Things that need to be nerfed

And their theme. Am I the only one around here who cares about theme?

Real issue for me is not so much what damage they do but the inane cycling that makes fighting them take forever relative to other ‘tough’ lineups.

1 Like

I’m completely against changing the cycling. That is their THING.

I suggest skipping goblin fights if you hate that part.

3 Likes

That’s just what I suggested… they aren’t worth the time investment if you are just trying to grind gold/resources.

1 Like

In my opinion only Bone Dragon and the devour mechanic need to be nerfed.
In high level fights troops have too much armor and Bone Dragon is about as “bad” as sheggra was before her nerf, but easier to fill up.
Devour also just scales way to good and decides whole fights when it triggers/is cast.

I know there are counters to both (mainly preventing them from casting - what isnt countered by that?! - or entangle in dragons case) but compared to other skills these are just too deciding once they get cast.

1 Like

I have read each post and after much thought and soul searching I have one solid answer to cover all nerfing… NO!

5 Likes

I might partly agree about devour regarding the % chance devour effects, but Maws spell is absolutely fine. Its high cost gives time to take countermeasures and even if it gets through its one time per battle restriction keeps it in check, and it comes with significant opportunity cost.

3 Likes

If you go up against a Great Maw it’s too RNG if he’s going to wreck your team or not (especially if hes fully traited and with this week’s event most will be). If I can kill him asap, no problem, but if he devours anyone I bail. Not worth trying to fight back from that kind of deficit.

You’re all crazy! We need buffs more than anything! Here’s what I reckon…

1. Goblins aren’t getting enough extra turns! Reduce their mana cost by half!
  2. AoE weapons like Staff of Madness or the various Scythes should have a x2, heck, even a x3 multiplier! They’re not doing enough damage!
  3. Paladin and Rowena should have a double boost ratio! I want to see them one-shot mythical troops!

Buff everything! Yaaargh!!

2 Likes

lol we do need buffs though… so many useless tier troops… I wanna see dark elves, lizardmen or orcs be beasts.

1 Like

Been saying Goblins need to be nerfed for ages. Rebalancing their bonuses to include more attack instead of health was… not helpful?

Goblin (the common) should cost at least 7, maybe 8. Contrast with Satyr, which used to cost 9 (now 8).
Boar Rider should cost 11 or 12 due to board utility and consistent high damage output.
Goblin Rocket should also cost 11 or 12 due to very good utility.

Hobgoblin is probably fine as is - because its cost was raised from 9 to 11. See a pattern?
Goblin Shaman is also probably fine as is, given the number of nerfs its had - the troops it helps are the problem.
Goblin King would have to be looked at once summons are fixed.

3 Likes

Bone Dragon IMO is the only troop that needs a nerf.

MANY need buffs, as does the arcane drop rate.

2 Likes

They already got nerfed with the squeeky hammer once, please dont touch my goblins i just got them.[quote=“TaliaParks, post:5, topic:6038”]
Paladin
[/quote]

Wait i am confused are we talking about the troop?

you guys are going to make my brains explode[quote=“DemonicDraco, post:11, topic:6038”]
squishy and easy to beat
[/quote]

you are not alone [quote=“Studs, post:14, topic:6038”]
I think higher mana costs would do the trick for Goblins.
[/quote]

not for their rarity. [quote=“DemonicDraco, post:16, topic:6038”]
dragons or giants
[/quote]

Agreed. Celestia got the nerf hammer and yet i still see her. also giants getting the power of regen and fury

agreed.[quote=“TaliaParks, post:20, topic:6038”]
It goes against their rarity values
[/quote]

agreed.[quote=“Machiknight, post:21, topic:6038”]
who cares about theme?
[/quote]

i agree about theme. I like their theme but i feel they should always be dragon food.[quote=“Larohar, post:26, topic:6038”]
Bone Dragon
[/quote]

Anything that scales to the oponents is really strong as you fight hard and bigger opponents. Heh giants.

Greatmaw, rock worm, rock worm, deep borer. Faced it today and had to stop playing cause of bathroom needs

Remember when troops and weapons started at 3 mana and goblin only required 5 green mana.

care to explain that or you know just let that slide?

only agreed on goblin king. Goblins already got nerfed to be more squishy.

the mist of scales lizard people… they suck need buffs…

You’re looking at this entirely from the perspective of a high-level player – someone who has options. The problem is that building a goblin team is cheaper and easier than any of the counters. Low level players will not have the troops, souls, or traitstones to build a counter team, and yet that’s predominately what they’ll encounter in PvP.

Losing to one goblin team after another is bad enough. Having to wait for the AI to slowly chain quad-matches and spells while doing so makes the experience incredibly frustrating.

3 Likes

This 100% I actually had to bail out of a match with a mythic team of Hob, rocket gob, shaman and boar rider today… the bullshit cascades they where getting where unreal… the worst of all as you said they take forever to do their thing. I can usually kill them at a decent clip but if mistress luck decides to be fickle they are the worst lineup to go up against just due to how long they take to do everything.

Agreed on that one. I suspect also some bugs on Agile for the hobgobelin, few times it dodged 3-4 times in a row. Only after hitting him with a spell, I could then attack him with skulls.
High cycling also means more likelihood of skull match and at 20+ attack, it does hurt quickly

And on the topic of bone dragon, I think they need to change the 3rd trait to be more in line with the dragon itself (like able to come back to life on a 5 skull match would fit perfectly) rather than the defence freeze.

Could we nerf the people who ask for nerfs?

Or at least sentence them to read all the nerf topics before posting a new one, addressing all the points already discussed and require NEW elements? Please?

This OP is even lower quality than the usual, does not even attempt to explain a WHY that would be good even for him let alone others or the game.

For the record and rehashing old stuff: yes, endless AI turns are annoying as hell – that could be trivially handled by option to skip to last state and in general having the option to turn off animations. changes like that would actually serve for better player experience without any impact on anyone leaving the option off.

Agree on every single one of these suggestions.

And I also agree with this. Would love to see less goblins and more of others.