyone else if all of them took the optimal choices. But this isnt the case and this is bsing from developerside since ever imo.

I don’t know how it is on Switch, but on PC/Mobile, it is indeed the case. I have tracked point for 48 battles for at least 2 years (close to 100 events) for weekly free sigil requirement, and It’s always quite consistent.

In static/scaling, there will be a lot of ties, as most player will pick the optimal path. While in range, there will be a lot of different, but like in range of 1-3 battle, not the whole one more tire of purchase different.

You’re right at there is something going on though, and it’s a new change since 3 week ago. The Elder Dragon awards more point than it was stated. He keep showing up normally, then stop after 80 battles, then show up again at 120+, so 40 battles later.

This week have the same issue, with Inari this time. Coincidentally or not, the appearance rate seems to be around every 35-40 battles again, which is way too rare.

So the problem, is this what they meant by “rare battle” from now on? And why did they make this change? Is it intentional, or some strange bug?

Is it fair for all players who buy same tier? Might not be the right questions, as we already have old data that show it is, as least on PC/Mobile anyway.

The Elder Dragon fight had the usual random chance to appear, with some fights close together, others further apart. The important part is that everybody got the same Elder Dragon fight after the doing same number of battles.

Inari is handled quite differently. It looks like each player individually has a small chance to receive an Inari battle after doing 5 regular fights. Some players encounter Inari multiple times, others never at all, depending on how lucky they get. This results in a huge spread of scores, based on guild requirements some players may have to buy multiple extra shop tiers just to hit the same target.

This is exactly the type of randomness the community fought hard to get removed from events several years ago. It’s quite disheartening to see this getting shoved down our throats again in a no comments way, especially after all the recent feedback how much the community hates extra layers of unnecessary randomness.

7 Likes

You are correct about that. He start show up at Phase 3, then have equal chance with all other 5 battle, so all at 17%, which is indeed the case for battle 31-80. But suddenly, he disappear for 40+ battle straight, which is super unusual. It’s like he was assigned “rare” in late battle somehow.

So the comparison for battle that show up less than it should still hold true.

Well, that’s just misinterpretation of the official post. I think Stratelier put it best.

The problem right now is, why does it have to be this rare? Back then, “rare” means the most common battle actually. This is the first time rare boss is actually very rare.

Do you have an actual data for that? I play on an alt this week too, and battle order are all the same. No one in almost 100 in my guild family got more or less Inari than me either.

And I’m quite sure this guy just take a screenshot of Fenrir battle, which did usually have Inari in it. An actual map screenshot with Inari icon and score to compare would be more convincing.

If it’s indeed Fenrir battle, it would still award the standard 4 tracks, so not what we’re talking about here.

Other player have similar experience to me.

If you have concrete prove that player get different choice, like earlier or later than normal Inari battle, I would like to see it. Right now, the concrete problem I see is that it’s too rare for everyone, not different experience for each player.

If it was a bug or not why it work this way, I guess only the devs can answer.

Randomness is inherently streaky. I don’t recall the gap having been 40+ battles, just annoyingly large. There were several Elder Dragon fights almost one after another earlier on, so it kind of balanced out.

Look around, there’s multiple posts about this, like in this thread. Too many to safely ignore as mass hallucination (even if it turns out to be one).

It doesn’t contain Fenrir, so it’s pretty safe to assume that it can’t have been a Fenrir battle.

Well, there is a bug report, which we were told gets processed on a daily base. Apparently something inconvenient is preventing this one to get handled, so we are once again on our own.

2 Likes

Oh no, somehow I see the Druid as Fenrir. My bad, I’m sorry.

I still claim the second screenshot was taken at much later time, but no ground on that speculation at all, so…

I know. I read yours and check the related post linked there. That’s where most of my quote is coming from.

I would say keep it open and wait for official response about what’s going on, as there is definitely something wrong, we’re just not sure what yet.

I still yet to see any undeniable prove that Inari can show up before 40 battles, or still won’t show up after that, so I’m still skeptical about variance between player theory. As far as I know, everyone is equally affected badly, so a global compensation can be easily done if needed.

On my main account, it’s 88 battle with still no 3rd Inari. If appearance rate of 35-40 battle was right, I might not see any until Saturday/Sunday at 100+ battle. :fearful:

Only one I got so far was here

And I’m here now

It’s much too rare if you ask me. I bought up to tier 5 for once and 1 is all I got so far.

How many battles did you done already?

In my estimation, you get on average 25 point per battle, so this will be your 1,010/25 = 40th battle?

Another example it’s the same for everyone, with first Inari appearance all the way to battle 40th then. like me, you should meet another one before battle 72th. Third Inari is unknown for me at the moment.

World Event have been running for years, why is extremely rare battle suddenly become a thing now? :sob:

Very rare in my guild, with one member stating that it has been over 50 battles and no Inari yet (1885 points).

Possibly battle 41, several players reported encountering their first Inari there. The weird thing is really that it doesn’t seem to work out that way for every player.

I didn’t count my battles. However many you get with tier 5, 2 days of free sigils, and about 10 ravens (not sure - but I got quite a few of those).

FWIW the event leaderboard always shows the player’s score and battle count.

1 Like

Just got an early one myself. Score 500, didn’t count the battles, probably around 20.

2 Likes

My first was at battle 19 (fairly sure, though my memory is not great) on two accounts.
You can see how many battles you’re at by looking at your score on the leaderboard tab.

FWIW, Fox Hunt event score 1895, battles 80, Inari battles 0.

1 Like

< raises hand too > My first Inari battle, on two accounts, was exactly no. 41.

I had Fenrir inside each Inari battle, and each Fenrir battle has Inari inside. Fenrir appars much more often. Maybe at least some of the Fenrir battles should be Inari battles, but for some reason - they show up as Fenrir?

3 Likes

On the alt account, I got Inari at the same point/score.

I did 64 battles on my main. Never noticed the leader board tab showed that. :see_no_evil:

I don’t have proof, I can only prove when I got my first and so far only Inari fight and for the other account I mentioned.
I have seen at least 1 here saying they got one after 19 fights and at least 1 in my guild claim to have gotten 1 Inari before 40 battles, but if it was actually an Inari fight or a Fenrir fight with an Inari troop also- I don’t know.
While another guildmate claim they havn’t seen any Inari fight even after 40 won fights.
So no proof, I can only comment on what people say/claim.

I finished using all my sigils today, Tier 4 bought, 0 Inari
Everything’s fine…